Windows 10: How to figure out the best gaming resolution

Discus and support How to figure out the best gaming resolution in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently got my Surface Book 2 and my resolution is set to 3240 x 2160 and scaling is at 225%. I have seen different suggestions online, the most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by g41851, Dec 16, 2018.

1. g41851 Win User

How to figure out the best gaming resolution

I recently got my Surface Book 2 and my resolution is set to 3240 x 2160 and scaling is at 225%.

I have seen different suggestions online, the most common seems to be 1920x1080, and I'm wondering how these are worked out?

I'm just a very casual gamer, but would still like to get the best quality picture.

:)

g41851, Dec 16, 2018

2. Issue with Gaming resolution in Lumia 535.

Hi Balavarisrikanth,

• What is the exact issue are you facing games? Is it a online game or playing through any app?
    • Is this issue specific to any game?
    • Do you get any error message while trying to play?
    If you are facing this issue with store games, I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the below article and check if this helps.

Lumia troubleshooting and repair

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10280/lumia-troubleshooting-and-repair

Note: From the above link navigate to Other problem
    > Problem not listed in the troubleshooting tool and try the steps.

Kindly let us know the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 16, 2018
  3. full screen problem in gaming

Hello Ganesh,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues with the display in Windows 10. We'll certainly assist you with this.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue particular to that game or other games also?
    This issue could occur if the your playing a game at a different resolution than the desktop resolution.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 16, 2018
  4. How to figure out the best gaming resolution

Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

How to figure out the best gaming resolution

1. How to figure out the best gaming resolution - Similar Threads - figure best gaming

2. How to figure out "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to figure out "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" error?: Hello.Recently, I sometimes encountered an issue - "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" in my computer.I installed Windows 10 and I uploaded a minidump zip with the below link.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gWu-LRW6W8iA6Vuh3TgyGwvdooef9oyI/view?usp=sharing...
  3. How to figure out "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to figure out "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" error?: Hello.Recently, I sometimes encountered an issue - "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" in my computer.I installed Windows 10 and I uploaded a minidump zip with the below link.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gWu-LRW6W8iA6Vuh3TgyGwvdooef9oyI/view?usp=sharing...
  4. How to figure out "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" error?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cant figure out how to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant figure out how to sign in: I cant sign in to PC anymore. I got this PC for years now and this is the first time happened. I dont know what changes in the past days since im not the one who used the PC but, when I got it back I was able to sign in once and now I dont know my sign in page is missing. I...
  6. Cant figure out how to sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant figure out how to sign in: I cant sign in to PC anymore. I got this PC for years now and this is the first time happened. I dont know what changes in the past days since im not the one who used the PC but, when I got it back I was able to sign in once and now I dont know my sign in page is missing. I...
  7. Cant figure out how to sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. i figure out how to fix this

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i figure out how to fix this: 021-03-22 15:40:46, Info CSI 00000398 Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\Program Files x86\ is owned twice or has its security set twice Original owner: Microsoft-Windows-shell32, version 10.0.19041.844, arch Host= amd64 Guest= x86, nonSxS, pkt {l:8...
  9. Still trying to figure out how to improve my desktop resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Still trying to figure out how to improve my desktop resolution: As my title indicates I'm trying to figure out how to set the resolution In Windows 10 so that I can see my desktop better. When I go to settings> System> Display and choose a different resolution my desktop is not feeling all of my monitor as you can see in the picture. I'm...
  10. Cant figure out how to get this game to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant figure out how to get this game to work: I bought Amazon Trail. I was told that it would work on Windows 10, it is a Windows 95 disc. It doesn't work. When I try to play it, it says is incpmatibity with 64-bit versions of Windows. I am not sure if there is a way to get it to work. Please let me know if you can....