Windows 10: How To Export Your Favorites From Edge To Another Browser

Discus and support How To Export Your Favorites From Edge To Another Browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've been asked this a few times already and have always replied "It can't be done" *Redface Anyhow, seeing how I didn't follow the instructions in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by WhyMe, Sep 30, 2015.

1. WhyMe Win User

How To Export Your Favorites From Edge To Another Browser

I've been asked this a few times already and have always replied "It can't be done" *Redface

Anyhow, seeing how I didn't follow the instructions in my signature and have found myself corrupting my Windows system while heavily overclocking and stress testing the CPU on a custom water-loop, I have found myself wanting to export them to IE11 so that my MS account stores them for easy retrieval. (I have also just copied the folder to my backup drive too!)

So I wanted to work out how and this is my solution:

• In File Explorer, navigate to your Edge Favorites:
    • Code: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites\Links[/quote]
    • Copy the links (aka favorites) to the folder C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Favorites
    • The favorites will now be in IE11 (If IE11 is currently open, you will have to close and re-open for the favorites to appear).
    • If you want them to be imported to Chrome, Firefox or wherever, you can now import in the normal way.

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere. I may have missed it. *Smile

:)

WhyMe, Sep 30, 2015
  2. e.gray Win User

Answer to: How to Export Favorites and Bookmarks from the Microsoft Edge browser to a Bookmark.htm or html file?

So, your technique requires that you manually replicate all of the changes in the Edge favorites back to IE?!?! That might be a viable solution if you only had minimal changes... but what if you have hundreds?

e.gray, Sep 30, 2015
  3. How to get favorites to transfer to new win 10

In IE: File | Import & Export | Export To A File and export the favorites to the Desktop and from there, copy to CD or flash. Copy these to the Desktop on the other machine and import them into IE.

In Edge, click on the 3-dots|Settings, and then select Import from another browser and choose Internet Explorer. Now you have your favorites in both browsers.

Bruce Hagen, Sep 30, 2015
  4. egray Win User

• Copy the links (aka favorites) to the folder C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Favorites
    • The favorites will now be in IE11 (If IE11 is currently open, you will have to close and re-open for the favorites to appear).
    • If you want them to be imported to Chrome, Firefox or wherever, you can now import in the normal way.

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere. I may have missed it. *Smile[/quote] Things have changed since the "November Update"... take a look at this post: Solved How to export favorites from Edge browser - Windows 10 Forums

egray, Jan 16, 2016
Thema:

1. How To Export Your Favorites From Edge To Another Browser - Similar Threads - Export Favorites Edge

2. Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML: I go to settings and more go down and select settings but do not get the GENERAL selections that is shown in step three. Where am I going wrong? I am running Version 20H2 build 19042.685 latest update of Edge shipinomore 170150
  3. Exporting Edge favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exporting Edge favorites: Good evening, I have purchased a new PC. Is there anyway I can export my favourite sites from Edge on my old PC and import them into Edge on my new one? Thanks Mike...
  4. import favorites from another browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    import favorites from another browser: How do I import favorites from another browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-favorites-from-another-browser/6d2cfefb-691b-4e2a-8899-8b7873e0b8fb
  5. Favorites deleted from edge browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Favorites deleted from edge browser: HI, I updated windows 10 to the latest release and my favorites were deleted from edge.Any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-deleted-from-edge-browser/5e10b64b-b8eb-4b55-b14d-383405f1e42c"
  6. How to Export Favorites to HTML file from Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to Export Favorites to HTML file from Microsoft Edge Chromium: How to: How to Export Favorites to HTML file from Microsoft Edge Chromium How to Export Favorites to HTML file from Microsoft Edge Chromium Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web...
  7. How to export favorites from Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to export favorites from Edge browser: After the "November update" to Windows 10, the Edge browser no longer uses a folder structure to store favorites. Instead, it now uses an Extensible Storage Engine (ESE) database. So, that means you can no longer just do a copy-n-paste in an attempt to export your favorites....
  8. no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites?

in Browsers and Email
    no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites?: no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites including the favorites line in the top? 66205
  9. Import/Export Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge Favorites: Microsoft Edge Favorites - Export in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Though Edge may not be the browser of choice, would like to hear reviews/comments of the above method of export/import of favorites from those that have used the method. This method was designed...
  10. How to remove all favorites from Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove all favorites from Edge Browser: So I decided to give Edge another try, and seeing that I am still unable to directly import my favorites from Firefox I went around it by exporting them to a HTML file, importing them into IE and then into Edge. Well only half of them ended up appearing in edge and I now...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file:///O:/Chilow Choice/BOSE/bookmark.htm