Windows 10: How to find an .img file without finding image files?

Discus and support How to find an .img file without finding image files? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I created an .img file with Clonezilla, but I am not sure enough where it is. So I am doing a search using the Windows Files Manager, selecting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drpeppercan, Aug 8, 2021.

1. How to find an .img file without finding image files?

I created an .img file with Clonezilla, but I am not sure enough where it is. So I am doing a search using the Windows Files Manager, selecting the drive where I think it is, then using just ".img" to search. But most of the files found are image files (PNG, JPG, GIF, etc). How to narrow down the search? Thanks in advance guys, DPC

:)

drpeppercan, Aug 8, 2021
  2. Luka KLLP Win User

Finding .IMG or .ISO file in Windows 8.1 Pro download

Hey guys,

In preparation for my new PC I downloaded Windows 8.1 Pro from Dreamspark, and I wanted to burn it to a DVD, so I can install it on the new PC.
    However, in the downloaded files I can't find a .IMG or .ISO file anywhere. I understood that the .IMG file is the one you need to burn to the DVD?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Luka KLLP, Aug 8, 2021
  3. ghost101 Win User
    Need Help Mounting a .img File.

If nothing exists, you may have to make a virtual machine using the image.

ghost101, Aug 8, 2021
  4. How to find an .img file without finding image files?

Need Help Mounting a .img File.

So I have this Windows 95 Image file that I need to mount as a Virtual Hard Drive so I can Install something, but I can't find a program that will do that for me.

I have only gone as far as being able to open the .img file with WinImage, but I could not find a way to mount it with that. I have tried Magic ISO, Power ISO and other apps but none of them can read the .img file except for WinImage, which again can't mount the Virtual Hard Drive.

Does anyone know of an app that would be able to or maybe instructe me on how to use WinImage to do that if it can? Thanks.

AphexDreamer, Aug 8, 2021
Thema:

How to find an .img file without finding image files?

1. How to find an .img file without finding image files? - Similar Threads - find img file

2. How to find files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find files: I just recently purchased a new pc after my old one started going bad13 years old. Before getting the new computer set up I transferred my files that I had in file explorer to onedrive. But looking at onedrive on the new pc I do not see my files. HELP! These are very...
  3. How to find files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find files: I just recently purchased a new pc after my old one started going bad13 years old. Before getting the new computer set up I transferred my files that I had in file explorer to onedrive. But looking at onedrive on the new pc I do not see my files. HELP! These are very...
  4. FINDING FILES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FINDING FILES: Since running W10 I have not needed to find a file they are where I expect them to be. So now I need to find some files that are not in their expected place but cannot find how to do a search. I must be missing something and feel stupid....
  5. Finding files

Finding files: I used to be able to locate documents by search by date but I can no longer do that What happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finding-files/80d52366-1b7d-477c-8d26-26b79cd2c2c3
  6. img file

img file: I try to downloadeops map. When i want to open the img file i have the message "diskafbildningsfejl" and the file dont open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/img-file/ced1b60e-24a5-4202-a251-a6f92fb12c2a"
  7. Finding a file

Finding a file: Is there a way to search my computer for a file by a name that would be in that file, but not the file name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finding-a-file/b424f5e5-70a2-4b3e-853f-86994818e5aa"
  8. finding files

finding files: I can't find files on Windows 10. I used to be able to but I am lost now with MS persistence to make every new windows version more complex and less user friendly! I looked for answers and followed the steps: 1. Opened file explorer which look NOTHING like the screenshots...
  9. Find file

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Find file: Sync a file in OneDrive and now I'm looking for it and I cannot get it. Apparently, it's lost. How can I find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-file/0831886d-ff1f-47f0-97a3-d455fe73c935"
  10. find ISO file image?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    find ISO file image?: how do I search and find iso file image? will it matter if I'm getting it from another pc? using rufus. 32287