Windows 10: How to erase old data from my ssd that routes to hard drive that it's not longer plug.

Discus and support How to erase old data from my ssd that routes to hard drive that it's not longer plug. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My 1tb hdd got corrupted a few days ago, I decided to unplug it to prevent further damage while I got a replacement to transfer the data that wasn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ana mariarodriguez romero, Feb 4, 2022.

1. How to erase old data from my ssd that routes to hard drive that it's not longer plug.

My 1tb hdd got corrupted a few days ago, I decided to unplug it to prevent further damage while I got a replacement to transfer the data that wasn't lost. Windows is installed in a ssd so I used the disk manager to disconnect my hdd and then I unplug it from my pc after turning it off. Now I have all the residual data of apps that I can't unintall because the hard drive they are in is no longer plug. How do I elimate all that residue, and the other roots that redirect to that hdd? . Do I have to clean my sdd complety?

:)

ana mariarodriguez romero, Feb 4, 2022
  2. Dia01 Win User

Securely erasing old SSD - Ubuntu

Very inexperienced with Linux and have been playing around lately with Ubuntu 17.10 successfully recovering data from a bad HDD, quite impressed by it also.

First question is. I have an old OCZ Vertex 3 120GB that has been lying around forever and want to wipe it to factory settings and install Ubuntu on it (so I don't need to run Windows side by side on my current OS drive). I'm assuming the easiest way to do this is to do the following?
    • Boot Ubuntu from USB installer
    • Select 'Try Ubuntu before you install it'
    • Open the Terminal and
    • Use the Command-line to Simple Secure Erase i.e. hdparm --security-erase PASS /dev/sdX
    My second question is, if the above will work do I then need to format the entire SSD in ext4 or does the installer by default format/partition the SSD when 'Erase disk and install Ubuntu' is selected?

How to erase old data from my ssd that routes to hard drive that it's not longer plug. 25d1eb9e8b23d55b-jpg.jpg

Dia01, Feb 4, 2022
  3. Brian App Win User
    new ssd, installed win 10, first in boot order but still boots from old hard drive.

I have a pc with a standard hard drive running windows 10 just fine. I got a new SSD. I unplugged all the hard drives, installed the SSD and installed windows 10 on it. I would boot just fine. I then plugged the old hard drive back in thinking I
    could switch between these boot drives using the bios boot order. I was able to switch back to booting from the hard drive but now when I change the boot order to the ssd first it always skips over it and boots the from the second option which is the old
    hard drive. I thought hard drive data was just data and the bios could choose which drive to boot from but it doesn't. I can see that the old hard drive is listed as active in disk management. It seems like windows will mark only one hard drive as active
    and the bios must boot from that no matter what the boot order is. Is that how it works? Is there a way to switch between booting from either drive without opening up the pc and unplugging the other drive each time?

Brian App, Feb 4, 2022
  4. How to erase old data from my ssd that routes to hard drive that it's not longer plug.

exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 4, 2022
Thema:

How to erase old data from my ssd that routes to hard drive that it's not longer plug.

1. How to erase old data from my ssd that routes to hard drive that it's not longer plug. - Similar Threads - erase old data

2. how to find the old hard drive data such as photos apps after installing ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to find the old hard drive data such as photos apps after installing ssd: i have recently install ssd but not able to find the data such as photos videos in my old drive can u help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-the-old-hard-drive-data-such-as-photos/d42016b4-ceab-42db-b4e8-5eed44c943e1
  3. Transfer data from hard drive to external SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer data from hard drive to external SSD.: Can someone tell me how to transfer data from hard drive to external SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-data-from-hard-drive-to-external-ssd/8d744dd6-1e4d-48a6-bcda-c241eec118bb
  4. Transfer data from hard drive to external SSD.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transfer data from hard drive to external SSD.: Can someone tell me how to transfer data from hard drive to external SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-data-from-hard-drive-to-external-ssd/8d744dd6-1e4d-48a6-bcda-c241eec118bb
  5. Transfer data from hard drive to external SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. How to erase old data from my ssd that routes to hard drive that it's not longer plug.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to erase old data from my ssd that routes to hard drive that it's not longer plug.: My 1tb hdd got corrupted a few days ago, I decided to unplug it to prevent further damage while I got a replacement to transfer the data that wasn't lost. Windows is installed in a ssd so I used the disk manager to disconnect my hdd and then I unplug it from my pc after...
  7. How to erase old data from my ssd that routes to hard drive that it's not longer plug.

How to erase old data from my ssd that routes to hard drive that it's not longer plug.: My 1tb hdd got corrupted a few days ago, I decided to unplug it to prevent further damage while I got a replacement to transfer the data that wasn't lost. Windows is installed in a ssd so I used the disk manager to disconnect my hdd and then I unplug it from my pc after...
  8. How to recover data from an old laptop hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover data from an old laptop hard drive: I have a 2008 apple hard drive from an old macbook. I am trying to recover the files with my new laptop windows 10, however the hard drive seems to be password protected. I can open the hard drive but I cannot access the folders within the ''Users'' folder. Any suggestions?...
  9. erase hard drive

erase hard drive: How can I erase whole of hard drive on Windows 10 laptop prior to disposal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erase-hard-drive/e89e3f53-c433-4515-aa27-9c38560c91f4
  10. erasing hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    erasing hard drive: F disk my hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erasing-hard-drive/688e342a-8849-47fa-a272-748eda47b9eb