Windows 10: How to exclude Individual Users or Computers from a Group Policy Object

Discus and support How to exclude Individual Users or Computers from a Group Policy Object in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Usually, when group policy is applied, it is applied for all the computers or user groups or all the users. There are no exceptions. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 5, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to exclude Individual Users or Computers from a Group Policy Object

WinClub, Jul 5, 2020

2. Group Policy Object Missing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Let me point you in the right direction, where you would get the appropriate help for this issue. I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNetforums,
    where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Group policy to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

You may also refer this article: Create
    a Group Policy Object

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 5, 2020
  3. EdBoyerXQ Win User
    User Group Policy Objects not applied but computer group policy objects are

I created a group policy object specifically for Windows 10 computers and tablets. All the templates for Windows 10 have been added to the central store in AD. For the

Computer Configuration

Enabled "Administrative Templates\Windows Components\OneDrive\Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file Storage"

Enabled "Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update\Defer Upgrades and Updates"

User Configuration

Disabled "Administrative Templates\Start Menu and taskbar\Show Windows Store Apps on the Taskbar"

Enabled "Administrative Templates\System\Internet Communication Management\Internet Communication settings\Turn off Access to the Store"

The computer configuration settings work but the User Configuration settings are not applied and there are no errors to explain why. Is there a reason for this?

EdBoyerXQ, Jul 5, 2020
  4. How to exclude Individual Users or Computers from a Group Policy Object

Group Poicy Deployment - Computer based objects dont deploy at all

Hi. At my school we recently discovered that the Group Policy objects for computers no-longer policy to any of the computers in the domain. The user policy object do. If I remove the computer from the domain and add it again; or create a new computer
    object policy it still does not deploy. I have checked firewall settings. Please help!

LynethCrighton, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

How to exclude Individual Users or Computers from a Group Policy Object

1. How to exclude Individual Users or Computers from a Group Policy Object - Similar Threads - exclude Individual Users

2. exclude domain server computer from applying a group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exclude domain server computer from applying a group policy: Hi,i have disabled usb storage by group policy but all system in LAN disabled now i want to exclude domain server or any particular computer.Please help me.Thanks...
  3. exclude domain server computer from applying a group policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exclude domain server computer from applying a group policy: Hi,i have disabled usb storage by group policy but all system in LAN disabled now i want to exclude domain server or any particular computer.Please help me.Thanks...
  4. exclude domain server computer from applying a group policy

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to Exclude Group Policy Shortcuts from OneDrive Sync -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Exclude Group Policy Shortcuts from OneDrive Sync -: Hello,I have seen this question here before, but until now, I have not found a real solution.I have found logonscripts and powershell scripts but no real solution from Microsoft.Does anyone have a solution?I have tried filtering / excluding through MEM: Exclude specific kinds...
  6. How to Exclude Group Policy Shortcuts from OneDrive Sync -

How to Exclude Group Policy Shortcuts from OneDrive Sync -: Hello,I have seen this question here before, but until now, I have not found a real solution.I have found logonscripts and powershell scripts but no real solution from Microsoft.Does anyone have a solution?I have tried filtering / excluding through MEM: Exclude specific kinds...
  7. How to exclude password policy in group policy object on a particular user in Active...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to exclude password policy in group policy object on a particular user in Active...: Hi I was created many user in active directory and i was apply password policy in GPO but i do not want to apply password policy on a particular user. and i want to exclude this user from password policy. please help me to solve it. regard izhar...
  8. How to exclude password policy in group policy object on a particular user in Active...

How to exclude password policy in group policy object on a particular user in Active...: Hi I was created many user in active directory and i was apply password policy in GPO but i do not want to apply password policy on a particular user. and i want to exclude this user from password policy. please help me to solve it. regard izhar...
  9. Failed to open the Group Policy Object on this computer

in Windows 10 News
    Failed to open the Group Policy Object on this computer: [ATTACH]I use Group Policy Editor to configure a lot of settings on Windows 10. Recently when I tried opening it from Run prompt or directly […] This post Failed to open the Group Policy Object on this computer is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Updating Group Policy Objects

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updating Group Policy Objects: Hello, I have made an application that will run as a service under "Local System" account. I have used "Advanced Installer" to generate installer for my application. The installer produces an exe file, which when run on my PC, works perfectly fine. but when i try to install...