Windows 10: How to find, download and install Drivers for Unknown Devices or Hardware on Windows 10

Discus and support How to find, download and install Drivers for Unknown Devices or Hardware on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]A hardware/device can only function if the right Device Divers (a hardware program on […] This article How to find, download and install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 17, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to find, download and install Drivers for Unknown Devices or Hardware on Windows 10

WinClub, Feb 17, 2021

2. unknown "other devices"

Hi,

Unknown devices usually show up in the Device Manager when Windows is unable to identify a piece of hardware and attempts to provide a driver for it. An unknown device isn’t just unknown — it’s not functioning until you install the right driver. Most of
    the time Windows is able to identify and download drivers automatically. In cases where it is unable to do so, you'll have to identify and look for the driver yourself.

Follow these steps to locate the Unknown Device:

1. Press Windows Key + X and select Device Manager.

2. You’ll find unknown devices and other non-functioning devices under Other devices. Each device with a problem has a little yellow exclamation mark over its icon.

To check the Hardware ID of a device, follow these steps:

1. Open the Device Manager.

2. In the Device Manager, right-click the device, and choose Properties in the popup menu.

3. Tap the Details tab.

4. Select the Hardware IDs in the drop-down list.

5. Search the web for the Hardware ID using your browser. You should be able to get the name of the piece of hardware associated with the unknown device.

6. Get the driver for the device and install it normally.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    When trying to install the device drivers manually it says "Windows Was unable to install your Unknown Device.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Which driver are you trying to install?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: Run hardware and device troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

And also check with your manufacturer web site for the drivers.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Anna Bol Win User

How to find, download and install Drivers for Unknown Devices or Hardware on Windows 10

Unknown device does not have a driver installed

Hi Terry,

To help resolve your issue, we
    suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter. Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected
    to your PC is installed correctly. To do so, follow these steps:

• Type
      Troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View
      all on the top left corner.

• Click on Hardware
      and devices.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Anna Bol, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

1. How to find, download and install Drivers for Unknown Devices or Hardware on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - find download install

2. Trying to find a driver for a unknown device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trying to find a driver for a unknown device: The Hardware ID is: USB\VID_06CB&PID_00C7&REV_0000 USB\VID_06CB&PID_00C7 and the Compatibile IDs are: USB\Class_FF&SubClass_00&Prot_00 USB\Class_FF&SubClass_00 &...
  3. Unknown Device Can't Find

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown Device Can't Find: i have a problem like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-unknown-component-missing-drivers/6a35d838-a028-4fd0-b777-4231ccb02512 but i have a problem when i click the details tab theres no hardware id so i cant find and fix it[IMG]...
  4. Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the...: [ATTACH]If you’re encountering the error message Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this […] This article Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device (Code 41) first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  5. Unknown Device and Driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown Device and Driver: So I Bricked My Phone And Now its a "UNKNOWN DEVICE" so I installed The "MediaTek Drivers" and Tried to Use Them as My phones Driver.... But The MediaTek Drivers Didn't show In The Drivers List I tried To select Them manually but It said That The driver is not 64x Even though...
  6. Driver does not install on an unknown device

Driver does not install on an unknown device: Hello I recently updated to the latest version of W10 and I noticed my Xbox 360 wireless receiver was not working. I then checked my device manager and found out it was listed as an "unknown device". Beware all screenshots are in italian, but it shouldn't be too hard to...
  7. Unknown device drivers not installing manually

Unknown device drivers not installing manually: Up until my update this morning I have had a wireless adapter for my Xbox 360 controller. I have been manually assigning it driver updates but this time, I try to update it and nothing happens. I go to manage devices Other devices Unknown device Browse my computer Pick...
  8. Unknown device stays unknown after downloading drivers.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown device stays unknown after downloading drivers.: Just had to reset my computer. An old Xbox 360 wireless receiver I've been using for ages always needed to get drivers installed when plugged in to a new PC. Usually i click update drivers select manually and browse the list of drivers til i get to the correct section. Xbox...
  9. Can't install drivers for unknown device in device manager

Can't install drivers for unknown device in device manager: I am having an issue where I try to apply a driver to an "Unknown Device" I apply a driver that is Digitally signed it says it updated the device but when device manager refreshes it still says unknown device as if it was never updated. I tried this on a 2nd computer and it...
  10. "Unknown device" remains unknown after installing the correct drivers

"Unknown device" remains unknown after installing the correct drivers: I've got an Xbox 360 wireless controller receiver. It stopped working with what seems to be driver issues. When it's first plugged in, device manager sees it as an "Unknown Device" with status: The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28 There are no compatible...