Windows 10: How to erase/reinstall windows 10 when I can't login, bitlocker is enabled and is on a mac...

Discus and support How to erase/reinstall windows 10 when I can't login, bitlocker is enabled and is on a mac... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I find myself in a pickle after my job ended. I have Windows 10 setup under bootcamp on my MacBook Pro. For my job I was using the corporate login as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Alan Moore_2013, Nov 24, 2022.

1. How to erase/reinstall windows 10 when I can't login, bitlocker is enabled and is on a mac...

I find myself in a pickle after my job ended. I have Windows 10 setup under bootcamp on my MacBook Pro. For my job I was using the corporate login as the login for Windows and I had the Windows bootcamp bitlocker'ed as required by the company. Now I lost access to my work account and so the Windows no longer recognizes my login, I didn't realize it was tied in to my work account. So I am unable to login to the Windows.I tried just deleting the bootcamp as I would like that disk space back one way or another, it won't let me because it is bitlocker protected.To disable bitlocker I have to l

:)

Alan Moore_2013, Nov 24, 2022

2. Bitlocker Randomly Enabled

Hi,

On my personal Lenovo laptop, Bitlocker somehow randomly was enabled. I have not enabled it, and I followed the recovery steps without luck. It seems that it was enabled during an update. I logged into my Microsoft account, see that the laptop is listed, but there is no bitlocker key listed. I am at a loss on what the next steps might be for me to be able to log into my computer at this point.

Carl

CarlDAnderson, Nov 24, 2022
  3. BitLocker won't enable on Windows 10 after update on Aug 9

Hi Brenda,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before I assist you I would like to know the information below,

• Do you have a Windows 10 copy of the operating system?

I suggest you check whether the Bit locker is ON or OFF using the steps below.

Can you verify if BitLocker is enabled or disabled on your device? You can Enable/disable BitLocker by going to Desktop and follow these steps:

• Swipe Right to Left to bring up the Charm.

• Choose Settings.

• Choose Control Panel.

• Select BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Verify whether BitLocker is on or off on each device.
    Also I suggest you to enable the WinRE so that you can enter the bit locker key and proceed.

When WinRE is disabled, you cannot enable BitLocker, and you receive an error message that resembles the following.

This PC doesn't support entering a BitLocker recovery password during startup. Ask your administrator to configure Windows Recovery Environment so that you can use BitLocker.

The solution would be to manually enable the windows recovery environment:

• Copying the winre.wim file from c:\windows\system32\recovery\ to a folder on a recovery partition. (The partition need to have a drive letter at this point.)

• Set the RE Image path. Example: reagentc /setreimage /path r:\recovery\windowsre

• Enable RE with command: reagentc /enable

• (You may remove the drive letter for the recovery partition after you have done this.)

• Bit locker will be enabled.
    If the issue still persists, suggest you to post your query on the below link.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831507(v=ws.11).aspx

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Nov 24, 2022
  4. How to erase/reinstall windows 10 when I can't login, bitlocker is enabled and is on a mac...

BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

How to erase/reinstall windows 10 when I can't login, bitlocker is enabled and is on a mac...

1. How to erase/reinstall windows 10 when I can't login, bitlocker is enabled and is on a mac... - Similar Threads - erase reinstall can't

2. How to reinstall Windows with a Mac

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reinstall Windows with a Mac: To cut a long story short detailed in my previous post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/im-trapped-on-automatic-repair-because-i-forgot-my/7ca76729-6ca9-4586-9b5f-43ac02dde050 I have been fully locked out of my laptop due to some software...
  3. How to reinstall Windows with a Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall Windows with a Mac: To cut a long story short detailed in my previous post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/im-trapped-on-automatic-repair-because-i-forgot-my/7ca76729-6ca9-4586-9b5f-43ac02dde050 I have been fully locked out of my laptop due to some software...
  4. How to reinstall Windows with a Mac

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I Reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop with bitlocker enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop with bitlocker enabled: Hello! I am currently using a hp laptop with a 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD hard drive. My device caught a virus that has put it out of order. The only way for us to fix it is to reinstall windows after erasing everything else. The only problem is that bitlocker was...
  6. How do I Reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop with bitlocker enabled

How do I Reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop with bitlocker enabled: Hello! I am currently using a hp laptop with a 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD hard drive. My device caught a virus that has put it out of order. The only way for us to fix it is to reinstall windows after erasing everything else. The only problem is that bitlocker was...
  7. How do I Reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop with bitlocker enabled

8. How to erase/reinstall windows 10 when I can't login, bitlocker is enabled and is on a mac...

How to erase/reinstall windows 10 when I can't login, bitlocker is enabled and is on a mac...: I find myself in a pickle after my job ended. I have Windows 10 setup under bootcamp on my MacBook Pro. For my job I was using the corporate login as the login for Windows and I had the Windows bootcamp bitlocker'ed as required by the company. Now I lost access to my work...
  9. How to erase/reinstall windows 10 when I can't login, bitlocker is enabled and is on a mac...

How to erase/reinstall windows 10 when I can't login, bitlocker is enabled and is on a mac...: I find myself in a pickle after my job ended. I have Windows 10 setup under bootcamp on my MacBook Pro. For my job I was using the corporate login as the login for Windows and I had the Windows bootcamp bitlocker'ed as required by the company. Now I lost access to my work...
  10. Can't enable Bitlocker.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't enable Bitlocker.: [ATTACH] I've recently build my new rig. I enabled Secure boot and TPM in the bios which is in UEFI mode. However when trying to enable bitlocker on my C: drive I get the following error:...