Windows 10: How to find as much of users data on their computer as possible?

Discus and support How to find as much of users data on their computer as possible? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a computer here that belongs to another person and they have used it to work for years. It is running Windows 10 build 1909. The person has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hajen, Feb 18, 2021.

1. hajen Win User

How to find as much of users data on their computer as possible?

Hi,

I have a computer here that belongs to another person and they have used it to work for years. It is running Windows 10 build 1909. The person has given me their password and asked me to find all files that they have saved. There are multiple applications involved, like AutoDesk, Office, OneNote etc.

The goal is to find any word document, powerpoint, project files and all other files that may be of interest, then put it on a separate storage device and reinstall their device.

I am thinking of a script since I have to do this for about 200 computers which all run different software (but all run Windows 10). I was also thinking of using some software, maybe TreeSize? Do you have suggestions on other software? Like "Search C: and all subfolders, include only docx,pptx,txt" for example.

Thank you for all help. Kind regards

:)

hajen, Feb 18, 2021

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

How to find as much of users data on their computer as possible? partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

1. How to find as much of users data on their computer as possible? - Similar Threads - find much users

2. COmputer is lagging very much on standard users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COmputer is lagging very much on standard users: Whenever I first log into my standard users my mouse and typing starts lagging and skipping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-lagging-very-much-on-standard-users/4ae43d67-2036-425d-85ce-b835ee107d22
  3. COmputer is lagging very much on standard users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COmputer is lagging very much on standard users: Whenever I first log into my standard users my mouse and typing starts lagging and skipping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-lagging-very-much-on-standard-users/4ae43d67-2036-425d-85ce-b835ee107d22
  4. How much cache data will be generated by the computer when it is connected to a very high...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How much cache data will be generated by the computer when it is connected to a very high...: How much cache data will be generated by the computer when it is connected to a very high speed internet network. Can a specific set of files get corrupted after prolonged usage of the high speed internet. Please elaborate on the set of functionalities that can get affected ....
  5. How much cache data will be generated by the computer when it is connected to a very high...

How much cache data will be generated by the computer when it is connected to a very high...: How much cache data will be generated by the computer when it is connected to a very high speed internet network. Can a specific set of files get corrupted after prolonged usage of the high speed internet. Please elaborate on the set of functionalities that can get affected ....
  6. how much data will be removed during reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how much data will be removed during reinstall: Hi,I am a Windows 11 Beta insider user and I am now frustrated with windows 11 bc of so many bugs and slow performance. I want to reinstall windows 10 and I have this question:During the reinstall of Windows 10 using Installation media will the Data on only the C:/ Drive will...
  7. how much data will be removed during reinstall

how much data will be removed during reinstall: Hi,I am a Windows 11 Beta insider user and I am now frustrated with windows 11 bc of so many bugs and slow performance. I want to reinstall windows 10 and I have this question:During the reinstall of Windows 10 using Installation media will the Data on only the C:/ Drive will...
  8. Consuming too much data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Consuming too much data: My windows 10 laptop is consuming too much data and when i checked the data usage i found thatsetuphost.exe is the one which is consuming the entire data. It nearly consumed 100mb in less than 1minute.since i have daily data limit please help me to control my data usage....
  9. Too much data consumption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too much data consumption: My windows 10 laptop is consuming too much data. I have tried setting the wifi as metered connection, turning off background apps. But nothing worked. When i check my data usage, i found that "system" Is consuming the whole data. Please help me with this problem..........
  10. Finding user data on old HD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Finding user data on old HD: Old XP computer is dead. Purchased enclosure for the hard drive. Connected to my laptop running Windows 10. HD is recognized, but I can't find my user files, such as documents and photos. Any ideas? Thanks. 105799