Windows 10: How to find a File name?

Discus and support How to find a File name? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I transferred a photo CD from CVS to my computer so that I could Email them to someone, I prepare the email I go to file Explorer click on what I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Diane Roussel, Mar 17, 2020.

1. How to find a File name?

I transferred a photo CD from CVS to my computer so that I could Email them to someone, I prepare the email

I go to file Explorer click on what I want to send, hit open then the box to the left of the open key asks for the file name, what and where can I find the "File name"?

:)

Diane Roussel, Mar 17, 2020
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Mar 17, 2020
  3. red268 Win User
    Gathering Names Of Multiple Files

Is it possible to get the names of multiple files and paste them in to Notepad or Word or something?

Not sure how clear that is - I've got a folder with lots and lots of films from holidays etc. I've spent ages renaming them all to something meaningful (Other than Mov0001, Mov0002 etc etc)
    Unfortunatly, at the time, I didn't think to copy and paste the names in to a file as I did each one. But now people want to know what things I've got - so I want a list of all the names without having to type each one out seperately.

Any ideas?

Thanks

red268, Mar 17, 2020
  4. How to find a File name?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

How to find a File name?

1. How to find a File name? - Similar Threads - find File name

2. How to find files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find files: I just recently purchased a new pc after my old one started going bad13 years old. Before getting the new computer set up I transferred my files that I had in file explorer to onedrive. But looking at onedrive on the new pc I do not see my files. HELP! These are very...
  3. Find files with names with spaces

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Find files with names with spaces: I have created duplicate files by accident in my music library, for example, I will have01 You Got It.m4a and 01 You Got It 2.m4aI, therefore, want to search all files that end on _2.m4a where my underscore represents a space for explanation.However, when I search on "*...
  4. How to find out long name files and folders in W10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to find out long name files and folders in W10?: everytime I try to copy a big folder it gives me an error for hundreds of files that have names too long, so I need to find out which of my files in my HD have long names or paths. At first I thought this should be incredibly straightforward and easy, but this is windows and...
  5. Finding files with obscure names

in Windows 10 Support
    Finding files with obscure names: Files may appear in Windows Explorer with names that give no clue as to their nature or purpose. The names may be important to allow programs that depend on them to find them, or there may be other reasons why they should not be changed. What is the best way to add metadata...
  6. how to find the file name for a DVD

how to find the file name for a DVD: I loaded a DVD into my desktop PC and I don't know how to find that file. Where should I look for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-the-file-name-for-a-dvd/a92d4269-50c9-4952-955e-1b1395ef6fe6"
  7. Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder: Two odd things are happen to my files: 1. Changing only the file name in explorer changes the folder name 2. I cannot locate the directory (possibly a library) Here's what is happening in explorer: I search for the text OLD, the results come up: file=IMG_3654.JPG folder...
  8. Find Files With Different File Names But Same Content

in Windows 10 Support
    Find Files With Different File Names But Same Content: Hi. In Windows 10, is it possible to find documents with the same content but different filenames? 121161
  9. how to find a saved document from notepad. file name unkown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to find a saved document from notepad. file name unkown: help to find document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_books/how-to-find-a-saved-document-from-notepad-file/e3af08d5-9f76-4a32-b3d1-409932be885e
  10. How to find PC's previous name?

How to find PC's previous name?: I just did a Windows 10 reset. It is my main machine and other wireless network machines print through it. Now I cannot print from the remote machines, I'm assuming because the reset machine now has a new name. Where on my remote machines might I find a network path...