Windows 10: How to extract list of Running, Stopped and Disabled Services in Windows 10

Discus and support How to extract list of Running, Stopped and Disabled Services in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Windows has tons of Services running in the background, and while they are available in the Services Snap-in, if you want to extract the list... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 29, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to extract list of Running, Stopped and Disabled Services in Windows 10

WinClub, Jul 29, 2020

2. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jul 29, 2020
  3. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Dear ramesh,

I too agree with Farah in that the options to start, stop Windows Defender are not clickable. There should be a way to stop the WD

Azad Rahimtoola, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

services running none stop win 10

Hi William,

If you can't run service.msc, you can end running services using Task Manager. To know how, follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type task manager and select Task Manager on the list.
    • Click the More details drop-down arrow.
    • Select all the apps you want to stop on the list.
    • Click End task.

After doing so, try doing a scan again and see if issue will persist.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. How to extract list of Running, Stopped and Disabled Services in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - extract list Running

2. How to Enable, Disable, Start, Stop, or Restart Services in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable, Disable, Start, Stop, or Restart Services in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will be discussing the topic of how to Enable or Disable Services and how to Start, Stop, and Restart Services in Windows 11 or Windows 10 using PowerShell, Command Prompt, Task Manager and Net Command. Windows Services are applications that typically...
  3. How to disable Windows Insider Service on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Windows Insider Service on Windows 10: [ATTACH]All Windows 10 computers include the Windows Insider Service (wisvc) regardless of the participation […] This article How to disable Windows Insider Service on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. How to disable Server Service in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable Server Service in windows 10?: How to disable Server Service in windows 10? 167881
  5. Full list of Windows 10 services

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full list of Windows 10 services: Is there a full list of Windows 10 services explaining what exactly they do and how safe it is to disable each of them? submitted by /u/fernandodandrea [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j68hh5/full_list_of_windows_10_services/
  6. Unable to disable or stop Windows 10 update service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to disable or stop Windows 10 update service: I can no longer stop Windows 10 update service from the command prompt (net stop wuauserv) or from the Services.msc console. All options are grayed out. When I try it from the cmd prompt running as admin, I get "System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied.", even signed...
  7. Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Windows: How to: Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Windows How to Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Windows A service is an application type that runs in the system background without a user interface and is similar to a UNIX daemon process. Services...
  8. [Request] List of services that can be safely disabled

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [Request] List of services that can be safely disabled: Does anyone have a list with the services that can be disabled in W10? Without affecting functions like Wi-Fi or using wireless mouse, USB. 72113
  9. msconfig-- service running but disabled?

in Windows 10 Support
    msconfig-- service running but disabled?: My first new thread and pictures speak louder than words: [img] Windows Defender is shown both running AND disabled. I have no third-party security or firewall. I am unable to select this service here (msconfig)-(but rightly set as 'Automatic' in services.msc) nor am I...
  10. Start, Stop, and Disable Services in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Start, Stop, and Disable Services in Windows 10: How to: Start, Stop, and Disable Services in Windows 10 How to Start, Stop, Restart, Enable, and Disable Services in Windows 10 [img] Information A service is an application type that runs in the system background without a user interface and is similar to a UNIX...