Windows 10: How To Find A Restore Point Prior To Those Listed

Discus and support How To Find A Restore Point Prior To Those Listed in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; System Restore, under "Choose a different restore point", lists only two weeks ago as the oldest restore point .. but I want to restore to a date two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by beau, Aug 15, 2018.

1. beau Win User

How To Find A Restore Point Prior To Those Listed

System Restore, under "Choose a different restore point", lists only two weeks ago as the oldest restore point .. but I want to restore to a date two months ago. How can I find restore points that are older than those listed?

:)

2. Brink Win User

Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10  

Hello ma3ino, *Smile

Please double check using the screenshots under step 11 to verify if the restore point is listed there.

Brink, Aug 15, 2018
  3. SteveFell Win User
    Automatic restore points not working

I managed to find the procedure for creating automatic restore points on my desktop computer. However I tried to set the system to create a restore point on startup and then later, at a specific time. However when I checked the list there were no restore
    points listed for either case. The history says that it completed the task at the allotted time. I can create a manual restore point OK, which shows up in the system restore list. I've had a few near misses with malware recently, which were successfully dealt
    with by a system restore using the windows update point, but that was 3 weeks prior, hence the need for a daily update. Can anyone explain my problem please?

SteveFell, Aug 15, 2018
  4. How To Find A Restore Point Prior To Those Listed

creating a restore point

Hi Anthony,

We understand that you're having an issue with creating a restore point. For us to further assist you, we'd like to gather additional information.

• Have you tried creating system restore point manually?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

If you haven't created a system restore point manually, you can refer to the article below and follow the instructions given. Disable your antivirus or security software and then try to create a system restore point manually.

Create a system restore point

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

How To Find A Restore Point Prior To Those Listed

1. How To Find A Restore Point Prior To Those Listed - Similar Threads - Find Restore Point

2. How to restore system if there is no restore point?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore system if there is no restore point?: I had to use ProctorU for my college to take a test, and when I got in my headphones wouldn't let them hear me and they kept acting like there was nothing to fix it and they were being impatient. I did not know what the problem was because I am not tech savvy. Anyways, the...
  3. How to restore system if there is no restore point?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore system if there is no restore point?: I had to use ProctorU for my college to take a test, and when I got in my headphones wouldn't let them hear me and they kept acting like there was nothing to fix it and they were being impatient. I did not know what the problem was because I am not tech savvy. Anyways, the...
  4. find restore point

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    find restore point: My son-in-law cleaned my computer and tried to install the new Windows 10 without seeing if it was compatible with my Dell which is about 7 years old. Well it wasn't compatible, which he found out after. I no longer can do anything but email and Facebook. I had a restore...
  5. how do i find an get to a previous restore point/

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i find an get to a previous restore point/: how do i find a previous system restore point? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-an-get-to-a-previous-restore-point/8f54a1b1-4665-429a-a1bd-4b611da54e6a
  6. Prior Restore Point

Prior Restore Point: I am wanting to take my computer back to a previous date, how can I do this? The only restore date that comes up is for today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prior-restore-point/f83e66ca-4457-468e-87f3-0659003b27a7
  7. How to restore computer prior to yesterdat?

How to restore computer prior to yesterdat?: Have no e-mail, g==mail or facebook accts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-computer-prior-to-yesterdat/c025691a-f4f2-4ef7-a3d2-b7e1e28eda8d
  8. Windows Modules Installer listed in System Restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows Modules Installer listed in System Restore points: Every day, for at least three or four weeks, "Windows Modules Installer" is listed in System Restore points as being a restore item.What, Why and How would this be happening?Is there a way to find out what the installer is trying to install (and why it runs every day)?...
  9. Startup list disappeared, restore points gone.

Startup list disappeared, restore points gone.: Hi all I just got a new acer laptop with just a 256GB SSD drive (ASPIRE E5-575G) last week ( I've ordered a 1 TB regular HD but is not arrived yet). After 2 days, after put back the programs, apps and personal files I needed, I realized that the startup folder in CCleaner...
  10. Can't find my system restore points

Can't find my system restore points: I usually see the restore points created by windows but it isn't everyday backup, so I want to do a daily restore point backups, I went to Task Scheduler>>Windows>>System Restore, there is a task already there, I changed it to be daily at 4am, and It's enabled. I check...