Windows 10: How to Erase Windows 10 and all other files from SSD?

Discus and support How to Erase Windows 10 and all other files from SSD? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I want to sell my laptop which is fitted with an SSD drive ONLY so need to fully erase the SSD ofall files for security purposes. I used the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Leon17433, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Leon17433 Win User

How to Erase Windows 10 and all other files from SSD?

Hello,

I want to sell my laptop which is fitted with an SSD drive ONLY so need to fully erase the SSD ofall files for security purposes.

I used the free DBAN Boot and Nuke several years back for this purpose but unfortunately it now doesn't erase an SSD drive, so am looking for alternatives.

Does anyone know of any good secure free SSD drive erasers that I could use? As Windows 10 is actually ON the SSD I expect it would need to be an eraser that is used when Windows 10 isn't running e.g. on boot up?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank You.

:)

Leon17433, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Dia01 Win User
    Securely erasing old SSD - Ubuntu

Very inexperienced with Linux and have been playing around lately with Ubuntu 17.10 successfully recovering data from a bad HDD, quite impressed by it also.

First question is. I have an old OCZ Vertex 3 120GB that has been lying around forever and want to wipe it to factory settings and install Ubuntu on it (so I don't need to run Windows side by side on my current OS drive). I'm assuming the easiest way to do this is to do the following?
    • Boot Ubuntu from USB installer
    • Select 'Try Ubuntu before you install it'
    • Open the Terminal and
    • Use the Command-line to Simple Secure Erase i.e. hdparm --security-erase PASS /dev/sdX
    My second question is, if the above will work do I then need to format the entire SSD in ext4 or does the installer by default format/partition the SSD when 'Erase disk and install Ubuntu' is selected?

How to Erase Windows 10 and all other files from SSD? 25d1eb9e8b23d55b-jpg.jpg

Dia01, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Guntert Win User

Secure Erase SSD Samsung

I have a samsung SSD and a PNY SSD that I installed on my laptop. I get an error and fix complete when I boot up windows 10. I was told I should do a secure erase and reinstall windows 10. I have tired using samsung magician and make bootable USB but nothing happens. My Samsung SSD is my main drive c:/ with windows 10 on it. Any ideas or suggestions?

Guntert, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. How to Erase Windows 10 and all other files from SSD? - Similar Threads - Erase files SSD

2. Make windows boot from SSD while all other files remain on HDD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make windows boot from SSD while all other files remain on HDD?: Ok so basically, I've been using a 2TB HDD for everything since I got my PC over the summer. Recently, I ordered a small 120GB SSD to have windows and a few other programs installed on. However, from what I can tell there seems to be no way to transfer ONLY windows to the...
  3. Make windows boot from SSD while all other files remain on HDD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make windows boot from SSD while all other files remain on HDD?: Ok so basically, I've been using a 2TB HDD for everything since I got my PC over the summer. Recently, I ordered a small 120GB SSD to have windows and a few other programs installed on. However, from what I can tell there seems to be no way to transfer ONLY windows to the...
  4. Make windows boot from SSD while all other files remain on HDD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Make windows boot from SSD while all other files remain on HDD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Make windows boot from SSD while all other files remain on HDD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to save erased files from Onedrive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to save erased files from Onedrive?: first at all, english isnt my native language but i need help. i wanted to free up space from onedrive so i deleted one of the backups of my folders, few minutes later i search this folder in pc and i didnt found it, how could i recover it? submitted by /u/Willigm23...
  8. files accidently erased on ssd

in Windows 10 Customization
    files accidently erased on ssd: I accidentally deleted user name and other files on my ssd cant do things as task manager or restore my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-accidently-erased-on-ssd/96e3e868-fdf4-4d66-bcb1-a1df8025b21f
  9. How to erase partitions on SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to erase partitions on SSD?: Hi folks, I got a SSD drive and it has two partitions on it. The drive is 500gb and one of the partitions is 10gb. How can I completely delete the 10gb partition and get the drive back to a functioning 500gb drive again please? When I use the Disk Management program the...
  10. erase windows 10 on ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    erase windows 10 on ssd: Im selling my system and want to remove windows 10 from it. what is the best way to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/erase-windows-10-on-ssd/29315124-9fa8-4785-b2b6-857d777d02e0