Windows 10: How to find Bitlocker Recovery Key in your Microsoft Account

Discus and support How to find Bitlocker Recovery Key in your Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I ran an HP update on my new HP Laptop today, that we've had for 6 months, and now a screen appeared asking for my BitLocker Recovery Key. I logged-in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MFT#13, Apr 5, 2020.

1. MFT#13 Win User

How to find Bitlocker Recovery Key in your Microsoft Account

I ran an HP update on my new HP Laptop today, that we've had for 6 months, and now a screen appeared asking for my BitLocker Recovery Key. I logged-in to my Microsoft account on another device, so now where do I find the recovery key? Help! Thanks!

:)

MFT#13, Apr 5, 2020

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 5, 2020
  3. bitlocker key id recovery

Hi Jessen P

Thank you very much for your advice.

I did follow your suggestion but I can't get recovery key.

I got the below message.

You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys in your Microsoft account.

Next Step, What should I do?

Nam-PeunGカーンダー, Apr 5, 2020
  4. How to find Bitlocker Recovery Key in your Microsoft Account

Bitlocker recovery key

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as the PC is locked with BitLocker and you are unable to retrieve the BitLocker Recovery key from your Microsoft account.

In this situation, we would first suggest you to set the PC to default BIOS settings.

If you still get the option for BitLocker recovery key, then we would suggest you to refer the below article for managing the security info on your Microsoft account and later retrieve the recovery key.

Microsoft account security info & verification codes

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

How to find Bitlocker Recovery Key in your Microsoft Account

1. How to find Bitlocker Recovery Key in your Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - find Bitlocker Recovery

2. How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID: I have an LG gram laptop. For some reason today it opened to the bitlocker screen. I do not have any recollection of setting up bitlocker, nor do I have a key saved in my Microsoft account. The page is displaying a “recovery key ID” that it says can help identify my key, but...
  3. How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID: I have an LG gram laptop. For some reason today it opened to the bitlocker screen. I do not have any recollection of setting up bitlocker, nor do I have a key saved in my Microsoft account. The page is displaying a “recovery key ID” that it says can help identify my key, but...
  4. Can not find Bitlocker recovery keys in microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not find Bitlocker recovery keys in microsoft account: Bitlocker locked my notebook during the booting process after a Windows Update. When I signed in to my Microsoft account on another device and found the locked notebook, however, there was no Bitlocker information: "You have not uploaded any BitLocker recovery keys to your...
  5. How to find account associated with a Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find account associated with a Bitlocker Recovery Key: My daughter's very old ThinkPad died likely a motherboard issue, and so I bought her a new one. The old PC won't start at all, so I removed the NVMe drive and popped it into an enclosure so that we could recover her files.Unfortunately, it is asking for a Microsoft Bitlocker...
  6. How to find account associated with a Bitlocker Recovery Key

How to find account associated with a Bitlocker Recovery Key: My daughter's very old ThinkPad died likely a motherboard issue, and so I bought her a new one. The old PC won't start at all, so I removed the NVMe drive and popped it into an enclosure so that we could recover her files.Unfortunately, it is asking for a Microsoft Bitlocker...
  7. How to find account associated with a Bitlocker Recovery Key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. How to find the recovery key for the Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find the recovery key for the Bitlocker?: I was prompted to restart and update my laptop, and when I did so, the Bitlocker screen popped up. Now, this would be easy to fix if my account was uncompromised, but it's actually not the case. My email in the Microsoft account was changed to @rambler.ru, so I had no way to...
  9. How to find the recovery key for the Bitlocker?

How to find the recovery key for the Bitlocker?: I was prompted to restart and update my laptop, and when I did so, the Bitlocker screen popped up. Now, this would be easy to fix if my account was uncompromised, but it's actually not the case. My email in the Microsoft account was changed to @rambler.ru, so I had no way to...
  10. Bitlocker recovery key no Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key no Microsoft account: I cannot find the bitlocker code. No Microsoft login, but I have a recovery key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-no-microsoft-account/6268bb9e-8a34-4374-8ea8-7e468db03fe2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to find bitlocker key of microsoft account

2. cant find bitlocker recovery key

3. windows.microsoft. com/recoverykey