Windows 10: how to exclude one folder from backup in a folder backup by onedrive

Discus and support how to exclude one folder from backup in a folder backup by onedrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when i unsync one folder in a folder synced by onedrivestupid onedrive delete it from my pc, super high-hand microsoft **** tactics, no wonder people... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by johntse1, Jun 28, 2021.

1. johntse1 Win User

how to exclude one folder from backup in a folder backup by onedrive

when i unsync one folder in a folder synced by onedrivestupid onedrive delete it from my pc, super high-hand microsoft **** tactics, no wonder people hated microsoftso how do i exclude one folder from backup in a folder that is synced to onedrivewhy delete my pc copy when i dont want to sync that folder!!!!, it is my folder, who give microsoft permission to delete it!!, just unsync, i dont want a online copy for that folder!!! to think that i have to pay for this and get treated like an idiot.i will unsubscribe if i cannot do this.

:)

johntse1, Jun 28, 2021

2. Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude

Settings - Backup Options has lists of folders to back up and folders to exclude. I want NOTHING in either list. But all I can do is ADD to those lists. If I add a folder to EXCLUDE, it goes off backup and appears in EXCLUDE. But that's NOT what
    I want. I just want to delete all folder names from those lists. There doesn't seem to be a way to delete a listed folder. What am I missing? Thanks.

WP51 user even now, Jun 28, 2021
  3. Exclude OneDrive from backup

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will try to provide the assistance that is required to resolve the issue.

I would like to inform that in Windows 10 Sky Drive has converted into One Drive. As per your query, I am led to believe that you wish to remove/exclude OneDrive from the list of backup files. If that is the case follow the steps that are mentioned below
    and check if it helps.

Exclude files from Backup.

1. Open Control Panel by right-clicking on the Start Menu and choosing
    Control Panel. Click or tap System and Security,
    and then tap or click File History.

2. To exclude some folders in your libraries so they do not get backed up, on the left, choose
    Exclude Folders.

3. Choose the file, folder or location that you wish to exclude and click on
    Add.

4. Once you have added the desired file, click the back arrow to get back to the
    File History window.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 28, 2021
  4. how to exclude one folder from backup in a folder backup by onedrive

Excluding folders in Backup

Hi,

i have two laptops with Win 10, and as I try to setup backup for each, I'm unable to exclude folders. There are sections for what to backup and what to exclude, so I removed most of the folders it's backing up (e.g. Videos), and even tried to exclude specific
    folders. However whenever I quit the screen and go back everything is back to default. All folders are there and no exclusions.

End result is that it always keeps backing up folders that have huge files in them. Note that I'm using a network drive.

Am I missing something? This is supposed to be really simple.

Thanks

loadstone007s, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

how to exclude one folder from backup in a folder backup by onedrive

1. how to exclude one folder from backup in a folder backup by onedrive - Similar Threads - exclude folder backup

2. Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup: Hi, as a gamer I have several files stored within the My Documents/My Games directory, these are not required for backup but are needed on local. In previous versions of one drive, such as that answered here...
  3. Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup: Hi, as a gamer I have several files stored within the My Documents/My Games directory, these are not required for backup but are needed on local. In previous versions of one drive, such as that answered here...
  4. Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Onedrive: exclude sub-folders from backup to Onedrive cloud

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive: exclude sub-folders from backup to Onedrive cloud: Hello,I don't know how, but after my Onedrive App stopped working I had to reinstall the newest version of it manually.And that's the point where the problems are starting, like before I wanted to setup the backup of my document-files I'll use this term to avoid confusion...
  6. Onedrive: exclude sub-folders from backup to Onedrive cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive: exclude sub-folders from backup to Onedrive cloud: Hello,I don't know how, but after my Onedrive App stopped working I had to reinstall the newest version of it manually.And that's the point where the problems are starting, like before I wanted to setup the backup of my document-files I'll use this term to avoid confusion...
  7. Onedrive: exclude sub-folders from backup to Onedrive cloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to exclude sub folders with specific name from backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to exclude sub folders with specific name from backup: I would like to exclude the node_modules folders from backup. The backup folder has many node_modules subfolders. Are there any methods to exclude subfolders with specific names?...
  9. Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude: Settings - Backup Options has lists of folders to back up and folders to exclude. I want NOTHING in either list. But all I can do is ADD to those lists. If I add a folder to EXCLUDE, it goes off backup and appears in EXCLUDE. But that's NOT what I want. I just want to delete...
  10. Backup fails to backup files that are in a folder synchronized with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup fails to backup files that are in a folder synchronized with OneDrive: Windows Backup seems to be working but it simply skips all files that are in a folder that synchronizes with OneDrive. All other files are backed up normally. I have reproduced this problem in three different laptops (all Windows 10 and latest Windows version). This problem...