Windows 10: How to find BitLocker recovery key on Windows 8.1/10

Discus and support How to find BitLocker recovery key on Windows 8.1/10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello All, After trying to search for a good article on how to fix my BitLocker situation, I found the following article the most useful from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by adoptme, Apr 15, 2019.

1. adoptme Win User

How to find BitLocker recovery key on Windows 8.1/10

Hello All,

After trying to search for a good article on how to fix my BitLocker situation, I found the following article the most useful from Lenovo. https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/HT502684

I am sharing this knowledge because after thoroughly searching, all the other Windows Microsoft Community Articles that I was looking for answers from, did not provide me with adequate information. I hope this helps you, too:

Description
    When you update your device’s BIOS or do recovery action, you might need to input BitLocker recovery key. You can find recovery key for your device following below steps.

For Windows 7, per Microsoft design, there is no online digital backup. When you initially set up BitLocker, a Recovery Key will be created and The BitLocker setup wizard prompts you to choose how to store the recovery key. You can choose from the following options:

• Save the recovery key to a USB flash drive. Saves the recovery key to a USB flash drive.
    • Save the recovery key to a file. Saves the recovery key to a network drive or other location.
    • Print the recovery key. Prints the recovery key

For Windows 8 onwards, please read the solutions below to get the BitLocker recovery key.

Affected Brands
    • idea/Lenovo laptops, Lenovo desktops
    • Lenovo tablets, Think tablets
    • ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, ThinkStation
    Operating Systems
    • Windows 8.1
    • Windows 10
    Solution
    1. Click to open this Microsoft document - BitLocker recovery keys: Frequently asked questions
    2. You will get below screen, click “How can I get my BitLocker recovery key?

How to find BitLocker recovery key on Windows 8.1/10 bitlock1_20161114064054.png
    3. Click “BitLocker Recovery Keys

How to find BitLocker recovery key on Windows 8.1/10 bitlock2_20161114064113.png
    4. On the popped screen input your account and password, then click “signs in” to get your recovery key. Of course if you had login in your Microsoft account, you can get your recovery key directly.

How to find BitLocker recovery key on Windows 8.1/10 bitlock3_20161114064133.png

How to find BitLocker recovery key on Windows 8.1/10 bitlock4_20161114064238.png
    Additional Information
    If you're having problems with your Microsoft account, here are a few tips.

I have a Microsoft account, but I can’t sign in

Go to the Reset your password page to resolve problems with your account.

I’m signed in with my Microsoft account, but I don’t see my recovery key

The recovery key might not have been saved to your Microsoft account online. In this case, look for any copies of the recovery key you might have printed or saved to a file.

If you accidentally deleted the recovery key from your Microsoft account online and want to save it again, you need to force Windows to back up the recovery key automatically. The only way to do this is to switch to a local account, and then switch back to a Microsoft account.
    1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    2. Tap or click Users, tap or click Switch to a local account, and follow the instructions.
    3. Repeat step 1, tap or click Users, tap or click Switch to a Microsoft account, and follow the instructions.
    Related Articles

:)

adoptme, Apr 15, 2019

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Ar Rom Win User

Bitlocker Recovery Key

Hi Erica,

There are certain steps that you can do to recover your BitLocker recovery key. Kindly follow the steps provided on this

link
    and see if it resolves your concern. The article pertains to Windows 8.1 but it's also applicable to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

1. How to find BitLocker recovery key on Windows 8.1/10 - Similar Threads - find BitLocker recovery

2. How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID: I have an LG gram laptop. For some reason today it opened to the bitlocker screen. I do not have any recollection of setting up bitlocker, nor do I have a key saved in my Microsoft account. The page is displaying a “recovery key ID” that it says can help identify my key, but...
  3. How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID: I have an LG gram laptop. For some reason today it opened to the bitlocker screen. I do not have any recollection of setting up bitlocker, nor do I have a key saved in my Microsoft account. The page is displaying a “recovery key ID” that it says can help identify my key, but...
  4. How to find the recovery key for the Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find the recovery key for the Bitlocker?: I was prompted to restart and update my laptop, and when I did so, the Bitlocker screen popped up. Now, this would be easy to fix if my account was uncompromised, but it's actually not the case. My email in the Microsoft account was changed to @rambler.ru, so I had no way to...
  5. How to find the recovery key for the Bitlocker?

How to find the recovery key for the Bitlocker?: I was prompted to restart and update my laptop, and when I did so, the Bitlocker screen popped up. Now, this would be easy to fix if my account was uncompromised, but it's actually not the case. My email in the Microsoft account was changed to @rambler.ru, so I had no way to...
  6. How to find BitLocker key with Recovery Key ID?

How to find BitLocker key with Recovery Key ID?: Today when I booted my Dell Latitude it displayed the blue "BitLocker recovery" screen. I do not have a copy. In fact I do not recall installing or authorizing installation of BilLocker. I looked at my Microsoft account with a Microsoft support rep on the line but we could...
  7. How to find BitLocker key with Recovery Key ID?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to find BitLocker key with Recovery Key ID?: Today when I booted my Dell Latitude it displayed the blue "BitLocker recovery" screen. I do not have a copy. In fact I do not recall installing or authorizing installation of BilLocker. I looked at my Microsoft account with a Microsoft support rep on the line but we could...
  8. Find Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Find Bitlocker Recovery Key: My HP Laptop did an upgrade and is now asking me for the Bitlocker Recovery key - I wasn't expecting this to happen so wasn't prepared with my key and now can't locate my paper copy. I have logged in to account.microsoft.com and that device is not on there but my other...
  9. Windows 10 Finding BitLocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Finding BitLocker recovery key: Today my laptop could not boot. Recovery Menu asks for Recovery Key which I can't find. I looked at https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey and there are no key I need. There are all the keys from lost/stolen/broken devices, but not for my laptop. I have the...
  10. Find BitLocker Recovery Key in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find BitLocker Recovery Key in Windows 10: How to: Find BitLocker Recovery Key in Windows 10 How to Find BitLocker Recovery Key in Windows 10 You can use BitLocker to encrypt the removable data drive (external hard drive or USB flash drive). If you lost or don't know your BitLocker key (ex: password, PIN,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker ecovery key windows 8.1

2. find my bitlocker recovery key

3. bitlocker recover key windows 8

4. windows 8.1 phone recovery key,
  5. windows 8.1 bitlocker recovery key,
  6. find my bitlocker recovery key windows 8,
  7. bitlocker recovery key windows 8,
  8. how to fine a bitlocker recovery key for windows 81,
  9. bitlocker identification key,
  10. find my bitlocker recovery key windows 8.1