Windows 10: How to escape special characters in SC Config command

Discus and support How to escape special characters in SC Config command in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi Everyone,I'm trying to log on in one service with a specific user and password so I run this command in command line:SC config ServiceName type=... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Román Díez Gea, Oct 21, 2022.

1. How to escape special characters in SC Config command

Hi Everyone,I'm trying to log on in one service with a specific user and password so I run this command in command line:SC config ServiceName type= "own" obj= "user" Password= "password"Supposedly everything is ok because the message I get is:[SC] ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESSBut When I try to run the service again once I change the configuration in command line I get this:SC start ServiceName[SC] StartService FAILED 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure.I think the problem is the password which contains special characters like %\"@: so I don't know how can I escape in order th

:)

Román Díez Gea, Oct 21, 2022

2. Special characters not escaped correctly on pinned files

There is an issue with special characters in file name.

On Windows Phone 8.1 file name with ampersand ("&") worked but under Windows 10 Mobile "^0" is displayed instead. Don't understand how such fundamental stuff stops working from one version to the other ...

"Escaping" characters should be well known to the developers & --> & for example ...

hfrmobile#petWALK, Oct 21, 2022
  3. LittleJay Win User
    ALT Key Codes for Special Characters List

Thanks for this PDF file list of special characters! It will come in very handy, *Thumbs

LittleJay, Oct 21, 2022
  4. How to escape special characters in SC Config command

Special characters

I say little wrongly it as fault, its more feature. Normal characters are 7-bit and special characters are 8/16-bit long. So more you use special characters, shorter the message can be.

Message Edited by pankola on 02-Mar-2009 12:57 PM

pankola---01, Oct 21, 2022
Thema:

How to escape special characters in SC Config command

1. How to escape special characters in SC Config command - Similar Threads - escape special characters

2. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    special character is not working: i am supporting couple companies and recetly have lot of issue with my users , the sepcial characters is not working and mostly users passwrd are include these characters and they cant log into their softwares and their account get locked , mostly after a reboot it back to...
  3. How to escape special characters in SC Config command

How to escape special characters in SC Config command: Hi Everyone,I'm trying to log on in one service with a specific user and password so I run this command in command line:SC config ServiceName type= "own" obj= "user" Password= "password"Supposedly everything is ok because the message I get is:[SC] ChangeServiceConfig...
  4. typing special characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  5. Alt short commands not working for special characters?

Alt short commands not working for special characters?: Hey, so I have this weird thing going on with my keyboard. Suddenly can't type special characters like for example ~, without having to use the numpad number for it, like normally I just press a "normal button" on my keyboard next to the Enter Key. The Ä button on a...
  6. Alt short commands not working for special characters?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt short commands not working for special characters?: Hey, so I have this weird thing going on with my keyboard. Suddenly can't type special characters like for example ~, without having to use the numpad number for it, like normally I just press a "normal button" on my keyboard next to the Enter Key. The Ä button on a...
  7. Alt short commands not working for special characters?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. special character ¥

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    special character ¥: I usually use three languages, English, Traditional Chinese and Japanese. And I, always, need to type the specail character "¥" using the keyboard combination of [ALT]165, but this cannot be done using English language keyboard, it will return a "?", only when I switch to...
  9. Special characters in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Special characters in Win10: Hi, we have a bit of a weird issue with special characters. (kind of hard to explain but I`ll try) We are currently running a Win10 pilot, and the users are saying that the special characters, like é and õ, differs from Windows 7, even though the language input (norwegian) is...
  10. Searching for special characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching for special characters: Hi all! I just purchased a new Dell with Windows 10. I had a Dell with Windows XP SP3 for ages, and when I made the mistake of updating one of my drivers... Well, it was getting to be time to update... I've a few more grey hairs now. Anyway, in my old machine, when I...