Windows 10: How to Export and Import VPN connections on Windows 10

Discus and support How to Export and Import VPN connections on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 is making our lives easier every day by adding every feature desired by the users. One of the most useful functions it offers is to import... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 27, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to Export and Import VPN connections on Windows 10

Windows 10 is making our lives easier every day by adding every feature desired by the users. One of the most useful functions it offers is to import and export VPN in no time to the system. Virtual Private Network or VPN, offers a protected network connection to the user while working with the public network. VPN secures the private data by keeping the IP address access of the user confidential and therefore no one can put their hands on the user’s data even if the system is connected to a public network. This post will guide you on how to export and import your VPN connections to another computer on Windows 10.

Export and Import VPN connections on Windows 10

VPN makes the user a source network by redirecting it to a remote server. This restricts the service provider or any third party to view the data transferred or web history of a VPN-assisted system. The easiest part of VPN connections is that it allows the user to export and import it from or to the removable drive. Let us learn how to export and import this useful program on Windows 10.

How to Export VPN connections on Windows 10

To export the VPN connection from your system, follow the below suggestions:

1. Press the Windows+E keyboard shortcut to launch the File Explorer.
    2. In the File Explorer window, browse the following path – %AppData%\Microsoft\Network\Connections
    3. Inside the Connections folder, right-click on the Pbk folder and select the Copy option from the context menu.
    4. Now go to the place you want to export the VPN setup and paste it.

If you want to read the above steps in detail, here they are:

The first and foremost step is to connect a removable disk or drive, where you want to export it to. Then open the File Explorer using the Windows+E keyboard shortcut.

How to Export and Import VPN connections on Windows 10 Export-and-Import-VPN-connections.jpg

In the File Explorer window, browse the following path:

%AppData%\Microsoft\Network\Connections

Alternatively, you can just copy and paste the path in the address bar and press Enter.

Pressing the Enter key will take you to a folder named Pbk. Now simply right-click on the Pbk folder and select to copy. Then go to the removable space where you want to export the VPN setup and paste it.

After completing these above steps, you have successfully exported the VPN connection. So, now you can take the removable media to another device so that you can import the settings.

Once you complete the steps, you can take the removable media to a different computer to import the settings.

How to Import VPN connections on Windows 10

The method of importing the VPN folder is similar to that of export. Make sure that you have connected the removable drive from where you wish to import the files. So, to import VPN connections on your Windows 10 PC, follow the below suggestions:

1. First of all, connect the removable disk to your computer.
    2. Right-click on the Pbk folder and select Copy.
    3. Now open the File Explorer window.
    4. Then browse the following path – %AppData%\Microsoft\Network\Connections.
    5. Right-click on the free space and select paste.

Let’s see the above steps in detail:

Once the removable disk is connected, open it and copy the Pbk folder from it.

Then open the File Explorer window using the Windows+E keyboard shortcut and then browse the following path:

%AppData%\Microsoft\Network\Connections

In an alternative way, simply copy and paste the path in the address bar and press Enter.

Right-click on the free space and select the Paste option from the context menu. After completion of the above steps, the VPN is now imported to your system.

Related: Fix VPN not working problems and issues,

How to Export and Import VPN connections on Windows 10 Export-and-Import-VPN-connections.jpg
    This article How to Export and Import VPN connections on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 27, 2021
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, May 27, 2021
  3. Mrhackit Win User
    Exporting a VPN connection windows 10

hi thanks for the ideas I wanted to export the vpn setting from my zenmate account to a file the reason behind this was due to the 1803 update seemingly killing it or at least its VPN settings i have spoken to several of my friend and they are having similar problems with their VPN services since the update i have rolled back to 1709 till a fix can be found or i can export the vpn setting to a file any further help would be much appreciated

Mrhackit, May 27, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin How to Export and Import VPN connections on Windows 10 :D

P4-630, May 27, 2021
Thema:

1. How to Export and Import VPN connections on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Export Import VPN

2. Windows 10 exporting and importing users?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 exporting and importing users?: Hi,I have two PC's running Windows 10 Professional. On one of them, I have created quite a few users. I would like to create the same users on the second PC. I'd like each user to have the same password on both PC's, the same group assignments, and the same settings like...
  3. Windows 10 exporting and importing users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 exporting and importing users?: Hi,I have two PC's running Windows 10 Professional. On one of them, I have created quite a few users. I would like to create the same users on the second PC. I'd like each user to have the same password on both PC's, the same group assignments, and the same settings like...
  4. Windows 10 exporting and importing users?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Import or Export Group Policy settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Import or Export Group Policy settings in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you are going to apply the same Group Policy settings on multiple computers, you can use the Export and Import feature. In this article, […] This article How to Import or Export Group Policy settings in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. How to import and export WSL distros on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to import and export WSL distros on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]With Windows 10, Microsoft allows a user to run multiple Linux distros based on WSL or Windows Subsystem for Linux. But when reinstalling or resetting Windows 10, all the configuration stored with these WSL distros gets deleted. Or to back [...] This post...
  7. Export/Import Windows 10 user profiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Export/Import Windows 10 user profiles: I am preparing 6 Surface pro 6s to use in my small business. I believe they all have Windows 10 home. I have 20 employees that will need access to each tablet. I need to create 20 user accounts on each tablet. Once a tablet has all the user accounts I want on it. Is there...
  8. Photos Import / Export

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos Import / Export: I am trying to import photos from my laptop to my android using Microsoft Launcher - Windows10 , the import/export icons are gone and cannot be found anywhere ??? Any suggestions ?...
  9. Exporting a VPN connection windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exporting a VPN connection windows 10: I would advise waiting for your VPN provider to update their VPN service for Windows 10 1803.
  10. Import/Export Contacts

in Windows 10 Support
    Import/Export Contacts: Hi, Basically, I want to manually sync contacts back and forth, between my computer and my phone. Going from computer to phone, the easiest way for me has been exporting/backing up the computer's .vcf file, moving it to my phone, delete my phones current contact list,...