Windows 10: How to establish pin sign in from auto sign in with password

Discus and support How to establish pin sign in from auto sign in with password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I currently one Win 10 PC that I use pin to sign in My laptop Win 10 auto signs in when started I want to change laptop sign in to pin sign in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Retired Fed VA, Oct 11, 2019.

1. How to establish pin sign in from auto sign in with password

I currently one Win 10 PC that I use pin to sign in

My laptop Win 10 auto signs in when started

I want to change laptop sign in to pin sign in

:)

Retired Fed VA, Oct 11, 2019

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 11, 2019
  3. ADL6009 Win User
    Sign in security-pin and password

I currently have no password or pin required to sign into windows 10. I would like to establish a pin. Trouble is windows asks for my password in order to setup the pin. If I leave the password space blank it rejects it as the wrong password, if I put
    in my microsoft account password it rejects it also. How do I get past the password required step? Thanks.

ADL6009, Oct 11, 2019
  4. How to establish pin sign in from auto sign in with password

Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Sign in options.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Sign in options.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

How to establish pin sign in from auto sign in with password

1. How to establish pin sign in from auto sign in with password - Similar Threads - establish pin sign

2. sign in password and pin

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    sign in password and pin: My computer updated last night and wants me to sign in. I forgot my pin and my password. How do I get back in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-password-and-pin/5ff9cbac-335e-4618-a5bc-281448dd790e
  3. sign in password and pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in password and pin: My computer updated last night and wants me to sign in. I forgot my pin and my password. How do I get back in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-password-and-pin/5ff9cbac-335e-4618-a5bc-281448dd790e
  4. sign in password and pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to disable pin sign-in and replace it with password sign-in in laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable pin sign-in and replace it with password sign-in in laptop: Hello, I just finished setting up my laptop and it asked me for a pin to be used for sign-in, and since then, they are requiring me to use the pin instead of my password. Is there a way for me to disable the pin sign-in option and just use the password sign-in option? Thank...
  6. Switch from password to pin sign in.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switch from password to pin sign in.: I cant seem to get my Windows 10 computer to allow me to use a pin. Ive followed the instructions to add a pin but it still requires a password. I actually had a pin access until I reset my computer. Now it wont let me do it. I deleted my old pin and added a new one but...
  7. Sign in Password, then pin

Sign in Password, then pin: Is this possible? > Computer booting from OFF not sleep, require full password. then, > Computer waking from sleep, require pin only. I don't want to use pin all the time because it seems like it's less secure having 4 digits to guess rather than an entire password....
  8. Sign-in PIN/password error

Sign-in PIN/password error: After my last update for Windows April 23 2020 I restarted my pc and when I tried to log in it didn't work even though I put my PIN and password correctly. I can't go pass security check, and I can't access any commands from my PC. Error I got: Something happened and your...
  9. Can I change from a "Sign -in Pin" back to a "Sign-in Password"?

Can I change from a "Sign -in Pin" back to a "Sign-in Password"?: Greetings Ya'll, To make this brief,... I received a "Notification" about "Some kind of problem with My Account", that told me that I needed to create a "Pin". I used My regular Password, & that worked for a few days, but then I got another "Notification" that told me...
  10. No Pin or Password Sign-In

No Pin or Password Sign-In: This is just one of many annoying features of Windows. Can someone...ANYONE tell me how to turn this **** off for once and for all? I am the only user and I don't need a password....