Windows 10: How to extend exFAT partition on hard drive.

Discus and support How to extend exFAT partition on hard drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an external hard drive with 120gb unallocated space on it, when I try to extend my main partition the option is greyed out. Is there any way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Freshby69, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Freshby69 Win User

How to extend exFAT partition on hard drive.

I have an external hard drive with 120gb unallocated space on it, when I try to extend my main partition the option is greyed out. Is there any way to extend the partition to make it all one partition? How to extend exFAT partition on hard drive. 2e515545-7c1d-4ea8-95bd-fe89a5f4d852?upload=true.png

:)

Freshby69, Jun 15, 2020

2. hard partition

Hi Prasad,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to extend the Volume of Drives and create partitions from C: drive.

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps you.

• Press Windows + R keys, type diskmgmt.msc hit
      enter.
    • Disk management will open. Right click on the C: drive
      below in the segments of the partitions.
    • Select Shrink Volume. Select the Amount of space
      you want to extend in MBs (1GB = 1024MB).
    • Follow the instruction and check if it creates a Unallocated Drive.
    Later after the Unallocated drive is created follow the below steps to crate a partition.

• Right click on the Unallocated drive and select
      New Simple Volume.
    • Select the Drive letter and follow the instructions and check if it
      creates a partition.
    • Follow the same to Create partition.
    Note: C: drive must be not less than 100GB if you are using a 1TB hard drive. partitions must not be more than 3 drives to have a better functioning of the system.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 15, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jun 15, 2020
  4. How to extend exFAT partition on hard drive.

How to remove a hard drive partition????

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I see that you want to remove the partition where the Windows 7 32 bit is installed. I would suggest you to format that particular partition (Windows 7 32 bit) and extend the partition where the Windows 10 64 bit is installed.

Please answer the below question to understand the situation better,

Is it an external Hard Disk Drive?

Follow the below steps on how to format and extend your hard drive,

1. Press Windows + R for Run.

2. Type diskmgmt.msc

3. Right click the partition you want to format then Select format.

4. Then right click and delete the partition.

5. Select the partition you want to extend and then select Extend volume.

Note: I would suggest you take a backup of your data before formatting. Microsoft is not responsible for any data loss.

Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

How to extend exFAT partition on hard drive.

1. How to extend exFAT partition on hard drive. - Similar Threads - extend exFAT partition

2. Resizing exFAT partition with Windows results in corruption of drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resizing exFAT partition with Windows results in corruption of drive?: Resizing a drive's exFAT partition with Windows 11 results in corruption of drive and loss of data.Steps:1. Insert flash drive. Use an empty spare. Warning: Data may be lost!2. Format drive to exFAT file system.3. Go to Windows Settings, System, Storage, Storage management,...
  3. Extending the C Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extending the C Drive Partition: I have 368.10GB free on the installed M.2 drive however I am unable to extend the "Boot Drive C:" partition within it. I have tried multiple things but I would like to avoid reinstalling windows if possible. The "Extend Partition" option is always greyed out. Please advise....
  4. Extending the C Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extending the C Drive Partition: I have 368.10GB free on the installed M.2 drive however I am unable to extend the "Boot Drive C:" partition within it. I have tried multiple things but I would like to avoid reinstalling windows if possible. The "Extend Partition" option is always greyed out. Please advise....
  5. Extending the C Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. How do I partition my external exFAT hard drive in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I partition my external exFAT hard drive in Windows 10?: Hello, there. I'm having a lot of difficulty formatting and partitioning my external Seagate hard drive on my Samsung Notebook 9 Pro. There doesn't seem to be an option for me to partition the hard drive. I've looked through Disk Management and I don't have any sort of...
  7. Can't "Extend Volume" on my hard drive after partitioning it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't "Extend Volume" on my hard drive after partitioning it: [ATTACH] **Disclaimer: I'm a noob aight. Idk anything** Story/Context: I wanted to create a hackintosh, so I used space on my 2 TB hard drive to do so. I failed LOL. I set aside 250 GB on my hard drive and now I can't use it. Help: As stated above, when I try to extend...
  8. How to Correctly Partition a Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Correctly Partition a Hard Drive: I recently got an MSI gaming laptop. It has two drives installed, ssd (c) and hdd (d). The system is installed on ssd. Even though it had pretty good specs it was running slow and laggy. I tried everything, cleaned the disk, closed all unnecessary running processed in the...
  9. Extend partition C Drive to another physical hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extend partition C Drive to another physical hard drive: I just bought a laptop with 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD. The OS is install on 128GB SSD and i had extend partition to it maximum. So can i extend my C partition to 1 TB HDD? (something like RAID 0, but my laptop lenovo ideapad 320s had no RAID in BIOS). So any solution can...
  10. Extending partition on hard drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extending partition on hard drive.: I have a Windows 10 box, someone has set up badly. The 640 gig drive, is partitioned into a 15 gig C drive, and a 625 gB D drive. The OS is spread across C and D. Of course C is out of space, I'm trying to install Office 2010. Even though I set office to install on D, its...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can windows extend exfat