Windows 10: How to find a printer in Win10?

Discus and support How to find a printer in Win10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi How do I find and add a printer in Win10. I know it sounds pretty straight forward, but we have over 1000 printers on the network, so clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Peter Rehling, Feb 15, 2021.

1. How to find a printer in Win10?

Hi

How do I find and add a printer in Win10. I know it sounds pretty straight forward, but we have over 1000 printers on the network, so clicking "Add Printer" returns a fairly long list. It would be nice if I could search by location or just by name to find what I'm looking for.

/Peter

:)

Peter Rehling, Feb 15, 2021
  2. JohnD Win User

Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

!'m not sure how I did it but all seems well now. It was something like Deacon suggested plus a re-boot or two. It's now listed as a printer, not as unspecified.

How to find a printer in Win10? [​IMG]

Update the list still doesn't work.

Thanks for your support.

PS MS's Update catalogue is very useful. E.g. Microsoft Update Catalog

JohnD, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Add printer error 0x0000000d on Win10

I see that there are a lot of incidents of this error in the community forums, but none on a Win10 computer. Looking through the older responses, none seem to work on a Win10. I'm using a Surface Pro 1 running up-to-date Win10, trying to connect wirelessly
    to an HP networked printer at work. I've been able to connect to this printer in the past, but just today when I went to the office and tried to print, I got an error message and found that I couldn't connect to the printer. I removed the printer from my Devices
    and Printers and tried reconnecting, but I finally get the error 0x0000000d.

I am on a BYOD program, so my IT can not fix this problem on my computer.

The steps that my IT has suggested for connecting to the printer, and which worked in the past:

1. Navigate to "Add a printer"

2. Click "The printer that I want isn't listed"

3. Select a shared printer by name

4. Type in printer address, "http://..."

5. Login with my company credentials

I recently changed both my Windows and company password, so may be related to this?

John Milo JAMISON, Feb 15, 2021
  4. How to find a printer in Win10?

Unable to install printer in Win10 due to spooler stopping

Let us resolve your issue in installing your printer. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Uninstall all your printer software and drivers.
    • Disconnect your printer cables; then, restart your computer.
    • Download and install your printer software and drivers from the manufacturer website.
    • One you're done, connect your printer; then, check if the issue still persists.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Michael Gall, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

How to find a printer in Win10?

1. How to find a printer in Win10? - Similar Threads - find printer Win10

2. Cannot find printers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot find printers: I was in the middle of working yesterday and, suddenly, all of my printers essentially disappeared. I has happened before, and I was able to restart my computer and they were there again. But not this time. Here is a screenshots of my printer selection list from another...
  3. Need a new Win10 printer...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need a new Win10 printer...: I am looking into getting a new inkjet/desk-jet color printer for my new Win10 system, and I need some advice/help in finding the right one. Here is what I am looking for... I would like to get a Hp Inkjet/Desk-jet model. I have had GREAT success with this manufacturer...
  4. How can I find a printer's IP address?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I find a printer's IP address?: How can I find a printer's IP address in Windows 10? I sometimes need to access a Windows 10 PC with TeamViewer remote software. I sometimes can't find the printer's IP address, it doesn't appear under Control Panel > right click on Printer > Properties > Web Services tab...
  5. How to find Scanner and printer icons in Windows 10

How to find Scanner and printer icons in Windows 10: How to find Scanner and printer icons in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-scanner-and-printer-icons-in-windows/5ff33cfe-966f-461e-a2c0-4abf84f4fb9a
  6. Win10 Setting Default Printer

Win10 Setting Default Printer: As admin or user1, am able to select default printer without issue. As user2, left click on the printer name does NOT expand the selection box, and Manage is not accessible. Suggestions?...
  7. Win10 - how to queue a job to an offline printer?

Win10 - how to queue a job to an offline printer?: When I am away from my wifi printer, how can I print to the "offline" printer? How can I queue jobs to the printer and have them print when I re-connect to my printer? (This print queue function used to exist in previous versions of Windows.) I have upgraded my PC to WIn10...
  8. finding the printer pin

finding the printer pin: finding the printer pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/finding-the-printer-pin/47e4b601-67d6-468b-9733-bd5cbc49496b
  9. Can't Find A Printer

Can't Find A Printer: I have a two printers installed on my home WiFi, yet when I 'search' for them neither show up, what am I doing wrong. I have a new laptop which doesn't have a DVD/CD Drive to use the printer install disc so I need to figure this out. 50706
  10. How to find Hardware installation - Win10 Key/Token ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to find Hardware installation - Win10 Key/Token ?: I know windows 10 has hardware based tokens, but I would like to copy this token and keep it sumwhere safe so tht in future if it cannot activate due to any reason, I can manually install the token and validate my copy of windows. Please inform how can I find key/tokens...