Windows 10: How to find device names for which driver updates are meant for?

Discus and support How to find device names for which driver updates are meant for? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have couple driver updates. But I can't find (for what devices they are exactly meant for) by their names. Any way how to find out? If I only knew... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by empleat, Mar 11, 2021.

1. empleat Win User

How to find device names for which driver updates are meant for?

I have couple driver updates. But I can't find (for what devices they are exactly meant for) by their names. Any way how to find out? If I only knew their Hardware IDs, or if it showed proper names! I use Sledgehammer and WuMgr for updates. And in Device Manager I have only 3 yellow devices, so looking there won't help! I asked Intel about these, but they didn't answered me. I suppose there must be a way to find out, for which devices these drivers are exactly meant for...

Thanks.

:)

empleat, Mar 11, 2021
  2. Marco Gav Win User

USB microphone show up under "Other Devices" in the Device Manager

Hi Luke,

We suggest that you update the device driver. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select
      it from the list of results.

• Expand the category where your device is located, then right-click on the name of your device, and select Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If updating the device driver doesn't work, we suggest that you reinstall the driver:

• Open Device Manager.

• Right-click on the name of the device.

• Select Uninstall.

• Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Mar 11, 2021
  3. base system device driver not found

Hello,

Code 28 error indicates that the drivers for this device are not installed. I would suggest you to try the methods provided below and check if they help in resolving the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter automatically detect and fix issue with your hardware and devices. To run this troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select View by: Small icons.
    • Open Troubleshooting.
    • Under Hardware and Sound, run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2: Update the driver.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Find the device that you want to update, and double-click the device name.
    • Click Driver tab.
    • Click Update Driver.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Update us on the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Mar 11, 2021
  4. How to find device names for which driver updates are meant for?

touchpad driver update

Hi Chandrahasan,

Incompatible device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problem, and attempt to fix the issue automatically. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, uninstall the touchpad driver, then follow these steps to check if the issue is driver related:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

How to find device names for which driver updates are meant for?

1. How to find device names for which driver updates are meant for? - Similar Threads - find device names

2. how do i find apple device drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i find apple device drivers?: itunes dosnt recognize my ipod touch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-apple-device-drivers/2db6f2e2-aef0-4b00-94b6-ce33a3105fb8
  3. how do i find apple device drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i find apple device drivers?: itunes dosnt recognize my ipod touch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-apple-device-drivers/2db6f2e2-aef0-4b00-94b6-ce33a3105fb8
  4. is it possible to install a intel driver - like 4380 or higher - which is meant for windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to install a intel driver - like 4380 or higher - which is meant for windows...: i tried fixing the issue by installing a 31.0.101.4148 driver. however, even afterwards, the game i was trying to play, Mirror's Edge Catalysts, says that it requires a xx.x.xxx.4380 graphics driver. however, the only one i could find was one that is meant for Window's 10....
  5. is it possible to install a intel driver - like 4380 or higher - which is meant for windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is it possible to install a intel driver - like 4380 or higher - which is meant for windows...: i tried fixing the issue by installing a 31.0.101.4148 driver. however, even afterwards, the game i was trying to play, Mirror's Edge Catalysts, says that it requires a xx.x.xxx.4380 graphics driver. however, the only one i could find was one that is meant for Window's 10....
  6. How to find which Driver is causing the Blue Screen on Windows?

in Windows 10 News
    How to find which Driver is causing the Blue Screen on Windows?: [ATTACH]If you are seeing a Blue Screen error on your computer and want to find which driver is causing the BSOD on Windows, here are some ways to help you. There are multiple methods to find the faulty driver, and this guide explains all the possible ways you can use on your...
  7. How do I find out which device this is?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I find out which device this is?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sjorsa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvqao6/how_do_i_find_out_which_device_this_is/
  8. Find out which device is turning the screen on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Find out which device is turning the screen on: I've set my energy plan to turn the screen off after 5 minutes, but every time the screen is turned of it is turned on right away. In the System log there's an event saying that the event was "Input Mouse" but even if I turn off the mouse this still happens. Here's the full...
  9. How to find a File name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to find a File name?: I transferred a photo CD from CVS to my computer so that I could Email them to someone, I prepare the email I go to file Explorer click on what I want to send, hit open then the box to the left of the open key asks for the file name, what and where can I find the "File...
  10. In general, which one is the better source for updating device driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    In general, which one is the better source for updating device driver?: Hello, When updating driver on laptop, which option is generally better? 1. Updating from Windows Update 2. From the laptop OEM (Asus, Dell, HP, etc) 3. From the device manufacturer (Nvidia, AMD, Realtek, etc) I read on Intel or Nvidia website, they actually...