Windows 10: How to find/backup Windows 10 on a laptop

Discus and support How to find/backup Windows 10 on a laptop in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I've just bought an Asus Win 10 laptop and noticed that there is no CD-key at the bottom and the laptop does not prompt me to make a recovery disc. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by mystvearn, Jul 7, 2018.

1. mystvearn Win User

How to find/backup Windows 10 on a laptop

I've just bought an Asus Win 10 laptop and noticed that there is no CD-key at the bottom and the laptop does not prompt me to make a recovery disc. How do I backup my windows copy if I need to reformat or if the HD becomes corrupt? The last laptop I bought in 2013 had a key.

Does anyone know?

:)

mystvearn, Jul 7, 2018
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 7, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

1. How to find/backup Windows 10 on a laptop - Similar Threads - find backup laptop

2. How to backup Onenote for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to backup Onenote for Windows 10?: ***Note! This is about Onenote for Windows 10. Not the separate Onenote which comes with Office. How does one backup Onenote for Windows 10? I know it's synchronized but for instance in a case of an accidental delete. ***Note! This is about Onenote for Windows 10. Not the...
  3. how to backup files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to backup files in Windows 10: How to backup files in Windows 10 and then view it in thumb drive to confirm it happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-backup-files-in-windows-10/9b9276d2-dd5f-41c9-ac3d-a7e92b050dfa"
  4. someone stole my laptop how to find it ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    someone stole my laptop how to find it ?: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 1709 OS Build 10.0.16299.431 (updates available as of 8/30/2018 7:57:59 PM) Serial # CNF03560Q4 Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz Graphics card Intel(R) HD Graphics System OSType64BitX64 RAM 3 GB The above laptop...
  5. How can I find the password for my Windows 10 laptop?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I find the password for my Windows 10 laptop?: I have a Win10 tower and a Win10 laptop. Both are set to boot into Win10 without having to enter a password. I'm the only user for both PCs. I want to transfer a file from the laptop to the tower. I used to be able to open File Explorer on the tower and then in the left...
  6. [How to]Backup Windows 10 activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    [How to]Backup Windows 10 activation: *Smile I will show the method that I use to do to backup windows 10 activation before I do the clean install of my windows 10 in the case that you lost your activation after do the clean install. Btw, If you do the clean install and your windows already active you...
  7. windows could not find a backup for this computer

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    windows could not find a backup for this computer: did a backup several days ago using restore backup when ancient laptop was running as if new. An old problem returned so I wanted to see if a restore would fix it. restore gave the message, "windows could not find a backup for this computer" 89987
  8. How to backup windows 10 laptop?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to backup windows 10 laptop?: My laptop is a dell and it uses windows 10. How do you do a backup of your laptop? What do you need? How long does it take? Is the backup going to be put in an external hard drive? Or online in google drive or icloud? 69680
  9. How to backup Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to backup Windows 10 upgrade: I purchased windows 8.1 and got free upgrade to Windows 10. Now my question is if I want to reinstall my OS then I only have Win 8.1 disk with me, what should I do ?. Is there any way to backup the Windows 10 upgrade or else I will have to spend long hours downloading the Win...
  10. How to find screen on time (SOT) on windows laptops

in Windows 10 Support
    How to find screen on time (SOT) on windows laptops: Hi, Is there a way to find the screen on time for your device running windows 10? If there is no built in way to do this, is there any 3rd party program that can measure screen on time (SOT measures how many hours your screen is on as a way of testing battery life)...