Windows 10: How to factory reset my PC with Windows 10 when it’s asking for a DVD I don’t have

Discus and support How to factory reset my PC with Windows 10 when it’s asking for a DVD I don’t have in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I’m trying to reset a PC my friend gave me to its factory setting. When I try I keep getting ask for the windows 10 dvd which my friend doesn’t have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ValdezValdezWP, Jul 4, 2023.

1. How to factory reset my PC with Windows 10 when it’s asking for a DVD I don’t have

I’m trying to reset a PC my friend gave me to its factory setting. When I try I keep getting ask for the windows 10 dvd which my friend doesn’t have anymore. Is there a way to test my PC to factory setting without it?

:)

ValdezValdezWP, Jul 4, 2023

2. dvd player don`t work

Hi Harris,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

1. What happens when you play CD/DVD? Do you get any error message?

2. Are you referring to the Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Step 2:

I suggest you to uninstall the DVD/CD-ROM driver from the Device Manager and check.

Follow the steps to uninstall the driver.

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Search for
    DVD/CD-ROM driver and expand it.

3. Right click the device, and click
    Uninstall.

4. Restart the computer.

5. Right click your computer name in Device Manager and click
    Scan for hardware changes. Device manager scans your system and automatically reinstalls your device.

If the issue still persists then, I would recommend you to download and install the latest DVD/CD-ROM driver in compatibility mode from the manufacturer and check if it works.

Method 2:

If you are using the Microsoft Edge then, I suggest you to refer to the section:
    How can I clear and manage cookies in Microsoft Edge? from the following Microsoft article on
    Microsoft Edge and privacy: FAQ.

Microsoft Edge, browsing data, and privacy - Microsoft Support

If you are using the Internet Explorer then,
    I suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article to delete cookies, disable add-ons and reset Internet Explorer.

Internet Explorer help - Microsoft Support

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control
    settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 4, 2023
  3. Looping after factory reset

There is not much to do than again factory reset your computer.

Dell SupportAssist OS Recovery starts automatically if Windows will not startup. The recovery environment allows you to diagnose hardware issues, repair issues, back up files, and restore factory settings. You can start the recovery environment at any time.
    Verify the list of systems on which Dell SupportAssist OS Recovery is supported.

You should able to factory reset with Windows 10 Installation DVD. You can create Windows 10 installation DVD/USB with Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.

FreeBooter, Jul 4, 2023
  4. Paawan Win User

How to factory reset my PC with Windows 10 when it’s asking for a DVD I don’t have

Windows 10 activation problem after factory reset. Error 0xC004C003

How to factory reset my PC with Windows 10 when it’s asking for a DVD I don’t have 41023d1485957829t-windows-10-activation-problem-after-factory-reset-error-0xc004c003-untitled.png

See the windows is activated. And this is the screen which asks the product key. I can only skip this step if I boot from the dvd and select the clean install option.

"slmg /ato" returns Activating Windows core single language edition (a string of numbers and alphabets)
    Product activated successfully.

Paawan, Jul 4, 2023
Thema:

How to factory reset my PC with Windows 10 when it’s asking for a DVD I don’t have

1. How to factory reset my PC with Windows 10 when it’s asking for a DVD I don’t have - Similar Threads - factory reset it’s

2. How to factory reset pc, when pc isn’t booting, system restore doesnt work, and I don’t...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to factory reset pc, when pc isn’t booting, system restore doesnt work, and I don’t...: I’ve been using a USB to start up my computer for as long as I can remember and just now started having problems with it. I doesn’t boot up my computer anymore, and I only have the option to continue installing windows which doesn’t work and I get quite literally a new error...
  3. How to factory reset pc, when pc isn’t booting, system restore doesnt work, and I don’t...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to factory reset pc, when pc isn’t booting, system restore doesnt work, and I don’t...: I’ve been using a USB to start up my computer for as long as I can remember and just now started having problems with it. I doesn’t boot up my computer anymore, and I only have the option to continue installing windows which doesn’t work and I get quite literally a new error...
  4. How to factory reset pc, when pc isn’t booting, system restore doesnt work, and I don’t...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to factory reset my windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to factory reset my windows 10 pc: I am trying to factory reset my pc but nothing works, i cannot do it the normal way because it says “could not find the recovery environment” , i searched for the folder and found it however that file just has the little microsoft edge icon beside it and the file is named...
  6. I factory reset and now I don’t have a network adapter or driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I factory reset and now I don’t have a network adapter or driver?: I’ve spent a whole 24hrs trying to figure out this issue. I found my old computer that runs windows it’s a RCA W101SA23. I factory reset it and now an option for WiFi is non existent. I’ve tried pretty much everything and when I troubleshoot it says I have no network adapter...
  7. I factory reset and now I don’t have a network adapter or driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I factory reset and now I don’t have a network adapter or driver?: I’ve spent a whole 24hrs trying to figure out this issue. I found my old computer that runs windows it’s a RCA W101SA23. I factory reset it and now an option for WiFi is non existent. I’ve tried pretty much everything and when I troubleshoot it says I have no network adapter...
  8. I factory reset and now I don’t have a network adapter or driver?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. How to factory reset my PC with Windows 10 when it’s asking for a DVD I don’t have

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to factory reset my PC with Windows 10 when it’s asking for a DVD I don’t have: I’m trying to reset a PC my friend gave me to its factory setting. When I try I keep getting ask for the windows 10 dvd which my friend doesn’t have anymore. Is there a way to test my PC to factory setting without it?...
  10. Trying to factory reset pc but I don’t know when it’s done.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to factory reset pc but I don’t know when it’s done.: I’ve been trying to factory reset my pc but my monitor just goes black and says “input not supported” I don’t know when the reset is done submitted by /u/y3sp1s [link] [comments]...