Windows 10: how to export windows 10 people contacts

Discus and support how to export windows 10 people contacts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is screwed up, people apple doesn't allow you to simply export contact info into a vcard or csv file to upload into another application. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gilles_F, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Gilles_F Win User

how to export windows 10 people contacts

This is screwed up, people apple doesn't allow you to simply export contact info into a vcard or csv file to upload into another application.

After playing around for hours, I found the solution:

1. open people and select a contact

2. in the contact details click share

3. some applications you can share with will appear. below you'll find 'applications'

4. click on applications and select app 'contact 7'

5. download contact 7 from MS store (costs around a buck)

6. install and run contact 7

7. say yes to message 'access my contacts'

8. once all contacts are in contact 7, choose share option and select all

9. within share go for option people I share with

10. choose an email address you can access

11. choose which email to send from and send

12. in your inbox you will receive a file contacts vcard

13. save this file

14. upload this into whatever system you like (f.ex. gmail)

In my case I wanted to get everything into icloud contacts. The funniest thing: the first vcard file I was able to import from settings import within icloud. the second icloud would not load the file. Solution: I imported file into gmail, exported and then imported into icloud. All worked fine.

What a hassle for a simple task!!!! But now I have all my contacts in gmail and icloud. I needed to do this because I am changing jobs and lots of my contacts where in my professional exchange account within W10 which will be turned down.

I wrote this because I would love to save some people time and hassle with similar issue. In the process I got so angry at MS that I was about to trash my PC!!! And researching the subject on the net and reading the official MS replies to many questions I simply got sick at how incompetently or carelessly they treated users questions.

:)

Gilles_F, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

export contacts

Hi Beth,

The contacts that are listed on your Windows 10 mail app are listed under your People app. The feature to export contacts from the people app is not yet available, but you can log into your People online using your Microsoft account to export your contacts.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Apr 13, 2019
  3. How to export the contacts from People app to Excel or Word?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with exporting contacts Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Sorry to inform that currently the feature to export the contact list from people app to other application is not available. Though, people app do have feature to share the contact individually to a particular email address.

We need to click on the particular contact, the on the right side you need to select Share. Then you can share the contact.

Please provide your suggestion and feedback in Feedback app for improving people app.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 13, 2019
  4. TJ7283 Win User

Export contacts from People App

How do I export contacts from the People App or my Microsoft online account? Or is there any way to import the contact list to Outlook 16 ?

TJ7283, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

1. how to export windows 10 people contacts - Similar Threads - export contacts

2. how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?: HOW TO EXPORT CONTACTS as in PEOPLE used by MAIL/ So I canm use the new outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-contacts-as-in-people-used-by-mail/e4e5ad93-9693-4258-8a99-09534566ad0b
  3. how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?: HOW TO EXPORT CONTACTS as in PEOPLE used by MAIL/ So I canm use the new outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-contacts-as-in-people-used-by-mail/e4e5ad93-9693-4258-8a99-09534566ad0b
  4. How to export "work email" from contacts in windows live mail?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to export "work email" from contacts in windows live mail?: Exporting contacts from windows live mail as .csv, all field tickboxes checked, opened in excel, no field for "work email" I have about 5000 buisness contacts many with second email address in "work email" field, how do I export them?...
  5. How to export "work email" from contacts in windows live mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to export "work email" from contacts in windows live mail?: Exporting contacts from windows live mail as .csv, all field tickboxes checked, opened in excel, no field for "work email" I have about 5000 buisness contacts many with second email address in "work email" field, how do I export them?...
  6. How to export "work email" from contacts in windows live mail?

7. My Windows contacts folder is missing the export toolbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows contacts folder is missing the export toolbar: My Windows Contacts directory is missing the Export toolbar in File Explorer and also in Directory Opus. The result is that I can no longer export Windows .contact files to VCF and import them elsewhere, such as to my phone. Disaster!I have been using Windows Contacts for...
  8. My Windows contacts folder is missing the export toolbar

My Windows contacts folder is missing the export toolbar: My Windows Contacts directory is missing the Export toolbar in File Explorer and also in Directory Opus. The result is that I can no longer export Windows .contact files to VCF and import them elsewhere, such as to my phone. Disaster!I have been using Windows Contacts for...
  9. how do I export my csv into apple contacts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I export my csv into apple contacts?: how do I export my csv into apple contacts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-export-my-csv-into-apple-contacts/24977aab-5b29-4ee2-bab4-72497012e2cd
  10. how do I export my csv into apple contacts?

how do I export my csv into apple contacts?: how do I export my csv into apple contacts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-export-my-csv-into-apple-contacts/24977aab-5b29-4ee2-bab4-72497012e2cd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. export windows 10 people contacts