Windows 10: How to Export or Import Installed software list using WINGET on Windows 11/10

Discus and support How to Export or Import Installed software list using WINGET on Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]WINGET or Windows Packet Manager is a command-line tool that is used to import or export commands to create a list of installed software. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 22, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to Export or Import Installed software list using WINGET on Windows 11/10

WinClub, Jul 22, 2021

2. IE 11 Cannot Import from Edge

Hi Nicholas,

As a workaround, we suggest you to export favorites from Microsoft Edge into a .html file and afterwards, import the .html file to Internet Explorer 11.

Here are the steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three horizontal dots on the upper-right corner of the Microsoft Edge window, and then click on
      Settings.
    • Under Favorites, click on the View favorites settings.
    • Under Import or export a file, click on Export to file.
    • Select the folder where you want to save the .html file of your Microsoft Edge favorites, and then
      Save.

Once you have the .html file of your Microsoft Edge favorites, follow the steps below on how to import them to Internet Explorer 11.

• Open Internet Explorer 11.
    • On the menu bar, click on File, and then click on Import and export.
    • In the Import/Export Settings window, select Import from a file, and then click on
      Next.
    • In the next window, click on the checkbox for Favorites, and then click
      Next.
    • Browse and open the .html file you want to import, and then click Next.
    • Select Favorites to import to, and then click Import.
    • Once done, click on Finish.

Hope this helps.

Patricia Yu, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows Package Manager (WinGet) v0.3.11102 Preview released

This release includes the first stable release for the import command.

The Group Policy .admx and .adml files are also included in this release.

New Features

#220 Export/Import apps list - Import is now a default feature

Read more:

Brink, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Windows Package Manager (WinGet) v0.4.11391 Preview released

This release includes improvements for the correlation between manifests in the community repository and entries in Add / Remove Programs. We've also added a hash for the manifest itself to ensure the chain of trust with the PreIndexed package (default source). Several features have moved from experimental to released including "list", "upgrade", "uninstall", and "export".

New Features

• #959 Ensure chain of trust with packaged index
    • #118 Repository REST API
    • #120 Upgrade an installed App
    • #220 Export/Import apps list
    • #121 Uninstall an Installed App
    • #119 List installed Apps
    • #151 Support Delivery Optimization
    Bug Fixes

#723 commands not showing with white cmd background
    #955 Name and Publisher Correlation in CompositeSource
    #966 Fix a few polish Items
    #973 Fix for a bug, DO timeout to 60 seconds, minor version bump

Source: https://github.com/microsoft/winget-....11391-preview

Brink, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

1. How to Export or Import Installed software list using WINGET on Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - Export Import Installed

2. Windows 10 exporting and importing users?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 exporting and importing users?: Hi,I have two PC's running Windows 10 Professional. On one of them, I have created quite a few users. I would like to create the same users on the second PC. I'd like each user to have the same password on both PC's, the same group assignments, and the same settings like...
  3. Windows 10 exporting and importing users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 exporting and importing users?: Hi,I have two PC's running Windows 10 Professional. On one of them, I have created quite a few users. I would like to create the same users on the second PC. I'd like each user to have the same password on both PC's, the same group assignments, and the same settings like...
  4. Windows 10 exporting and importing users?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to use winget to install Microsoft Store applications

in Windows 10 News
    How to use winget to install Microsoft Store applications: Microsoft released Windows Package Manager 1.1 earlier this month. The new version of the package manager, known as winget by its users, is available for Windows 10 version 1809 and newer, and for Windows 11. The big new feature of the release is that Microsoft added its own...
  6. How to install or uninstall OneDrive using WINGET in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to install or uninstall OneDrive using WINGET in Windows 11: [ATTACH]If you want to install OneDrive using winget in Windows 11/10, this article will be handy for you. Whether you want to install or uninstall the OneDrive app, you can do that using Windows Package Manager, which Microsoft launched last year. Here is how you can use the...
  7. How to Export and Import VPN connections on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Export and Import VPN connections on Windows 10: Windows 10 is making our lives easier every day by adding every feature desired by the users. One of the most useful functions it offers is to import and export VPN in no time to the system. Virtual Private Network or VPN, offers a protected network connection to the user...
  8. How to import and export WSL distros on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to import and export WSL distros on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]With Windows 10, Microsoft allows a user to run multiple Linux distros based on WSL or Windows Subsystem for Linux. But when reinstalling or resetting Windows 10, all the configuration stored with these WSL distros gets deleted. Or to back [...] This post...
  9. Photos Import / Export

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos Import / Export: I am trying to import photos from my laptop to my android using Microsoft Launcher - Windows10 , the import/export icons are gone and cannot be found anywhere ??? Any suggestions ?...
  10. Import/Export Contacts

in Windows 10 Support
    Import/Export Contacts: Hi, Basically, I want to manually sync contacts back and forth, between my computer and my phone. Going from computer to phone, the easiest way for me has been exporting/backing up the computer's .vcf file, moving it to my phone, delete my phones current contact list,...