Windows 10: How to figure out exact reason why Windows 10 rebooted

Discus and support How to figure out exact reason why Windows 10 rebooted in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, While I was working on my laptop, Windows 10 went into a hung state and rebooted shortly afterwards. Here was no error message or crash on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rinjo, Mar 6, 2018.

1. rinjo Win User

How to figure out exact reason why Windows 10 rebooted

Hi,

While I was working on my laptop, Windows 10 went into a hung state and rebooted shortly afterwards.
    Here was no error message or crash on the desktop. I checked the Windows Event log, but did not find anything that suggests the reason of the sudden reboot without intimation.

The event logs contains the following events around the time of reboot.

How to figure out exact reason why Windows 10 rebooted [​IMG]

The highlighted 'Information' message is below...
    "The process C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE (XXXXXX) has initiated the power off of computer XXXXXX on behalf of user XXXXXX\XX for the following reason: Other (Unplanned)"
    Reason Code: 0x0Shutdown Type: power off

This is followed by a large number of similar error messages. Ex below.

"The server {XXX-XXXX-XXXX} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout."

Can anyone please explain what really triggered this reboot? Why was I not intimated about the reboot by Windows?

regards,

:)

rinjo, Mar 6, 2018
  2. MikeB1888 Win User

windows 10 freeze after login

Exact same hardware, exact same issue, did a clean install of windows 10, worked fine until i rebooted the computer then it started freezing immediately. Everything points to drivers, I'll let you know if i figure it out.

MikeB1888, Mar 6, 2018
  3. NO SOUND SINCE WINDOWS 10 UPDATE

Figured it out. For some reason my audio output device was changed. Now if I could figure out why I cant play you tube videos and I will be fully functional. Stopped working with the Windows 10 update

JasonThurber, Mar 6, 2018
Thema:

How to figure out exact reason why Windows 10 rebooted

1. How to figure out exact reason why Windows 10 rebooted - Similar Threads - figure exact reason

2. Can't figure out how to install Teredo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't figure out how to install Teredo: So I bought state of decay 2 to play with my buddies. I cannot join or host games though. I get the error 1006. I have tried to get Teredo to work through the command prompt and through the device manager where you use legacy hardware. When I attempted to alter the program...
  3. Computer keeps bluescreening and I can't figure out why?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps bluescreening and I can't figure out why?: Hi, I recently built a new PC and installed Windows 10. Ever since my installation I have been having random BSOD errors and I can't figure out what is going wrong. The error message I get is "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION", but all of my drivers are up to date, and running...
  4. How to figure out what firmware was installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to figure out what firmware was installed: Good morning, My SurfaceGo just installed some new firmware. I checked the UpdateHistory but could not find anything. Any suggestions on how to figure out what firmware was installed ? Thanks Lee 127740
  5. How to figure out what firmware was installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to figure out what firmware was installed: Good morning, My SurfaceGo just installed some new firmware. I checked the UpdateHistory but could not find anything. Any suggestions on how to figure out what firmware was installed ? Thanks Lee 127740
  6. How to figure out the best gaming resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to figure out the best gaming resolution: I recently got my Surface Book 2 and my resolution is set to 3240 x 2160 and scaling is at 225%. I have seen different suggestions online, the most common seems to be 1920x1080, and I'm wondering how these are worked out? I'm just a very casual gamer, but would still like...
  7. Cant figure out how to get this game to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant figure out how to get this game to work: I bought Amazon Trail. I was told that it would work on Windows 10, it is a Windows 95 disc. It doesn't work. When I try to play it, it says is incpmatibity with 64-bit versions of Windows. I am not sure if there is a way to get it to work. Please let me know if you can....
  8. Black-sod. Need help figuring out why.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black-sod. Need help figuring out why.: I have no idea what it was, is. But after screen turns black, sounds keep playing for about a min or so before it shuts down the pc. Windows10 x64. 4670k, 16gb, gtx970. 54035
  9. So has anyone figured out why Windows 10 store is slow on downloading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    So has anyone figured out why Windows 10 store is slow on downloading: The Microsoft Store appears to have a download limit applied to it. While I was downloading a 104GB Gears of War game from the store, Microsoft was throttling my connection to less than half of what I get through my ISP. Hi there I think the Ms server for the store is an...
  10. can t figure it out

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    can t figure it out: how do i hook my acer aspire Z-3-600 with windows 10 to my tv with hdmi hook up i did the duplicate screens and change the resalution but i can t get nothing on my tv thanks 38790