Windows 10: How to extend or merge a partition with windows 10

Discus and support How to extend or merge a partition with windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm looking how to merge my pc partitions, in my case it is C: and D: I don't understand why I'm not able to do it, it's like stuck... I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matsmith, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Matsmith Win User

How to extend or merge a partition with windows 10

Hi all,
    I'm looking how to merge my pc partitions, in my case it is C: and D:
    I don't understand why I'm not able to do it, it's like stuck... I tried with a software (Aomei) and it's blocked.. see pics.

Please help me, it would be so nice..!

Bonsoir,
    Je cherche comment fusionner deux partitions, dans mon cas C: et D: !!
    Je ne comprends pas pour windows ou autre logiciel comme Aomei ne me laisse pas étendre ou fusionner avec C:

Si quelqu'un aurait une idée ou une réponse ce serait super!!

How to extend or merge a partition with windows 10 [​IMG]

How to extend or merge a partition with windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

Matsmith, Aug 17, 2017

2. Disk management can't merge two partition. (One of them was a linux based partition)

Hello guys!

I was dual booting windows 10 with Linux. Now I no more need the linux. So I formatted it in disk management but I can't merge my windows partition to the new unallocate partition. But with it I can create a new volume. So how can I format the new partition
    so that it can merge/extend to the existing windows 10 one? Thanks in advance.

KevinRoussety, Aug 17, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    I want to merge the 3 partitions on external HD into 1 - all are on same 2 TB external HD - WINDOWS 10

Windows' own Disk Management utility doesn't merge partitions. To merge partitions you'll need third-party software.

You can do something similar with Windows' own tools, but it's a kluge (look it up.) Here's how: Move everything into the partition that is closest to the beginning of the drive. Delete the other two partitions. Then extend the remaining partition
    until it fills the available space. Awkward, but that's a kluge for you.

BulldogXX, Aug 17, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. As its not in english Its hard to tell but you dont seem to have a drive d: you seem to have empty space after c which you should just be able to expand c to the right into the unalocated space even from built in disk manager

Samuria, Aug 17, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Correct. "Non alloué" is "Unallocated" in English. Right-click on C: in Disk Manager (Gestion des disques) and you should be able to select "Extend Volume..." (Google translate says that would be "Extender le volume ...").

6. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to extend or merge a partition with windows 10 - Similar Threads - extend merge partition

2. Merging Partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merging Partitions: So here is my issue. Windows is on my C drive, which is normal and good. What I want before I start to put stuff on the D and E drive, is for them not to be partitioned. No matter what I do, I can't seem to merge E with the two extra parts it has, nor can I merge D with the...
  3. Merging Partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Merging Partitions: So here is my issue. Windows is on my C drive, which is normal and good. What I want before I start to put stuff on the D and E drive, is for them not to be partitioned. No matter what I do, I can't seem to merge E with the two extra parts it has, nor can I merge D with the...
  4. Merging Partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merging Partitions: Hello, I was transferring data from one SSD to another with a larger capacity and everything went great. When I went to Disk Management to see if Windows had detected the larger storage I saw that it was there but just unformatted. [ATTACH] I don't want to create a separate...
  5. Merge Partitions

Merge Partitions: Every time i backup with Macrium i keep seeing 3 partitions on C: everything works fine and backs up no problems can i merge the third part with the second part as it looks lost and with a none indication i assume it is doing nothing. I think it was a left over from upgrading...
  6. Merge Boot partition Windows 10

Merge Boot partition Windows 10: Hi, It is posible to get rid of boot partition? I mean, integrate it into the main partition of windows? 148853
  7. How to Merge or Delete an OEM Partition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Merge or Delete an OEM Partition in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you have noticed in Disk Management, a part of your hard drive says Healthy (OEM partition), and occupies space in GBs, then it is normal. There is nothing to worry about except that part of storage space is not [...] This post How to Merge or Delete an...
  8. Merging partitions

Merging partitions: I just upgraded my main windows 10 drive from 250 to 500 GB by cloning the drive. How do I merge the un-allocated portion with the active portion so Windows sees the full capacity of the drive??...
  9. Merging partitions.

Merging partitions.: [img] I'm trying to do something with the mini partition wizard that is raved about on this site. The FACTORY IMAGE D above is useless to my computer now that I have been on Windows 10 Home (latest build) and Windows 10 so graciously dropped a 449MB Recovery Partition...
  10. How to merge the Health (Recovery Partition) in Windows 10

How to merge the Health (Recovery Partition) in Windows 10: Previously, I used AOMEI Partition Assistant without any issue, but now after I delete the 450 MB Health (Recovery Partition) & merge with my C: drive, this error popped out; (I'm unable to merge it anymore) "The version of your system is equal or higher than 1703. We...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 fusionner partition

2. merge a partition with the primary partition

3. how to extend merge a volume windows