Windows 10: How to extend ssd c dr

Discus and support How to extend ssd c dr in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to extend my 500 g drive to an external 4 t drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lewis smith2, Apr 16, 2024.

1. How to extend ssd c dr

I am trying to extend my 500 g drive to an external 4 t drive

:)

lewis smith2, Apr 16, 2024

2. extending C drive into an external SSD

Thank you so much for the prompt reply.

I had initially wanted to do a backup of my C drive to the SSD drive. I tried several times with each of the 3 SSD drives that I have including one I bought about 7 - 10 days ago for that specific purpose.

Each time I tried I got an error message that said I did not have sufficient memory - error 0x81000019.

I tried some of the suggestions I found on the internet but was still not successful.

In the process I became aware of the operation to extend my C drive. I concluded which now I know, from your response to be wrong, that I should be able to extend this to my SSD drive.

Hence my question.

My C drive is a smallish 128gig and it is almost full. I believe there is only 2-3 Gig of free space left after clearing unwanted files.

I also subscribe to OneDrive and I do use it for backups as well.

mohsainessa, Apr 16, 2024
  3. Sumedh N Win User
    To extend C Drive

I have installed WIN10 on laptop few days ago. And make NVME SSD partitions of 30 gb and 140 gb. Now want to extend C partion but while checking it in disk management I found 140 gb free partion before C drive. How can I extend C drive without formatting the disk?

Please suggest the solution.

Thanks in advance.

N Sumedh

Sumedh N, Apr 16, 2024
  4. How to extend ssd c dr

extending C drive into an external SSD

Hi Mohsainessa. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, specializing in Installation, Performance, Troubleshooting and Activation, here to help you.

You cannot extend the C drive into an external drive. If there is any space left on the hard drive containing C i can help you extend into it - even move existing partitions off of it to another internal hard drive/SSD- if you will post a screenshot of Disk Management, which I read like a doctor reads X-rays. Follow the steps here so I can see everything needed to advise you: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/foru...

Here is how to backup using File History in Windows 11:

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/set-up-file-histo...

Feel free to ask back any questions. Please report back results for all steps given so I know what else to suggest if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Apr 16, 2024
Thema:

How to extend ssd c dr

1. How to extend ssd c dr - Similar Threads - extend ssd

2. How to extend ssd c dr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to extend ssd c dr: I am trying to extend my 500 g drive to an external 4 t drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-extend-ssd-c-dr/65a0f46c-e636-4852-a729-216e08bc7260
  3. i try to extend volume c to the free space in my SSD but I get this message.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i try to extend volume c to the free space in my SSD but I get this message.: so whats wrong ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-try-to-extend-volume-c-to-the-free-space-in-my/23d14e20-c400-4714-b8ba-9338fff89fb4
  4. i try to extend volume c to the free space in my SSD but I get this message.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i try to extend volume c to the free space in my SSD but I get this message.: so whats wrong ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-try-to-extend-volume-c-to-the-free-space-in-my/23d14e20-c400-4714-b8ba-9338fff89fb4
  5. i try to extend volume c to the free space in my SSD but I get this message.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Extending the volume of external SSD which has Windows in it

Extending the volume of external SSD which has Windows in it: So I bought a new SSD to replace my old one in my Dell laptop. I cloned my C: drive to the new SSD using Macrium Reflect and now on Disk Management it has almost 700GB unallocated space. When I try to extend it is gives me a warning about changing from basic to dynamic disks,...
  7. Extending the volume of external SSD which has Windows in it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extending the volume of external SSD which has Windows in it: So I bought a new SSD to replace my old one in my Dell laptop. I cloned my C: drive to the new SSD using Macrium Reflect and now on Disk Management it has almost 700GB unallocated space. When I try to extend it is gives me a warning about changing from basic to dynamic disks,...
  8. Extending the volume of external SSD which has Windows in it

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Why my ssd showing 79 gb free space? Also if i wanted to extend the 79 gb it is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my ssd showing 79 gb free space? Also if i wanted to extend the 79 gb it is not...: How to solve this problem? Somehow my 79 gb unallocated space is showing as free space,and thats why i also cannot extend this 79 gb unallocated space....
  10. Why my ssd showing 79 gb free space? Also if i wanted to extend the 79 gb it is not...

Why my ssd showing 79 gb free space? Also if i wanted to extend the 79 gb it is not...: How to solve this problem? Somehow my 79 gb unallocated space is showing as free space,and thats why i also cannot extend this 79 gb unallocated space....