Windows 10: How to find a file with a specific row of numbers?

Discus and support How to find a file with a specific row of numbers? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Suppose I've a folder. In that folder, there is a file whose the name is "thing291018". I want to find that file but I only remember that the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shenmue is life, Dec 6, 2018.

1. How to find a file with a specific row of numbers?

Suppose I've a folder. In that folder, there is a file whose the name is "thing291018".

I want to find that file but I only remember that the file contains 1018 in its name. So I'm typing 1018 in the search box of the folder.

Problem is Windows 10 finds nothing. The only way to find my file is to typing the full row of numbers.

:)

Shenmue is life, Dec 6, 2018

2. the top row is not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better understand your query, please reply:

1. What do you mean by "top row not working" not working? Are you referring to keyboard top row keys?

I would suggest you to go to the safe mode and see if the problem persists.

To go to Safe mode follow the steps below:

• Click on Windows key, and in the Power Options click on Restart while pressing the shift key.

• A blue screen will appear with a few options.

Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Settings > Startup Settings > Restart.

• Your system will automatically restart, press 4 or F4 key to go to the Safe Mode.
    Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Dec 6, 2018
  3. M3cael Win User
    Only write one number to log file and delete old ones?

Hey,

I'm trying to have some software read from a .text file a number (GPU Temp) but the software will only the first number in a list (Or the first anything)

Is there a way to have to log file delete the previous entries and write the new number in it's place without any headers?

EDIT:

Sorry I'll try again.

I have some webcam software that can read a number (or whatever) from a text file and then it displays the number as an overlay.

See here: http://10.244.193.13:8081/

I was trying to use GPU-z to do this but as it logs as a list the webcam software can't update properly (also it reads the headings of the file and displays them instead)

Is there anyway to alter the logging to only output just the number (GPU Temp) and to delete the old numbers so the new value is the only value in the file.

M3cael, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Ashraf Win User

How to find a file with a specific row of numbers?

Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Hi,

My bios is not listed.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Ashraf, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

How to find a file with a specific row of numbers?

1. How to find a file with a specific row of numbers? - Similar Threads - find file specific

2. Windows 10 search fails to find specific file

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search fails to find specific file: I have Windows 10 Enterprise. I am trying to find a specific file by searching either in Start menu, or by directly searching in the folder where the file itself is located. While all other files with the searched characters are retrieved, that one file is not. I tried...
  3. How to add specific folders to "Backup - File History"?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to add specific folders to "Backup - File History"?: I can't backup any specific folders in my Documents folder unless the Documents folder itself is backed up. Otherwise trying to add them does nothing. Adding the Documents folder to the backup list causes my other folders to appear on the list. Why is this? Am I expected to...
  4. Storage Spaces Pool - How to find enumerated drive number?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces Pool - How to find enumerated drive number?: Hi All, When creating a Storage Spaces Pool, the member drives are no longer listed in Disk Management. My system has been hanging every so often and when I checked the Windows logs, I see a lot of critical error messages about Harddisk/DR10 having a bad block. Since...
  5. How do I find the order number for my VPN license?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I find the order number for my VPN license?: I'm having some issues with my antivirus software. Support sent the following request: Could you send me an order number for your VPN license, please? I will check it onto our reference machine. I looked at ipconfig and the router user guide but don't know how to find...
  6. How To Find And Delete Unnecessary Files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How To Find And Delete Unnecessary Files?: Hi all, I want to find and delete files that are taking up space. I mainly want to find large files that I'm unaware of. I've already run the Windows 10 app "Disk Clean Up" and it deleted about 2GB worth of files. Any help would be great! 67680
  7. Going to reinstall, how do I find my activation number

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Going to reinstall, how do I find my activation number: I'm going to take my laptop and make it our spare. Before I do that I want to wipe it and do a fresh install for several reasons. I know I'll need my activation key in order to reactivate windows, but I upgraded this pc from W8.1 to W10 and have no idea what I've done with...
  8. Find Windows 10 Version Number

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find Windows 10 Version Number: Then there's also winver in start menu or even file explorer(as with most system32 commands: You type: [img] Windows reads it so [img] 32961
  9. Find Serial Number of Windows PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find Serial Number of Windows PC: Hi , very usefull we have a typo win32bios -> win32_bios Q : if is a no name desktop [assembled by me] the serial provided is from what ? c 78926
  10. How Can I Find The Number Of Files On C Drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Can I Find The Number Of Files On C Drive?: I need to know the number of files, all of them, on C:\ (not the amount of used space). *Tongue 102438