Windows 10: How to factory reset without losing windows 10?

Discus and support How to factory reset without losing windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have factory reset once before with windows 10 and it let me keep windows 10 when I did it. But now I want to do it again but it is showing me a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CrimsonOwl, Dec 8, 2015.

1. How to factory reset without losing windows 10?

I have factory reset once before with windows 10 and it let me keep windows 10 when I did it. But now I want to do it again but it is showing me a notice that if i reset, I will go back to windows 7. Is there a way I can factory reset my pc while still keeping windows 10?

Also I have another question but I don't want to make another thread about it. In games such as cs go, why is my game freezing for no reason? About every 30 sec - 1 min, i freeze for about 5-10 seconds. Between the freezes, i get split second freezes. This is really annoying me. Anybody know how to fix? I am getting a constant 200 fps and 10 ping

:)

CrimsonOwl, Dec 8, 2015

2. How can I factory reset my laptop without losing my windows 10 upgrade?

Assuming you didn't create your own set of Win7 Recovery disks before you upgraded to Win10 and since you upgraded to Win10 about a year ago, chances are the hidden Recovery partition you'd use to do a "factory reset" is gone now.

You might wanna check out the Go back to your previous Windows version | If go back isn't available section on

this page
    though.

Note: You can always do a clean install of Win10.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Dec 8, 2015
  3. How can I factory reset my laptop without losing my windows 10 upgrade?

No, it did not.

walkerhaskins, Dec 8, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

How to factory reset without losing windows 10?

Hi, factory reset = have the PC restored to the state it was in when you bought it (as far as what's on the disk is concerned!).

If you bought it with Win 7, it will revert to Win 7, assuming you still have the relevant partition on your disk. Everything else on the disk will be lost. Repeat, everything.

You may wish to consider an in-place repair install which allows you to keep everything, and completely refreshes Windows.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

Alternatively, you can clean install Win 10, and it will automatically register since you have it installed already. That will only affect the partition on which you have Win 10 installed, but you will lose all programs installed and all settings you have configured, and you will lose all personal data on that partition.

Hope that helps.

dalchina, Dec 9, 2015
Thema:

How to factory reset without losing windows 10?

1. How to factory reset without losing windows 10? - Similar Threads - factory reset without

2. How to factory reset without password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to factory reset without password: I can't remember my computer password what so ever. Whenever I click "forgot password" I fill out all that information but then it says "something went wrong". I can't change the password or have access to any of the files. I have also tried pressing the shift button as it...
  3. How to factory reset without password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to factory reset without password: I can't remember my computer password what so ever. Whenever I click "forgot password" I fill out all that information but then it says "something went wrong". I can't change the password or have access to any of the files. I have also tried pressing the shift button as it...
  4. How to factory reset without password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. How to do a factory reset without password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to do a factory reset without password: I’m trying to get into a computer without knowing the password. I’m trying to do a factory reset but I can’t get into the recovery menu. I’ve tried pressing shift then restart but it doesn’t work, instead it just restarts my laptop. The laptop model is the LG Gram 2021....
  6. How to do a factory reset without password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to do a factory reset without password: I’m trying to get into a computer without knowing the password. I’m trying to do a factory reset but I can’t get into the recovery menu. I’ve tried pressing shift then restart but it doesn’t work, instead it just restarts my laptop. The laptop model is the LG Gram 2021....
  7. How to Factory Reset Windows 11 without Password

in Windows 10 News
    How to Factory Reset Windows 11 without Password: [ATTACH]For a variety of reasons, you may want to factory reset your Windows 11 computer. There are a few methods you can use to do this, but they all require that you are logged into your computer with your admin password. However, there are occasions when you could get...
  8. How to factory reset without password? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to factory reset without password? Windows 10: Hi people, I need some help. We work and sell windows computers. But after the latest update, some things changed due to the factory reset. We have some clients who return computers with an account and password on it. Before, we could hold SHIFT and click on restart to...
  9. Reset Windows 10 Without Losing Personal Files

Reset Windows 10 Without Losing Personal Files: Hello, Recently, I have some problems with Windows 10. For example: 1. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/162956/visual-studio-2019-can39t-run-ucrtbaseddll.html?childToView=162868#answer-162868 2....
  10. Reset windows 10 without losing data

Reset windows 10 without losing data: Can i reset windows 10 without losing personal data and apps?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-windows-10-without-losing-data/9f42eba2-29d3-4dd1-8aea-d11ab71794ed