Windows 10: How to find a file with a specific row of numbers?

Discus and support How to find a file with a specific row of numbers? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Suppose I've a folder. In that folder, there is a file whose the name is "thing291018". I want to find that file but I only remember that the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shenmue is life, Dec 6, 2018.

1. How to find a file with a specific row of numbers?

Suppose I've a folder. In that folder, there is a file whose the name is "thing291018".

I want to find that file but I only remember that the file contains 1018 in its name. So I'm typing 1018 in the search box of the folder.

Problem is Windows 10 finds nothing. The only way to find my file is to typing the full row of numbers.

:)

Shenmue is life, Dec 6, 2018

2. the top row is not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better understand your query, please reply:

1. What do you mean by "top row not working" not working? Are you referring to keyboard top row keys?

I would suggest you to go to the safe mode and see if the problem persists.

To go to Safe mode follow the steps below:

• Click on Windows key, and in the Power Options click on Restart while pressing the shift key.

• A blue screen will appear with a few options.

Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Settings > Startup Settings > Restart.

• Your system will automatically restart, press 4 or F4 key to go to the Safe Mode.
    Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Dec 6, 2018
  3. M3cael Win User
    Only write one number to log file and delete old ones?

Hey,

I'm trying to have some software read from a .text file a number (GPU Temp) but the software will only the first number in a list (Or the first anything)

Is there a way to have to log file delete the previous entries and write the new number in it's place without any headers?

EDIT:

Sorry I'll try again.

I have some webcam software that can read a number (or whatever) from a text file and then it displays the number as an overlay.

See here: http://10.244.193.13:8081/

I was trying to use GPU-z to do this but as it logs as a list the webcam software can't update properly (also it reads the headings of the file and displays them instead)

Is there anyway to alter the logging to only output just the number (GPU Temp) and to delete the old numbers so the new value is the only value in the file.

M3cael, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Ashraf Win User

How to find a file with a specific row of numbers?

Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Hi,

My bios is not listed.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Ashraf, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

How to find a file with a specific row of numbers?

1. How to find a file with a specific row of numbers? - Similar Threads - find file specific

2. How to find a file in a specific date range...?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to find a file in a specific date range...?: It's only been 8+ years since MS screwed this, formerly very easy option, up.Now, almost a decade later, they STILL won't admit they made a mistake by REMOVING useful functionality and replacing it with a CONVOLUTED, CONFUSING, MEMORIZATION REQUIRED process.Plus, you can't...
  3. How to find a file in a specific date range...?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find a file in a specific date range...?: It's only been 8+ years since MS screwed this, formerly very easy option, up.Now, almost a decade later, they STILL won't admit they made a mistake by REMOVING useful functionality and replacing it with a CONVOLUTED, CONFUSING, MEMORIZATION REQUIRED process.Plus, you can't...
  4. How to find a file in a specific date range...?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys: All of the number keys on my keyboard, other than the numpad, which still works fine for some reason, won't work except numbers 5 and 6. This is also the same with the symbols for each key, only the symbols corresponding to 5 and 6 work. I don't really understand why this...
  6. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys: All of the number keys on my keyboard, other than the numpad, which still works fine for some reason, won't work except numbers 5 and 6. This is also the same with the symbols for each key, only the symbols corresponding to 5 and 6 work. I don't really understand why this...
  7. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Looking for a specific KB file number

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Looking for a specific KB file number: I need the KB file number for "Feature Update to Windows 10 version 1803 x64 2019-09B". My computer has having issues trying to download and install this update. Its currently installing and it's at 86%. But from the time of downloading to now it's been about 10hrs. It took...
  9. How to change name of multiple files by a specific set of numbers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change name of multiple files by a specific set of numbers: I am sorry if the title doesn't reflect what I am gonna be asking next: So, I have all these music by TWO artists, I want it on an USB stick, but, I don't really want to have anything to do with the device I am using it on, so I would like to have it like: ONE song from...
  10. How Can I Find The Number Of Files On C Drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Can I Find The Number Of Files On C Drive?: I need to know the number of files, all of them, on C:\ (not the amount of used space). *Tongue 102438