Windows 10: how to expand boot partition?

Discus and support how to expand boot partition? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; win 10 how to expand boot partition?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jose Ribeiro (jpr), Nov 11, 2018.

1. how to expand boot partition?

win 10

how to expand boot partition?

:)

Jose Ribeiro (jpr), Nov 11, 2018
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Dandel Win User
    How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, Nov 11, 2018
  4. how to expand boot partition?

/boot Partition?

[Solved] /boot Partition?

Ok, I like playing around with multiple operating systems so I tend to have a few installed at a time. My issue is related to the bootloader. Every new Linux OS I install installs its own version of Grub. That's fine until you delete that partition.... *Bang Head :banghead:

I was thinking about creating a small (ie ~50MB) partition that /boot will reside on. This way I can have one copy of Grub that would boot my several OS(s) depending on what they are. I think this is a good idea so I can delete one OS's partition and still be able to boot the other OS(s).

Unfortunately, I am not an expert with bootloaders and I'm not really sure how /boot has to do with booting. Can someone tell me how feasible my idea is? I'm looking for a way to have multiple OS(s) but only one bootloader so when I delete one OS, the bootloader will still be intact.

Any ideas/suggestions/advice is appreciated! *Smile how to expand boot partition? :)

angelkiller, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

how to expand boot partition?

1. how to expand boot partition? - Similar Threads - expand boot partition

2. Cannot expand partition size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot expand partition size: Hi,I messed up my partitions and now find myself without space on my C disk, which is creating all sorts of issues. I have tried EaseUS partition manager and AOMEI partition assistant with no luck.It seems that the problem is the disk I want to expand with the non assigned...
  3. Expand partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Expand partition: I have 46 gb of unallocated space on my ssd. I want to expand my C drive, but the recovery partition is between C and the unallocated space. Can I delete the recovery partition and expand C, then re-create the recovery partition?...
  4. Expand partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Expand partition: I have 46 gb of unallocated space on my ssd. I want to expand my C drive, but the recovery partition is between C and the unallocated space. Can I delete the recovery partition and expand C, then re-create the recovery partition?...
  5. Expand C Drive partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Expand C Drive partition: I am running Windows 10 on a Dell Latitude 3540 laptop. It has a 480GB SSD fitted, partitioned as C: & E:. There is about 20GB free of 220GB on C: and about 160GB free of 200GB on E:. In Computer Management, the two partitions are adjacent and there is no unallocated...
  6. W10 Partition shrinking/expanding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 Partition shrinking/expanding: Recently expanded my 'System Reserved' partition in order to install W10 1903 release. However, expanded it by far too much, so now need to shrink and reallocate to may main Drive C . If I shrink, will the newly unallocated space automatically be placed next to my Drive C...
  7. Expanding OS partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Expanding OS partition: Disk Management shows my OS resided on a 223GB partition (C:) on an SSD that has 477GB. The SSD has these partitions: 102 MB Unallocated | OS (C:) 223 GB NTFS Healthy (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition) | 103 MB Healthy (EFI System Partition) | 253 GB...
  8. Can't Expand Windows Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Expand Windows Partition: Hello All, I am just trying to expand my Windows partition but the expand option is greyed out. Any advice on how to be able to expand it into the ~20 GB unallocated space. Thank you. [img] 50175
  9. Expand System Reserve Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Expand System Reserve Partition: Hi, Have a HP - Windows 10 Desktop. It originally came with windows 7. It upgraded fine to Windows 10, but when the latest version was released, it is unable to update as the System Reserved Partition is only 128 MB. I am also not getting the latest security updates as...
  10. Expanding SSD Partition Size

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Expanding SSD Partition Size: I have a Samsung 850 EVO 500g SSD that was originally made to house two partitions, C: and D:. I've migrated all my files from D: to another drive and have unallocated the D: drive. But now I'm having trouble allocating all the space now recovered from D: to the C:...