Windows 10: How to exclude sub folders with specific name from backup

Discus and support How to exclude sub folders with specific name from backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I would like to exclude the node_modules folders from backup. The backup folder has many node_modules subfolders. Are there any methods to exclude... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Michael.Ko, May 21, 2020.

1. How to exclude sub folders with specific name from backup

I would like to exclude the node_modules folders from backup. The backup folder has many node_modules subfolders. Are there any methods to exclude subfolders with specific names?

:)

Michael.Ko, May 21, 2020

2. Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude

Settings - Backup Options has lists of folders to back up and folders to exclude. I want NOTHING in either list. But all I can do is ADD to those lists. If I add a folder to EXCLUDE, it goes off backup and appears in EXCLUDE. But that's NOT what
    I want. I just want to delete all folder names from those lists. There doesn't seem to be a way to delete a listed folder. What am I missing? Thanks.

WP51 user even now, May 21, 2020
  3. JBoisve Win User
    Problem with File History in Windows 10

Yes I follow the steps.

As you mentioned, it does not make sense and it does not work for me to add in the exclude list a folder that is in the include list.

Particularly, if I would like to backup a specific sub-folder of a folder that is automatically in the include list.

If I put a folder that is in the automated INCLUDE list in the EXCLUDE section then I won't be able to backup a sub-folder for that particular folder just because the parent folder is in the EXCLUDE list.

JBoisve, May 21, 2020
  4. Rafe Win User

How to exclude sub folders with specific name from backup

Windows File History / Backup - exclude folder by name

In Windows 10 "File History" / Backup (whatever it's called now), is there a way to exclude folders by name? For example, I'd like to exclude all folders named 'bin' from being backed up. Essentially, it would be great to be able to exclude things from file backup like you can do for git using a .gitignore file. Any ideas/suggestions on how to do this?

Thema:

How to exclude sub folders with specific name from backup

1. How to exclude sub folders with specific name from backup - Similar Threads - exclude sub folders

2. Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup: Hi, as a gamer I have several files stored within the My Documents/My Games directory, these are not required for backup but are needed on local. In previous versions of one drive, such as that answered here...
  3. Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup: Hi, as a gamer I have several files stored within the My Documents/My Games directory, these are not required for backup but are needed on local. In previous versions of one drive, such as that answered here...
  4. Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Onedrive: exclude sub-folders from backup to Onedrive cloud

Onedrive: exclude sub-folders from backup to Onedrive cloud: Hello,I don't know how, but after my Onedrive App stopped working I had to reinstall the newest version of it manually.And that's the point where the problems are starting, like before I wanted to setup the backup of my document-files I'll use this term to avoid confusion...
  6. Onedrive: exclude sub-folders from backup to Onedrive cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive: exclude sub-folders from backup to Onedrive cloud: Hello,I don't know how, but after my Onedrive App stopped working I had to reinstall the newest version of it manually.And that's the point where the problems are starting, like before I wanted to setup the backup of my document-files I'll use this term to avoid confusion...
  7. Onedrive: exclude sub-folders from backup to Onedrive cloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. how to exclude one folder from backup in a folder backup by onedrive

how to exclude one folder from backup in a folder backup by onedrive: when i unsync one folder in a folder synced by onedrivestupid onedrive delete it from my pc, super high-hand microsoft **** tactics, no wonder people hated microsoftso how do i exclude one folder from backup in a folder that is synced to onedrivewhy delete my pc copy when i...
  9. Exclude specific network folders from a network search

Exclude specific network folders from a network search: Hi, I'm currently on Windows 10 Home 1909 and am wondering how do I exclude specific network folders when I'm frequently doing a search on a networked drive? The drive isn't mapped, just added as a network location shortcut in "This PC". Thanks. 154147
  10. Exclude specific network folders from a network search

in Windows 10 Support
    Exclude specific network folders from a network search: Hi, I'm currently on Windows 10 Home 1909 and am wondering how do I exclude specific network folders when I'm frequently doing a search on a networked drive? The drive isn't mapped, just added as a network location shortcut in "This PC". Thanks. 154147