Windows 10: How to find filename of current Lock Screen image in Win 10 v1909

Discus and support How to find filename of current Lock Screen image in Win 10 v1909 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Having Googled this before posting I have found solutions stating that the image name can be found in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DrMopp, May 15, 2020.

1. DrMopp Win User

How to find filename of current Lock Screen image in Win 10 v1909

Having Googled this before posting I have found solutions stating that the image name can be found in the HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Lock Screen\Creative registry key under LandscapeAssetPath. This is blank on my system (see image), and yet I do have a Lock Screen set (the older style Windows10 default background). Help appreciated.

:)

DrMopp, May 15, 2020
  2. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, May 15, 2020
  3. Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 15, 2020
  4. How to find filename of current Lock Screen image in Win 10 v1909

Lock Screen Image Issue

Hi Kirby,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to set the default pictures as the Lock Screen picture from the PC and check if it works or not.

Follow the steps below:

• In start type "settings" and press enter.
    • Select Personalize
    • From the left click on "Lock screen"
    • Select the default picture and conform by preview.
    Please do get back to us to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, May 15, 2020
Thema:

How to find filename of current Lock Screen image in Win 10 v1909

1. How to find filename of current Lock Screen image in Win 10 v1909 - Similar Threads - find filename current

2. Finding my customer lock screen image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finding my customer lock screen image: Some years ago I got an extra wide monitor. I found an image I liked, and made it the background when the system is locked. That was at least a couple of generations of Windows ago. I have thousands upon thousands of jpeg files on the computer. I would like to find the jpeg...
  3. How to know the location of the current Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to know the location of the current Lock Screen Image: Hi everyone, I would like to know how to find out the current location of the Lock Screen Background image. I figured out they are located somewhere here depending on your options like If you have spotlight enabled or your current theme:...
  4. How to know the location of the current Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Support
    How to know the location of the current Lock Screen Image: Hi everyone, I would like to know how to find out the current location of the Lock Screen Background image. I figured out they are located somewhere here depending on your options like If you have spotlight enabled or your current theme:...
  5. Help finding custom lock screen image

Help finding custom lock screen image: I need help retrieving an image being used as my lock screen. It is a personal photo, and we are unable to locate the original file. What would be the file path to find a custom lock screen photo file?...
  6. need to find a lock screen image!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    need to find a lock screen image!: Hi! Windows served up a gorgeous lock screen image - looked like a close up of odd round trees in a jungle with little gouts of water filtered through the leaves. There were birds around also. I have never seen anything like it and it changed the image BEFORE I could click on...
  7. win 10 v1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win 10 v1909: new win 10 version does not pair with roku tv and network function in file explorer does not work. what is the fix?.....apple????????????????????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-v1909/0fceef32-91f9-4ad4-b5d4-e63b605a1ef0"
  8. Where is the castle in the current Win 10 lock screen?

Where is the castle in the current Win 10 lock screen?: where is the castle in the current win 10 lock screen? * Moved from Education https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-castle-in-the-current-win-10-lock/d649c7e0-6b67-4dd2-b2e8-78cd99d0bc67
  9. How can I export my current lock screen image?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I export my current lock screen image?: I have put an image on my lock screen and want to export it to a new computer. I want to find where the file is located. I originated it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-export-my-current-lock-screen-image/c7f9c4c0-f027-4b5e-a5a9-95f84b1a756b
  10. Can I extract current lock screen image?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can I extract current lock screen image?: I currently have an image on my lock screen of Windows laptop which I unfortunately lost the original copy of, but a copy keeps showing up as an option for the lock screen. Can I extract this image somewhere in some folder? Perhaps a hidden folder somewhere? The photograph...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 lock screen previous picture