Windows 10: How to figure out exact reason why Windows 10 rebooted

Discus and support How to figure out exact reason why Windows 10 rebooted in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, While I was working on my laptop, Windows 10 went into a hung state and rebooted shortly afterwards. Here was no error message or crash on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rinjo, Mar 6, 2018.

1. rinjo Win User

How to figure out exact reason why Windows 10 rebooted

Hi,

While I was working on my laptop, Windows 10 went into a hung state and rebooted shortly afterwards.
    Here was no error message or crash on the desktop. I checked the Windows Event log, but did not find anything that suggests the reason of the sudden reboot without intimation.

The event logs contains the following events around the time of reboot.

How to figure out exact reason why Windows 10 rebooted [​IMG]

The highlighted 'Information' message is below...
    "The process C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE (XXXXXX) has initiated the power off of computer XXXXXX on behalf of user XXXXXX\XX for the following reason: Other (Unplanned)"
    Reason Code: 0x0Shutdown Type: power off

This is followed by a large number of similar error messages. Ex below.

"The server {XXX-XXXX-XXXX} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout."

Can anyone please explain what really triggered this reboot? Why was I not intimated about the reboot by Windows?

regards,

:)

rinjo, Mar 6, 2018
  2. MikeB1888 Win User

windows 10 freeze after login

Exact same hardware, exact same issue, did a clean install of windows 10, worked fine until i rebooted the computer then it started freezing immediately. Everything points to drivers, I'll let you know if i figure it out.

MikeB1888, Mar 6, 2018
  3. NO SOUND SINCE WINDOWS 10 UPDATE

Figured it out. For some reason my audio output device was changed. Now if I could figure out why I cant play you tube videos and I will be fully functional. Stopped working with the Windows 10 update

JasonThurber, Mar 6, 2018
Thema:

How to figure out exact reason why Windows 10 rebooted

1. How to figure out exact reason why Windows 10 rebooted - Similar Threads - figure exact reason

2. why can't i figure this out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't i figure this out?: i bought a copy of windows 11 from Microsoft's website, but when i installed it it just gave me a better version of windows 10. i can't figure it out thru the updates section either. what am i missing or forgetting?...
  3. why can't i figure this out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can't i figure this out?: i bought a copy of windows 11 from Microsoft's website, but when i installed it it just gave me a better version of windows 10. i can't figure it out thru the updates section either. what am i missing or forgetting?...
  4. I need help figuring out reason of bugcheck/bluescreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help figuring out reason of bugcheck/bluescreen: I've been getting blue screens for several months now and I'm tired of it!! lol I did some research but can't figure out where to even begin. I checked my event viewer and I see an event that says: "The AMDRyzenMasterDriverV17 service failed to start due to the following...
  5. I need help figuring out reason of bugcheck/bluescreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help figuring out reason of bugcheck/bluescreen: I've been getting blue screens for several months now and I'm tired of it!! lol I did some research but can't figure out where to even begin. I checked my event viewer and I see an event that says: "The AMDRyzenMasterDriverV17 service failed to start due to the following...
  6. I need help figuring out reason of bugcheck/bluescreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Can't figure out exact cause of hardware failures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't figure out exact cause of hardware failures: After an automated update on my graphics driver from windows I began experiencing hardware failures Kernal code 141. I went through the usual of uninstalling and re-installing drivers even going as far as using DDU and AMD utility cleaner to no avail. I swapped memory cards...
  8. Need help figuring out the exact cause behind this BSOD

Need help figuring out the exact cause behind this BSOD: My windows 10 Home x64 version sometimes just doesn't resume from hibernation and ends up shutting down instead. So I've to restart the system. Its a brand new setup just a couple of weeks old. The error shown in event viewer is: 011221-6734-01.dmp 12-01-2021 20:27:45...
  9. Need help figuring out why my computer keeps rebooting

Need help figuring out why my computer keeps rebooting: Support has been of zero assistance. My computer is rebooting multiple times a day. Here is a memory dump. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me what it says is causing it: Link to Memory Dump Remove the .txt extension to access the dump. I have run all...
  10. Memory_management and other bsod, cant figure out reason

Memory_management and other bsod, cant figure out reason: Hello, i need help from tech-savvy people. Just finished my first rig on a budget, but i keep getting BSOD at least once a day, usually when i log in i get MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD recently while using it the pc felt sluggish and it crashed with an "System_Thread_Excepcion"...