Windows 10: How to find a file with a specific row of numbers?

Discus and support How to find a file with a specific row of numbers? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Suppose I've a folder. In that folder, there is a file whose the name is "thing291018". I want to find that file but I only remember that the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shenmue is life, Dec 6, 2018.

1. How to find a file with a specific row of numbers?

Suppose I've a folder. In that folder, there is a file whose the name is "thing291018".

I want to find that file but I only remember that the file contains 1018 in its name. So I'm typing 1018 in the search box of the folder.

Problem is Windows 10 finds nothing. The only way to find my file is to typing the full row of numbers.

:)

Shenmue is life, Dec 6, 2018

2. the top row is not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better understand your query, please reply:

1. What do you mean by "top row not working" not working? Are you referring to keyboard top row keys?

I would suggest you to go to the safe mode and see if the problem persists.

To go to Safe mode follow the steps below:

• Click on Windows key, and in the Power Options click on Restart while pressing the shift key.

• A blue screen will appear with a few options.

Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Settings > Startup Settings > Restart.

• Your system will automatically restart, press 4 or F4 key to go to the Safe Mode.
    Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Dec 6, 2018
  3. M3cael Win User
    Only write one number to log file and delete old ones?

Hey,

I'm trying to have some software read from a .text file a number (GPU Temp) but the software will only the first number in a list (Or the first anything)

Is there a way to have to log file delete the previous entries and write the new number in it's place without any headers?

EDIT:

Sorry I'll try again.

I have some webcam software that can read a number (or whatever) from a text file and then it displays the number as an overlay.

See here: http://10.244.193.13:8081/

I was trying to use GPU-z to do this but as it logs as a list the webcam software can't update properly (also it reads the headings of the file and displays them instead)

Is there anyway to alter the logging to only output just the number (GPU Temp) and to delete the old numbers so the new value is the only value in the file.

M3cael, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Ashraf Win User

How to find a file with a specific row of numbers?

Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Hi,

My bios is not listed.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Ashraf, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

How to find a file with a specific row of numbers?

1. How to find a file with a specific row of numbers? - Similar Threads - find file specific

2. Number Keys Issue (top row) and Power Toys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Number Keys Issue (top row) and Power Toys: Over the past 4 to 6 months there have been a handful of times where the top row of number keys on my keyboard stopped working early in the day, like within the first hour. At first I thought it was my keyboard, but swapping it out didn't fix it, a reboot did though. This...
  3. how to number files sequentially in file explore ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to number files sequentially in file explore ?: how to number files sequentially in file explore ? I open my flash drive with 700 songs in it. How do I number the songs in sequence in file explorer ?...
  4. How to find specific phrase in search of all files in Documents folder

How to find specific phrase in search of all files in Documents folder: This used to work. By "used to," I mean it worked a couple of weeks ago. Now, when I'm in Windows and I click on the Documents folder and type something in the search box, using quotes, I no longer get a list of the documents containing the search terms but instead get a list...
  5. How to link a specific icon to a specific File type?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to link a specific icon to a specific File type?: What tools can be used for this purpose? (FileTypesMan, etc.) Currently there is one icon for the various File types associated with the app. Icons have been customized for each distinct file type for the app. (10 custom icons for each File Type) How to link the new icons...
  6. find folders that do not conatin a specific file

find folders that do not conatin a specific file: Hi. I need to search about 3,500 folders and find only those folders that do not contain a specific file. In this case, the file is a copyright notice. I need to find only those folders that do not already include the copyright notice file. Thanks!...
  7. Looking for a specific KB file number

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Looking for a specific KB file number: I need the KB file number for "Feature Update to Windows 10 version 1803 x64 2019-09B". My computer has having issues trying to download and install this update. Its currently installing and it's at 86%. But from the time of downloading to now it's been about 10hrs. It took...
  8. How to change name of multiple files by a specific set of numbers

How to change name of multiple files by a specific set of numbers: I am sorry if the title doesn't reflect what I am gonna be asking next: So, I have all these music by TWO artists, I want it on an USB stick, but, I don't really want to have anything to do with the device I am using it on, so I would like to have it like: ONE song from...
  9. Windows 10 search fails to find specific file

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search fails to find specific file: I have Windows 10 Enterprise. I am trying to find a specific file by searching either in Start menu, or by directly searching in the folder where the file itself is located. While all other files with the searched characters are retrieved, that one file is not. I tried...
  10. How Can I Find The Number Of Files On C Drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Can I Find The Number Of Files On C Drive?: I need to know the number of files, all of them, on C:\ (not the amount of used space). *Tongue 102438