Windows 10: How to extend the maximum rollback period for the most recent Windows 10 update?

Discus and support How to extend the maximum rollback period for the most recent Windows 10 update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Tried CMD Prompt with: DISM /Online /Set-OSUninstallWindow /Value:30 Got error message: Error: 1168 Element not found. The DISM log file can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Trushott, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Trushott Win User

How to extend the maximum rollback period for the most recent Windows 10 update?

Tried CMD Prompt with:

DISM /Online /Set-OSUninstallWindow /Value:30

Got error message:

Error: 1168

Element not found.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Really confused by how the update effected Windows functionality, it turned into panels rather than windows, ie cannot make diagonal adjustments anymore, plus other downgrades - functionality has been greatly reduced. I was using this computer for work and can no longer do that because of this change. All usage has been slowed down greatly.

Any assistance to get back to how things were before this most recent update much appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

Trushott, Jan 30, 2019

2. How to extend the maximum rollback period for the most recent Windows 10 update?

Hi Trushott

Here is another method by JW Stuart for extending the rollback period:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Andre for Directly, Oct 10, 2019
  3. S_and_S Win User
    How to extend the maximum rollback period for the most recent Windows 10 update?

Even if it were possible to increase the rollback period ... you wouldn't want to do that. Even 10 days is likely too long for a successful rollback.

The truth is, regardless of the number of days, the more you have used your computer after receiving a feature update, the harder it is to roll it back. Even one day would be too long, if you used your computer extensively during that day. This forum has
    plenty of posts from people whose computers got messed up after rolling back.

When you attempt to roll back, Windows has to undo all the changes you made, in order to get back to what you had before. There's only so much that can be undone until, like Humpty Dumpty, even all the king's horses can put you back to the way you were.

The only sure method to go back to the way your computer was before an update, regardless of how long ago, is to make image backups every day. An image backup is an exact copy of your computer. When you restore an image backup, your computer travels back
    in time to exactly the way it was when you made the backup, no matter how much your computer has changed in the intervening period.

A rollback, on the other hand, is best executed shortly after a computer was updated, as soon as you realize that the update didn't work out well. The less time that passes, the better.

S_and_S, Oct 10, 2019
  4. How to extend the maximum rollback period for the most recent Windows 10 update?

Anniversary Update rollback period.

HI Ron,

I will surely help you with the Anniversary update rollback period.

As per your query I like to inform you that, yes Microsoft has decreased the rollback period of the Windows 10 anniversary update to 10 days.

I will suggest you to update your system with Windows 10 anniversary update. As anniversary update has
    innovative, user friendly features.

Please refer to the below link for the latest features in Anniversary update:

Windows 10 Features: What is in Windows 10 | Microsoft

Please reach back to us, if you still face difficulty with Windows 10 anniversary update.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. How to extend the maximum rollback period for the most recent Windows 10 update? - Similar Threads - extend maximum rollback

2. Can the Windows 10 support period be extended for a longer period, please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can the Windows 10 support period be extended for a longer period, please?: Hello, I still use Windows 10 to this day because it makes me feel nostalgic, and 75% of my countrymen use it because it is the best these are their words, not mine. So i'll be very happy to accept my suggestion :...
  3. Can the Windows 10 support period be extended for a longer period, please?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can the Windows 10 support period be extended for a longer period, please?: Hello, I still use Windows 10 to this day because it makes me feel nostalgic, and 75% of my countrymen use it because it is the best these are their words, not mine. So i'll be very happy to accept my suggestion :...
  4. How To See the Most Recent Updates Windows 10 Installed?

in Windows 10 News
    How To See the Most Recent Updates Windows 10 Installed?: With the number of updates by Microsoft, it's often difficult to keep track of when these updates were installed. We're here to help you figure this out. We will discuss two simple ways to see when Microsoft installed new updates. Quickest way to see the most recent Windows...
  5. Most Recent Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Most Recent Windows 10 Update: I got that big update in the last 10 days. On its way to the desktop, it showed some new things. I was in a hurry and skipped past it. Is there a way to get back to that OR is there a list of new features available? One thing that I keep running into and don't know how I am...
  6. Most recent updates

Most recent updates: How do I know I'm operating on updated version of Microsoft windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-recent-updates/88d75eee-19a0-4633-962f-17af33c3dab4
  7. Updated to the most recent windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated to the most recent windows update: I updated to the most recent windows update and I keep on getting the bsod for random reasons each time. I've ran the scannow and verify to make sure there are no bad drivers. I've reinstalled my amd drivers. Nothing is overclocked either. It's exactly the same way it was...
  8. How do I rollback from Windows 10 recent feature update?

How do I rollback from Windows 10 recent feature update?: I started having some issues related to high and unsteady Memory, Disk and CPU usage after the recent feature update. I do have the Windows.old folder in C Drive. There were 4 definition updated after that so I'm confused if i have to uninstall the definition updates first...
  9. Most recent update

Most recent update: I am an "Insider" and have installed the latest update. All sorts of strange things have started to happen. Examples: 1. The audio out on my camera no longer works for conversations on Skype. 2, The voice recorder no longer works. 3, When I try to open Edge I receive the...
  10. Extend rollback time

Extend rollback time: I used DISM /Online /Set-OSUninstallWindow /Value:60 to extend rollback time a few days ago. I just used DISM /Online /Get-OSUninstallWindow to see how much time I have left and it reported 60. Does it not report the actual time left? 116626

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DISM /Online /Set-OSUninstallWindow /Value:30

2. /set-osuninstallwindow maximum