Windows 10: How to Find Build Being Offered by Windows Media Creation Tool

Discus and support How to Find Build Being Offered by Windows Media Creation Tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In a previous thread that I had posted, it was explained to me how I could determine what build of Windows 10 was being offered from the Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hsehestedt, Oct 8, 2019.

1. How to Find Build Being Offered by Windows Media Creation Tool

In a previous thread that I had posted, it was explained to me how I could determine what build of Windows 10 was being offered from the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. I wanted to make a permanent note of how I could do this but for the life of me I cannot find that thread.

Could someone educate me once more on how I can accomplish this? I seem to recall having to look at some XML text to find those details, but the details are simply eluding me at the moment.

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Please disregard. It figures that 5 minutes after giving up I would find the thread.

For any who may be interested, here it is:

Can the "Date modified" be changed for customized Win boot media?

:)

hsehestedt, Oct 8, 2019

2. media creation tool

Hello,

The Windows Media Creation Tool allows you to download the Windows 10 ISO directly from Microsoft, without having a product key. You can use it to clean install or upgrade to Windows 10. It can also be use to download the different editions of Windows 10.
    Refer to this
    link
    to download the Windows 10 Installation Media Tool.

As for the build and version of your Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open up the run command prompt.
    • Type winver into the run command text box and hit OK. You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.

Should you need additional assistance, do let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Media Creation Tool question

Hi, I have never had any problems using the Media Creation Tool to perform a Windows 10 clean installation until yesterday so I have a couple of questions.
    1. The tutorial here says after going to the Microsoft site and selecting the Download Tool (Media Creation Tool) option that the Media Creation Tool should be save to the PC and run from there.
    On Microsoft site the instructions are to Download the Tool and select Run (no saving to the PC). Is there a reason for saving it to the PC first as suggested on Tenforums?

2. Yesterday I used the Media Creation Tool to do a clean install. Everything went fine with the download. After the two hour download the Media Creation Tool automatically started to create the media. Everything working normally so far..then suddenly at 50% a screen popped up with an unexpected error message Error code beginning 0x80004005. That was it I had to stop there.
    After searching the net it seems that other people have had the same issue after the Fall Creators Update...with the installation stopping at 50%. I have no idea how to sort this out. After contacting Microsoft Chat Support they didn't offer any suggestions that worked either.
    Can anyone advise please
    Many Thanks

sportsfan148, Oct 8, 2019
  4. How to Find Build Being Offered by Windows Media Creation Tool

Media creation tool

Hi,

We would like to know more about this concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to download Media Creation Tool?

Desiree Yau, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

How to Find Build Being Offered by Windows Media Creation Tool

1. How to Find Build Being Offered by Windows Media Creation Tool - Similar Threads - Find Build Being

2. Media Creation Tool by offer non installed languege by default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool by offer non installed languege by default: I have created flash drive to install windows for my wife's new PC. My system run on English US and also installed Ukrainian language pack. But Media Creation Tool offers RUSSIAN AS RECOMMENDED. What will happen next? Chinese? I need to know why it recomend so and How can I...
  3. Media Creation Tool by offer non installed languege by default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool by offer non installed languege by default: I have created flash drive to install windows for my wife's new PC. My system run on English US and also installed Ukrainian language pack. But Media Creation Tool offers RUSSIAN AS RECOMMENDED. What will happen next? Chinese? I need to know why it recomend so and How can I...
  4. Media Creation Tool by offer non installed languege by default

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how to find media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to find media creation tool: I want to uninstall windows 11 and reinstall windows 10. I was told to find the media creation tool to download 10 into my flash drive, then wipe 11 out of laptop and install 10 from flash drive. Where do I find media creation tool and do this?...
  6. how to find media creation tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to find media creation tool: I want to uninstall windows 11 and reinstall windows 10. I was told to find the media creation tool to download 10 into my flash drive, then wipe 11 out of laptop and install 10 from flash drive. Where do I find media creation tool and do this?...
  7. how to find media creation tool

8. Windows builds in media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows builds in media creation tool: I recently reinstalled windows using media creation tool and noticed that during inatallation it shows that iso was modified at july 10 instead of may which should be the case of 2004 build/may update. And it seems there were less updates initially after installation...
  9. Media Creation Tool ISO build question

Media Creation Tool ISO build question: Hi all, When you go to the Microsoft website to download the Media Creation Tool, is there any way of knowing the exact build of the ISO file before you download it? I cant find anywhere on the website where this might be listed. All it tells you is it is version 1903. Back...
  10. When will the Windows Media Creation Tool offer Windows 10 v1903

When will the Windows Media Creation Tool offer Windows 10 v1903: We have 5 computers and I want to upgrade them to v1903 with a clean install using the Media Creation Tool rather than the automatic upgrade from Windows update....