Windows 10: How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...

Discus and support How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a laptop that has has a bios lock and I can't access the security tab to disable it for a windows service laptop. What can I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nadia Tiller, Apr 22, 2024.

1. How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...

I bought a laptop that has has a bios lock and I can't access the security tab to disable it for a windows service laptop. What can I do?

:)

Nadia Tiller, Apr 22, 2024
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Apr 22, 2024
  3. sn00ker Win User
    ASUS Laptop Factory Reset - Son forgot password

And how exactly are you locked out, are you saying he forgot his user name password login or the bios password?

sn00ker, Apr 22, 2024
  4. How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...

access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Apr 22, 2024
Thema:

How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...

1. How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access... - Similar Threads - factory reset service

2. How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...: I bought a laptop that has has a bios lock and I can't access the security tab to disable it for a windows service laptop. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-factory-reset-a-windows-service-laptop-if/1fff713a-c794-4833-bfbd-12e5ce35cf4e
  3. How to do a factory reset when can't plug in laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to do a factory reset when can't plug in laptop: Hello,I have a Windows 11 laptop that stopped charging, but I have about four or five hours of batter power left. I need to bring the laptop into the repair shop to find out why it won't charge, but I must remove all my files and do a factory restore beforehand, which it...
  4. How to do a factory reset when can't plug in laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to do a factory reset when can't plug in laptop: Hello,I have a Windows 11 laptop that stopped charging, but I have about four or five hours of batter power left. I need to bring the laptop into the repair shop to find out why it won't charge, but I must remove all my files and do a factory restore beforehand, which it...
  5. could you tell me how to factory reset my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    could you tell me how to factory reset my laptop?: I am currently using asus expertbook b1400 model.when i try to reset my laptop from the settings it just closes the settings and dosent reset.I also tried doing reset from advance setup but in the description it has reset pc written but when i click it it doesnt show neither...
  6. could you tell me how to factory reset my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    could you tell me how to factory reset my laptop?: I am currently using asus expertbook b1400 model.when i try to reset my laptop from the settings it just closes the settings and dosent reset.I also tried doing reset from advance setup but in the description it has reset pc written but when i click it it doesnt show neither...
  7. I can't factory reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't factory reset my laptop: I tried to do anything i found on here and on youtube, but it doesn't work. I have an acer laptop win10 and it just saves no changes were made whenever i try to reset...
  8. Can't Factory Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Factory Reset: I am trying to factory reset my HP Laptop 15. The reason is that the boot device is not found. Everytime I spam f11 to reset, it doesn't open and goes to the error screen. Is there another way to reset? My laptop doesn't open past the boot device not found error screen....
  9. Can't Factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Factory reset: It says could not find the recovery environment, ive tried cmd and reagentc /enable, and it says reimage not found, I,ve even re purchased windows, and it still wont reset please help. URGENT submitted by /u/ZoomerBBX [link] [comments]...
  10. Can't log into factory reset laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't log into factory reset laptop: I recently had to factory reset my laptop as it got stuck in an infinite loop, so I'm starting from fresh with none of my previous data. I'm trying to log back into my Microsoft account to use it as my user account on the laptop. I can log in fine, but then it asks me for...