Windows 10: How to extend local disk c when i delete the partition D it not unallocated only free space...

Discus and support How to extend local disk c when i delete the partition D it not unallocated only free space... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to extend the local disk c with that free space partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shanie Labrador, May 27, 2023.

1. How to extend local disk c when i delete the partition D it not unallocated only free space...

I want to extend the local disk c with that free space partition

:)

Shanie Labrador, May 27, 2023

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, May 27, 2023
  3. extending local disk D

I am trying to extend local disk c. There is no unallocated space in the right of C. I have a local disk D which cannot delete or format(greyed). kindly help. Also i keep getting ERROR 0x80070057 whenever I try to transfer files from C to create space

Harrison Gitau, May 27, 2023
  4. Anwille Win User

How to extend local disk c when i delete the partition D it not unallocated only free space...

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, May 27, 2023
Thema:

How to extend local disk c when i delete the partition D it not unallocated only free space...

1. How to extend local disk c when i delete the partition D it not unallocated only free space... - Similar Threads - extend local disk

2. How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.: How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous. What are the best third party tools to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-extend-drive-c-when-there-is-unallocated/4f73da4c-ca13-4d5a-8c78-fd7aa5c005b7
  3. How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.: How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous. What are the best third party tools to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-extend-drive-c-when-there-is-unallocated/4f73da4c-ca13-4d5a-8c78-fd7aa5c005b7
  4. Cannot extend c drive partition WITH free adjacent unallocated space

Cannot extend c drive partition WITH free adjacent unallocated space: Whilst I am able to create a new partition, the option to extend the c drive partition is grayed out. I have not yet tried 3rd party tools. All feedback welcome...
  5. Cannot extend c drive partition WITH free adjacent unallocated space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot extend c drive partition WITH free adjacent unallocated space: Whilst I am able to create a new partition, the option to extend the c drive partition is grayed out. I have not yet tried 3rd party tools. All feedback welcome...
  6. Cannot extend c drive partition WITH free adjacent unallocated space

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. can't extend my local disk c although i have unallocated space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't extend my local disk c although i have unallocated space: i can not extend my local disk c although i have a large unallocated space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-extend-my-local-disk-c-although-i-have/c1b69d4c-06ed-4d25-8f29-b505d94c8993
  8. can't extend my local disk c although i have unallocated space

can't extend my local disk c although i have unallocated space: i can not extend my local disk c although i have a large unallocated space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-extend-my-local-disk-c-although-i-have/c1b69d4c-06ed-4d25-8f29-b505d94c8993
  9. How to extend local disk c when i delete the partition D it not unallocated only free space...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to extend local disk c when i delete the partition D it not unallocated only free space...: I want to extend the local disk c with that free space partition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-extend-local-disk-c-when-i-delete-the/e9208bfe-f847-49e1-8c94-0cd68bc41b1f
  10. How to extend local disk c when i delete the partition D it not unallocated only free space...

How to extend local disk c when i delete the partition D it not unallocated only free space...: I want to extend the local disk c with that free space partition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-extend-local-disk-c-when-i-delete-the/e9208bfe-f847-49e1-8c94-0cd68bc41b1f