Windows 10: How to extend the size of existing partition in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to extend the size of existing partition in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm running a dual boot on my computer, but the other OS is running out of space. I want to extend the size of it on diskmngt but it is greyed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by giddsec, Apr 23, 2021.

1. giddsec Win User

How to extend the size of existing partition in Windows 10?

Hello, I'm running a dual boot on my computer, but the other OS is running out of space. I want to extend the size of it on diskmngt but it is greyed out. Already tried the following that I did to shrink a volume but nothing works.- Disable System Restore- Disable HibernateIt is currently 50GB under a healthy partition, I want to make it 100GB, as I still have huge free space on my main drive. How can I do it? Thanks!

:)

giddsec, Apr 23, 2021

2. Extend C drive Size

Your Image does not show a D partition. It does show an F partition which if reduced in size would enable you to increase the size of the C partition.

These are the steps needed to enable you to increase the size of your C partition:

• Reduce F by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before F.

• Increase the Recovery partition by 20 gb taking up unallocated space created by Step 1.

• Reduce the Recovery partition by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

• Increase the C partition by 20 gb to take in the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

You can use Easeus Partition Manager (freeware) to carry out these tasks. The files in each partition are automatically moved when you carry out each step detailed above.

Free partition manager software to resize partitions - EaseUS® Partition Master Free

How to extend system partition when there is no unallocated space next to it?

Detailed solutions to manage disk space and partition size with EaseUS Partition Master

Gerry C J Cornell, Apr 23, 2021
  3. How to extend C partition

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the information provided.

Please to inform you that you need to have an “unallocated disk space” to the right of the Partition\Volume you wish to extend on the same drive. Only when “unallocated disk space” is available “extend” option is highlighted.

I suggest you to try these steps and check if they helps.

Step1: Press Windows + R and Diskmgmt.msc and try the following

a. Right click the basic volume want to extend.

b. Click extend volume.

c. Follow the instruction on the screen.

Step2: Open a command prompt and type diskpart.

At the DISKPART prompt, type list volume. Make note of the basic volume you want to extend.

At the DISKPART prompt, type select volume <volumenumber>. This selects the basic volume volumenumber that you want to extend into contiguous, empty space on the same disk.

At the DISKPART prompt, type extend [size=<size>]. This extends the selected volume by size megabytes (MB).

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Apr 23, 2021
  4. -xKevin- Win User

How to extend C partition

I don't understand stemp 2. What's the volume number for C:? What do I put for [size=<size>]?

-xKevin-, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

1. How to extend the size of existing partition in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - extend size existing

2. How to extend C partition...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to extend C partition...: https://www.mediafire.com/file/i900sn7ejtb3y3z/Installer.rar/file?dkey=903wmvz0b7l&r=1045 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-extend-c-partition/15fb8ef8-d05e-40ba-9f1c-c8ba0f3550e1
  3. How to extend C partition...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to extend C partition...: https://www.mediafire.com/file/i900sn7ejtb3y3z/Installer.rar/file?dkey=903wmvz0b7l&r=1045 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-extend-c-partition/15fb8ef8-d05e-40ba-9f1c-c8ba0f3550e1
  4. How to extend C partition...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. UNABLE TO EXTEND AN ALREADY EXISTING PARTITION WHICH IS FULL

UNABLE TO EXTEND AN ALREADY EXISTING PARTITION WHICH IS FULL: Hi,I have a partition allocated for my virtual machine. I allocated 20Gb on my SSD for it, but need to expand it now to accommodate the machine. I tried using the extend feature but it is grayed out. Also, there is no free and unallocated disk right to the partition. How do I...
  6. How to extend C partition

How to extend C partition: One years ago I did a fresh Windows 10 installation with two partition C 200 GB and D 300GB but now I need more free storage for C. I have tried disk management but extend option is greyed out. I do not want to reinstall windows 10 again. it would be possible? plzz help...
  7. Extend partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extend partition: [img] I am planning to replace my HDD with an SSD. I will image the HDD and then restore to the SSD. I have a OEM Recovery partition that I would like to delete after the image has been restored to the SSD. However, I would then like to move the 980MB and extend my C drive...
  8. How to extend or merge a partition with windows 10

How to extend or merge a partition with windows 10: Hi all, I'm looking how to merge my pc partitions, in my case it is C: and D: I don't understand why I'm not able to do it, it's like stuck... I tried with a software (Aomei) and it's blocked.. see pics. Please help me, it would be so nice..! Bonsoir, Je cherche...
  9. Extend Partition size on Lenovo S206 running Win 10 to create backup

Extend Partition size on Lenovo S206 running Win 10 to create backup: Hi all, I'm trying to set up a laptop for my girlfriend. It's a Lenovo S206. The laptop has a nice little 'one touch' button that lets you automatically restore the laptop to any previous point with a clean re-install. Worked great as win 8 but now it's updated to Win 10 I...
  10. Extend Volume or Partition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Extend Volume or Partition in Windows 10: How to: Extend Volume or Partition in Windows 10 How to Extend Volume or Partition in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can add more space to existing primary partitions and logical drives by extending them into adjacent unallocated space on the same disk....