Windows 10: How to fetch all shared folders on multiple machines in domain?

Discus and support How to fetch all shared folders on multiple machines in domain? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have scenario where I have to fetch shared folders created by users on their machine in domain.Please share the script to fetch the same in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Warriorhigh, Mar 11, 2019.

1. How to fetch all shared folders on multiple machines in domain?

Hi,

I have scenario where I have to fetch shared folders created by users on their machine in domain.Please share the script to fetch the same in single file

:)

Warriorhigh, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Frogger Win User

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile How to fetch all shared folders on multiple machines in domain? :)

Frogger, Mar 11, 2019
  3. cmilstead Win User
    Can't See Shared Win10 Machine/Seeker in workgroup but shows in domain

I have scoured the Networking and Sharing portion of this Win 10 Forum for an answer to my issue but have not found anything that works.

We have a peer to peer network, with one Win 10 machine (acting as server - which we call server) which shares several hard drives for everyone in the office to access. It has network discovery on, file and printer sharing on, turn off password protected sharing off. It has all the drives named and shared properly so everyone has full access. All the other Win 7, and Win 8 machines have complete access as designed. Another Win 10 machine has complete access as designed. All machines are part of the same workgroup Engineer. My machine is a Lenovo laptop which was upgraded from Win 8 to Win 10. When I try to access the Win 10 machine (which is acting as server), I get the Enter Network credentials pop-up asking for Username and Password which we do not use nor have ever set up on the Win 10 machine or any other. I know that there are several posts that have the Enter Network credentials popping up, but the difference is that their screenshot showed them as part of a workgroup. See the following:

How to fetch all shared folders on multiple machines in domain? [​IMG]

When I get the same pop-up on my Lenovo Laptop It looks like the following:

My System Properties information:

Notice that the example above which is part of the workgroup has no reference to a domain. My pop-up on the Laptop shows reference to a domain, and whats interesting is that the domain is the computer name of the laptop itself. There are no domains set up on any machine of our peer to peer network. I think what needs to be done is the Laptop needs to be convinced it is not part of a domain but part of a workgroup called Engineer, and that might be one step in solving the problem. I wouldn't doubt that after solving that issue that a lot of the others listed in other threads will rear their ugly heads afterwords, but who knows, knowing how to resolve that might solve all my problems. Any ideas community?

Thanks in advance for your help.

cmilstead, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

How to fetch all shared folders on multiple machines in domain?

Map Windows 7 Shared Folder to Win 95

Okay .. I figured it all out.

Configuring Windows 95 so it can map Windows 7 shared folders.

You need to update Windows 95 so that it can utilitze NTLMv2 network protocols (and use 128 bit encryption for authentification).
    Nothing needs to be done on the Windows 7 machine other than sharing a drive or folder.

On the Windows 95 Machine you will need a local account with the same name and password as on the Win7 machine or in the domain.
    The Windows 95 computer does not have to be a member computer in the domain (ie. does not need domain authentification)

1) Install the Distributed File System client for Windows 95 (dfs41w95.exe)
    2) Install WinSock 2.0 (w95ws2setup.exe)
    3) Install Microsoft Dial-Up Network 1.3 (MSDUN13.exe)
    (I wasn't sure what msdun13 does to the TCP/IP stack so I reinstalled winsock2.0 again)
    4) Install Internet Explorer 4.01 SP2 / 32 bit (ie40sp2.exe ... you need this or step #6 will termintate without installing)
    5) Install Microsoft Installer 2.0 (InstMsiA.exe .. you need this so Windows 95 knows what to do with the .msi file in the next step)
    6) Install Distributed Services Client for Windows 9x (dsclient9x.msi)
    7) Go into the registry editor (regedit) and go to ...
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control
    Create a Key named Lsa
    Create a DWORD in Lsa named LMCompatilbility with a hex value of "3".
    8) Reboot once more.

Mapping a network drive on a Windows 7 machine should now work.

Kreij, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

How to fetch all shared folders on multiple machines in domain?

1. How to fetch all shared folders on multiple machines in domain? - Similar Threads - fetch shared folders

2. How to fetch all the databricks resources from multiple subscriptions including sku from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fetch all the databricks resources from multiple subscriptions including sku from...: I want to get all the azure databricks resources spanning in and around multiple subscriptions through a powershell script https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fetch-all-the-databricks-resources-from/acb083d3-90c2-4203-993a-3e2700315f70
  3. How to fetch all the databricks resources from multiple subscriptions including sku from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fetch all the databricks resources from multiple subscriptions including sku from...: I want to get all the azure databricks resources spanning in and around multiple subscriptions through a powershell script https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fetch-all-the-databricks-resources-from/acb083d3-90c2-4203-993a-3e2700315f70
  4. How to get Hardware ID for Autopilot rollout for all machines on the domain

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to get Hardware ID for Autopilot rollout for all machines on the domain: We are in the process of moving devices to Intune and we want to get each individual users device HWID. Is there a script that can be run to get all the devices Hardware ID. I see there are scripts for getting one, is there a script to get for all Windows 10 machines above...
  5. How to get Hardware ID for Autopilot rollout for all machines on the domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Hardware ID for Autopilot rollout for all machines on the domain: We are in the process of moving devices to Intune and we want to get each individual users device HWID. Is there a script that can be run to get all the devices Hardware ID. I see there are scripts for getting one, is there a script to get for all Windows 10 machines above...
  6. How to get Hardware ID for Autopilot rollout for all machines on the domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Is there a way to share the contents of multiple folders all under one network share?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to share the contents of multiple folders all under one network share?: My setup: .. E:\Folder1 .......\SubFolderE1 .......\SubFolderE2 .......\SubFolderE3 .. F:\Folder2 .......\SubFolderF1 .......\SubFolderF2 .......\SubFolderF3 I would like to create a network share that looks like this: .. Z:\SharedFolder .......\SubFolderE1...
  8. How to share a drive/folder from another domain with cmd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to share a drive/folder from another domain with cmd: Hello! Do you know how to share a disk/folder with the net share command from CMD?I tried the net share test = \\WIN-DC01\C:\test /grant: everyone,full but it doesn't work. test is folder from another PC WIN-DC01 is Computer Name Domain is mydomain.com I really didn't include...
  9. Errors accessing Shared Folders on a Domain

Errors accessing Shared Folders on a Domain: Well, This is an interesting one. A few of my computers, since updating to 20h2, have been having this issue. It is random in the length of time between switches. Sometimes a reboot sometimes a lock/log-in sometimes with none of that. Here is the issue: Browsing to a few...
  10. Sharing Folders – Multiple Questions

Sharing Folders – Multiple Questions: Sharing my Desktop files and accessing it on my Laptop (Both Win10) at home and have few questions: 1] Help me set permission in such a way that only my devices can access it. More info below: I have turned permissions to everyone, initially while setting-up for the...