Windows 10: how to exit safe mode without password

Discus and support how to exit safe mode without password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'm looking for help, my windows 10 stucked on safe mode, I can't login because don't remember the password it's asking, but I still know the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Babak_RT, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Babak_RT Win User

how to exit safe mode without password

Hello,

I'm looking for help, my windows 10 stucked on safe mode, I can't login because don't remember the password it's asking, but I still know the PIN that I have always used to login but the safe mode doesn't give the option to go back. I can't go to command prompt either because asking for password.

Thank you!

Bab

:)

Babak_RT, Mar 11, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 11, 2019
  3. how to exit safe mode in Windows 10

Hi Ron,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below steps to exit from the Safe mode on Windows 10.

Steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as
      Normal startup, click on Apply
      and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 11, 2019
  4. how to exit safe mode without password

Question about password in Safe Mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you not able to login into the PC or the Microsoft Account using a browser?
    • Did you check in Safe mode with Networking?

The On-screen keyboard is located in the Ease of access center located at the bottom left corner of the lock screen. It acts as a temporary keyboard in-case your keyboard does not work.

Check if you are able to login by typing the password using on-screen keyboard by following the steps below:

• Click on the Ease of access icon located on the bottom right corner of the screen.
    • Select on-screen keyboard option and type the password.

After entering the password and before pressing Enter,
    click on the icon adjacent to where you typed the password and check if you have entered the right password.

Method 1: Boot your PC in Safe mode with networking
    by following the steps from the link below and check if you are facing similar issue.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer with limited drivers necessary to run Windows. The words
    Safe Mode appear at the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you are using.

Expand the options to boot into Safe Mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

To exit from Safe mode follow the steps below:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box.
    • Under Boot tab uncheck the Safe boot
      option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

To know more about Safe mode, following is an article on
    Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode) (Applies to Windows 10 also):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Method 2: If you are unable to login and is using Microsoft account to enter the user profile, I suggest you to use another PC to reset the password from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

how to exit safe mode without password

1. how to exit safe mode without password - Similar Threads - exit safe mode

2. Enable to exit safe mode without Bitlocker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Enable to exit safe mode without Bitlocker: Hello everyone,I'm desperately in need for help because I think I've tried everything. This morning my laptop -Lenovo Yoga bought less than 1yr ago- got stuck in safe mode probably due to an update it didn't like.The Lenovo service cannot help saying it's related to Microsoft...
  3. Enable to exit safe mode without Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable to exit safe mode without Bitlocker: Hello everyone,I'm desperately in need for help because I think I've tried everything. This morning my laptop -Lenovo Yoga bought less than 1yr ago- got stuck in safe mode probably due to an update it didn't like.The Lenovo service cannot help saying it's related to Microsoft...
  4. Enable to exit safe mode without Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to exit safe mode after forgetting password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to exit safe mode after forgetting password?: So my computer ran into a problem with the secur32.dll file (srry if wrong name) and I read up a tutorial to use the scan command, however it ran into an error and I was advised to use safe mode to proceed with the check, I forgot however that to enter the computer in safe...
  6. Trying to exit safe mode without logging in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trying to exit safe mode without logging in: Hi, I have placed my laptop Lenovo v-130, running Windows 10 into safe mode with networking to fix a separate issue with launching an application. However I did not realize that doing this would mean i was not able to log in with my pin, and for some reason the password I...
  7. Exiting Safe Mode Without Password

Exiting Safe Mode Without Password: Hello, My girlfriend was having issues with her laptop and while trying to fix it, she got stuck in safe mode. Unfortunately she does not know the password, nor does she have an installation disk or drive. We have tried accessing command prompt, restoring the system to an...
  8. How to exit safe mode?

How to exit safe mode?: Hi. After starting AMD CLEANUP UTILITY it went into safe mode. In safe mode WNDOWS asks me for a password that is not present. All the advice on my computer that I found does not work because the COMMAND LINE does not start, it only goes to the blue screen for selecting the...
  9. Can’t exit safe mode without admin password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can’t exit safe mode without admin password: I booted safe mode on my windows 10 laptop, not knowing that I needed the admin password, which I don’t know. I also don’t have an installation disk i can boot from. Now I can’t login to my laptop without the admin password, is there any way to boot safe mode without...
  10. How to exit Safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to exit Safe mode: Hello! How to exit Safe mode if password was forgotten? I entered mode without network. Done many things to reset password using cmd and registry from bootable USB, but without result. Left Dart to use, but I need a big USB to save files. Also changed account...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to exit Safe mode Windows 10 without password

2. exit safe mode w10 without password with installation disc

3. exit safe mode windows 10 without password

4. get out of safe mode without password,
  5. how to exit safe mode without admin password,
  6. windows 10 exit safe mode without password,
  7. how to exit safe mode in windows 7 without password