Windows 10: How to extend space in drive on Windows 10

Discus and support How to extend space in drive on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to extend my d drive because it has very less and I think there is unlocated space on pc what is the proper way to extend the d drive space on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MihiraDias, Oct 10, 2020.

1. How to extend space in drive on Windows 10

I want to extend my d drive because it has very less and I think there is unlocated space on pc what is the proper way to extend the d drive space on windows 10

:)

MihiraDias, Oct 10, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Extending disk space in drive c

Hello honey164,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

This step-by-step guide should help you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-extend-c-drive...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Oct 10, 2020
  4. How to extend space in drive on Windows 10

How to extend the C: drive space as low storage space warning while trying to upgrade to Windows 10?

Hi Colin,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing storage issues while trying to upgrade to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the complete error message while trying to extend the C: drive partition?

Follow the below steps to extend the C: drive and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type diskmgmt.msc
      and hit Enter.
    • In the Disk Management screen, right-click on the partition that you want to shrink, and select
      Extend Volume from the menu.
    • Locate your system partition — that’s probably the C: partition.
    • Right-click on it and select Shrink Volume
    • If you have multiple partitions on your hard drive, you could also choose to resize a different partition to free up space.

I recommend you to refer to the articles below and check if it helps.

Andre Da Costa's article to free up the disc space: How
    to free up disk space in Windows

Also, refer to Microsoft help article to Help with upgrading to Windows 10

Hope it helps. get back to us with an updated status of upgrading to Windows 10 for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

How to extend space in drive on Windows 10

1. How to extend space in drive on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - extend space drive

2. Problem with extending space on C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with extending space on C Drive: I was trying to extend the C drive on my hard disk. For that, I made an empty drive next to it and 'deleted the volume' to create unallocated space. However, after doing that, the disk shows its status as 'Free Space', not as 'Unallocated Space'. Therefore I couldn't extend...
  3. Problem with extending space on C Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with extending space on C Drive: I was trying to extend the C drive on my hard disk. For that, I made an empty drive next to it and 'deleted the volume' to create unallocated space. However, after doing that, the disk shows its status as 'Free Space', not as 'Unallocated Space'. Therefore I couldn't extend...
  4. Problem with extending space on C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Extending space on C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extending space on C drive: My Question: my disc manager space distribution looks like this: i.e., print screen below. On Disc 1 I would like to extend "C" using the space from New Volume J . Is this possible? Disc 1 is a solid state 1TB. I am not sure if this can be done! Can you please advise me?...
  6. Extending space on C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extending space on C drive: My Question: my disc manager space distribution looks like this: i.e., print screen below. On Disc 1 I would like to extend "C" using the space from New Volume J . Is this possible? Disc 1 is a solid state 1TB. I am not sure if this can be done! Can you please advise me?...
  7. Extending space on C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. extend c drive storage space

extend c drive storage space: c drive has fixed storage i:e 38 gb,now how to extend my storage data in c drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-c-drive-storage-space/b1ccba02-2e20-4360-acf5-94cefeb6890b
  9. How to extend space in drive on Windows 10

How to extend space in drive on Windows 10: I want to extend my d drive because it has very less and I think there is unlocated space on pc what is the proper way to extend the d drive space on windows 10...
  10. Extending disk space in drive c

Extending disk space in drive c: I want to extend my disk space in c but in the disk management I have a healthy oem partition in between which I can't delete or is it ok to delete this partition? So how to increase the disk space in c? here is the screenshot of the allocated disk space: [ATTACH]...