Windows 10: How to expand folders in Windows Explorer?

Discus and support How to expand folders in Windows Explorer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows Explorer (looking at some picture folders), grouped by something ( tags in this case). How can I expand all/collapse all? ***Modified title... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lise C, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Lise C Win User

How to expand folders in Windows Explorer?

Windows Explorer (looking at some picture folders), grouped by something ( tags in this case).

How can I expand all/collapse all?

***Modified title from: Windows Explorer expand all/collapse all button? ***

:)

Lise C, Jan 8, 2019
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

Expanding folders in file explorer

Hi,

In answer to your query, yes, there's an option to change the Folder View Options of your File Explorer. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click File tab.
    • Select Change folder and search options.
    • Click View tab.
    • Under Advanced settings, scroll down to Navigation pane.
    • Check Expand to open folder, Show all folders, and
      Show libraries.

You can also check all the options, and set it up the way you wanted.

We'll be here if you need more help.

Ralph Sta, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

1. How to expand folders in Windows Explorer? - Similar Threads - expand folders Explorer

2. How to fix explorer cannot expand folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix explorer cannot expand folders: Hello,New install of Win11 23H2 22631.2506, updated. I cannot expand folders in the treeview in Explorer. Instead of the folder expanding, i get the spinner icon. If i rename a folder in the file and folder list panel, it isn't reflected in the folder tree. Instead, nothing...
  3. How to fix explorer cannot expand folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix explorer cannot expand folders: Hello,New install of Win11 23H2 22631.2506, updated. I cannot expand folders in the treeview in Explorer. Instead of the folder expanding, i get the spinner icon. If i rename a folder in the file and folder list panel, it isn't reflected in the folder tree. Instead, nothing...
  4. File Explorer: expand to current folder not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer: expand to current folder not working: Windows 11 Pro 22H2In file explorer the "expand to current folder" oèètion is enabled but it is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-expand-to-current-folder-not-working/c8d23e8c-de8e-4a5b-baf4-5b0251883c2d
  5. File Explorer: expand to current folder not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer: expand to current folder not working: Windows 11 Pro 22H2In file explorer the "expand to current folder" oèètion is enabled but it is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-expand-to-current-folder-not-working/c8d23e8c-de8e-4a5b-baf4-5b0251883c2d
  6. How to expand "thumbtacked" items in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to expand "thumbtacked" items in Windows Explorer: I can't get the items under "Home" to expand in the navigation pane. They show a thumbtack on the right but there is no ">" to expand them. I have made sure the "Expand to Current Folder" is checked. I have disabled OneDrive after upgrading to Windows 11 but don't know if...
  7. How to show an (expandable) folder virtually at high level in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to show an (expandable) folder virtually at high level in Explorer: Hello, OneDrive, for example, is displayed at Desktop level. It functions there as an (expandable) folder even though it is of course not the true location. It also shows up in the right explorer pane of Desktop as an object. Parallels manages to display another "virtual"...
  8. Can't expand certain folders in windows explorer??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't expand certain folders in windows explorer??: [ATTACH] is there something i'm missing or can the folders just not be expanded? i was able to before i recently updated my computer. the weird thing is that the two folders on the bottom can be expanded though. submitted by /u/HyperCyan [link] [comments]...
  9. Stop Windows Explorer from expanding folders tree

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop Windows Explorer from expanding folders tree: Hi. How to stop Windows Explorer from expanding folders tree when exploring folders? I'd prefer a .reg/.cmd file. Thanks! 53760
  10. How To Enable Expandable Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Enable Expandable Folders: I want to enable expandable folders like in previous versions of windows. But can't find out how to do it. Here is a tutorial for Windows 7 to help explain what I am trying to do. How to Auto Expand Sub-Folders in Explorer just like XP in Windows 7 [Tips] | Next of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can you expand all folders in file explorer

2. windows explorer expand folder

3. windows explorer expand folders