Windows 10: How to extend MS updates delay to beyond 35 days.

Discus and support How to extend MS updates delay to beyond 35 days. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After a messed up 20H2 update, and reverting back to 1909, I found a way to extend the updates delay to beyond the 35 days, I have mine set now to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MrTrippy, May 14, 2021.

1. MrTrippy Win User

How to extend MS updates delay to beyond 35 days.

After a messed up 20H2 update, and reverting back to 1909, I found a way to extend the updates delay to beyond the 35 days, I have mine set now to 8/29/2025 so that it never updates until that date, which means I can control what updates are installed and when. Right now, 20H2 is messed up, so now I wait for the next feature update, and still use 1909 even though it has reached the end of it's service, and by having an up to date firewall and antivirus (never rely on MS defender), I can still keep using 1909 until a more stable version is released. OK, here's how to extend it. PC Settings->Update & Security->Advanced options Then scroll a little till you get to the section 'Pause updates', then in the drop down, select the very last one, then click the 'Back' arrow at the very top left of the settings window, then click 'Advanced Option' again, then go to the 'Pause updates' section and the drop down should show more dates, select the very last one, and repeat from the 'Advanced Options' for as long as you like. As of writing this post, I can currently extend the delay to Mon, Nov 12, 2029

:)

MrTrippy, May 14, 2021

2. windows 10 PRO version 1903 how to pause update for 365 days

One of my machine updated to version 1903 and the delayed updates are limited to 35 days not 365. I spent more than 3 hours with MS (various phone calls-remotes) they said they could not fix it to make to be able to elect anything past 35 days.

UNTIL THEY FIX VERSION 1903 SO I WILL WORK TO DELAY FEATURE UPDATE FOR I SIMPLY CANNOT USE VERSION 1903. THAT SI WHY VERSION 1903 IS A DOWNGRADE NOT UPGRADE - MS NEEDS TO FIX IT SO WORKS CORRECTLY

ChristyYale, May 14, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Update stuck at 35% completed

Hi Johanson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that your device is stuck at 35% of installation of Windows Updates, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you using wired/ wireless internet connection?
    • Have you installed any anti-virus software on your device?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?

This issue might be due to the anti-virus software or corrupted Windows Update Components.

I suggest you to remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard, hard reboot the computer and perform the below troubleshooting steps.

Method 1:

Step 1: I suggest you to switch to wired connection (Connected the internet cable to your device) and try if you are able to install the Windows Updates. Also, try to uninstall the anti-virus
    software installed on your device.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to
    run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check.

Windows Update Troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run theWindows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists then,

Method 2: I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in
    Reset Windows Update components
    and check if you are able to find the Windows Updates.

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that
    you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer to the below article to backup and restore the registry in Windows:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Note: The above links applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 14, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, May 14, 2021
Thema:

1. How to extend MS updates delay to beyond 35 days. - Similar Threads - extend updates delay

2. HOW TO EXTEND PERSONAL VAULT BEYOND 20 MINUTES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO EXTEND PERSONAL VAULT BEYOND 20 MINUTES: HOW CAN I EXTEND THE DURATION OF PERSONAL VAULT BEYOND 20 MINUTES, PLEASE ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-extend-personal-vault-beyond-20-minutes/9e3b1e90-947f-4ac7-b914-65a971790db4
  3. HOW TO EXTEND PERSONAL VAULT BEYOND 20 MINUTES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO EXTEND PERSONAL VAULT BEYOND 20 MINUTES: HOW CAN I EXTEND THE DURATION OF PERSONAL VAULT BEYOND 20 MINUTES, PLEASE ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-extend-personal-vault-beyond-20-minutes/9e3b1e90-947f-4ac7-b914-65a971790db4
  4. 30-35 Random Bluescreens a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    30-35 Random Bluescreens a day: Hello to whoever reads this,I have been recently getting about 30-35 bluescreen a day, each giving this error in the even viewer:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000018 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffaa0f94959050, 0x0000000000000010,...
  5. 30-35 Random Bluescreens a day

30-35 Random Bluescreens a day: Hello to whoever reads this,I have been recently getting about 30-35 bluescreen a day, each giving this error in the even viewer:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000018 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffaa0f94959050, 0x0000000000000010,...
  6. How to extend MS updates delay to beyond 35 days.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to extend MS updates delay to beyond 35 days.: After a messed up 20H2 update, and reverting back to 1909, I found a way to extend the updates delay to beyond the 35 days, I have mine set now to 8/29/2025 so that it never updates until that date, which means I can control what updates are installed and when. Right now,...
  7. Is there a way to defer updates for more than 35 days?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to defer updates for more than 35 days?: Hi guys. I recently updated my windows 10 after delaying the update for a year. On previous windows 10 version (1909) i was able to delay feature updates for 365 days, and security updates for less time, i think it was 30 days. I enabled this feature to avoid receiving a...
  8. Audio Delay with Bose QC 35 II

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Delay with Bose QC 35 II: Can I fix my audio delay on the Bose QC 35 II under Windows 10? Streaming music is no problem but playing games is not so good with it. Thats the dongle that I use. Both devices have BT 4.0. submitted by /u/Predocator7 [link] [comments]...
  9. Delaying restart for updates beyond 'active hours'

Delaying restart for updates beyond 'active hours': Hi, with the anniversary upgrade, an active hours period of up to 12 hours is provided, after which, assuming one's PC is on, it will restart if so required for a Windows update. I realised that programs such as 'Don't Sleep' which optionally block shutdown, hibernate,...
  10. Snipping tool extends beyond window

Snipping tool extends beyond window: When I select "Window Snip" on Snipping tool it includes a little of whatever is behind on the sides and bottom. Is this a new issue? I'm pretty sure it didn't do it in 8 but can't quite remember and don't have any older versions installed at the moment to check....