Windows 10: How to Extend Taskbar, not Duplicate?

Discus and support How to Extend Taskbar, not Duplicate? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to know if there is an option in Windows 10 that allows me to extend the taskbar (not duplicate it) on multiple displays, in order to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SakieBuddy, Sep 8, 2019.

1. How to Extend Taskbar, not Duplicate?

I would like to know if there is an option in Windows 10 that allows me to extend the taskbar (not duplicate it) on multiple displays, in order to have the Windows button on the far left of my first monitor, the clock on the far right of my last monitor, and one looooong taskbar with the open windows that spans across my multi-monitor setting.

PS: Please note that I do NOT want to duplicate the taskbar, but to extend it in order to pass the limits of the monitor.

:)

SakieBuddy, Sep 8, 2019
  2. MDJ
    MDJ Win User

Windows 10 problem with duplicated icons in taskbar, broken Jump Lists

Hello,

I‘ve been recently having a problem with duplicated items in taskbar and broken Jump Lists. I‘m now using Windows 10 but this problem occurred in Windows 8.1 too but then it somehow fixed itself. Some programs that I pin to taskbar have a tendency to duplicate themselves when clicked on. For now, I‘ve noticed this behaviour only in Skype and Spotify but it‘s still very annoying since duplicate icons take valuable taskbar space and even more—make Jump Lists of those programs broken, meaning that you can still see tasks program developers provided but after you click them nothing happens.

I‘ve tried loads of times pinning, repinning, deleting whole User Pinned folder from %appdata%/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Quick Launch, clearing Jump List folders manually and automatically with Command Prompt commands as suggested here with no luck. The only thing I did achieve was when I pinned Skype to taskbar in my other user account, then copied the newly created shortcut from Use Pinned folder to my User Pinned folder—this made Skype Jump Lists working but duplicate icon in taskbar remained.

I‘ve recently found a tutorial which may force taskbar to use only one icon per app but I can‘t check this right now as 7+ Taskbar Tweaker isn‘t yet officially available for Windows 10 users.

Thank you for taking your time and reading my message, any suggestions would be appreciated,

P. S. I don‘t know if this is related but I can‘t pin any Control Panel item to Quick Access whilst I can pin folders. Interesting side of this is that pinned Control Panel items appear in File Explorer's Jump List but after clicked I get a message that item is unavailable and that it might have been moved, renamed or removed.

3. My Taskbar suddenly stretched out

Hello,

I realize that the Taskbar is stretched or extended in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and check if the Lock the Taskbar
      is checked.
    • If it is checked, uncheck it and drag the taskbar down
      and check the taskbar to lock the taskbar again.
    • Check if the issue is resolved.
    Please post to us if the taskbar issue is resolved. We will help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

How to Extend Taskbar, not Duplicate?

Taskbar Duplicate Issue When Hovering

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why you're having duplicate icons in Taskbar is due to corruption in Windows components or due to application conflicts.
    As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you place the computer in
    safe mode and check if the issue persists. Simply follow the steps on this
    link.

Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

How to Extend Taskbar, not Duplicate?

1. How to Extend Taskbar, not Duplicate? - Similar Threads - Extend Taskbar Duplicate

2. Duplicate and extend screen on multiple

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate and extend screen on multiple: Hi, i have 4 screens connected to my laptop. I want to duplicate screen on 3 of them, and extend screen ton1 of them. How can i do all of them at one time? In the display settings it gives me option to duplicate desktop only on 2 of them. Thanks...
  3. Duplicate and extend screen on multiple

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate and extend screen on multiple: Hi, i have 4 screens connected to my laptop. I want to duplicate screen on 3 of them, and extend screen ton1 of them. How can i do all of them at one time? In the display settings it gives me option to duplicate desktop only on 2 of them. Thanks...
  4. Duplicate and extend screen on multiple

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Possible to duplicate extended desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible to duplicate extended desktop?: Hi, i have a laptop connected to 2 monitors, total 3 displays. Laptop is display 1, followed by monitor 1 is display 2, monitor is display 3.Is it possible to extend my laptop to display 2 and also to have duplicate of this extended desktop shown on display 3?i.e. display 1...
  6. Possible to duplicate extended desktop?

Possible to duplicate extended desktop?: Hi, i have a laptop connected to 2 monitors, total 3 displays. Laptop is display 1, followed by monitor 1 is display 2, monitor is display 3.Is it possible to extend my laptop to display 2 and also to have duplicate of this extended desktop shown on display 3?i.e. display 1...
  7. Duplicate to extend multiple display control.

Duplicate to extend multiple display control.: When I switch from duplicate to extend with multiple displays, how can I control which screen automatically shows what was previously on the duplicated screen?...
  8. Must duplicate display before extending

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Must duplicate display before extending: After a graphics driver update about a month ago some of my display settings are not working properly, mainly that sometimes my computer will snap out of extending to both my monitors for a number of reasons and in order to get it back I have to first select duplicate,...
  9. Must duplicate display before extending

Must duplicate display before extending: After a graphics driver update about a month ago some of my display settings are not working properly, mainly that sometimes my computer will snap out of extending to both my monitors for a number of reasons and in order to get it back I have to first select duplicate,...
  10. How to stop automatic duplicate/extend displays

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to stop automatic duplicate/extend displays: Hello all! I'm using my Windows 10 laptop with a secondary external monitor which i want to use as a display, without the laptop's built-in display. The problem is, despite i set to show the image only on the secondary (external) monitor, after each restart or after i close...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant pin icon to taskbar windows 10