Windows 10: How to find/fix lost Minecraft Windows 10 Edition worlds

Discus and support How to find/fix lost Minecraft Windows 10 Edition worlds in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; If you have lost your world (meaning when you open the game your world is missing) this may be helpful. THIS IS FOR WINDOWS 10 EDITION ONLY I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by reedybea5t, May 14, 2019.

1. How to find/fix lost Minecraft Windows 10 Edition worlds

If you have lost your world (meaning when you open the game your world is missing) this may be helpful. THIS IS FOR WINDOWS 10 EDITION ONLY

I have had this problem and have fixed it using this method (couldn't find anything to help so i figured it out then made this, so you won't have to figure it out yourself).

Just so you now my problem occurred because i had a power outage as my world was saving after i closed it. I don't know if it may work for you, but best to give it a shot, it's short and easy.

First off open Minecraft and make a new world (give the world the same settings as you old one, as the settings will change after the process). Save and close and save the world, then close Minecraft.

Then, open files explorer. go: This PC/Local Disk (CHow to find/fix lost Minecraft Windows 10 Edition worlds :)/Users/User/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe/LocalState/games/com.mojang/minecraftWorlds

If you have trouble finding the folder try this: https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209070509-How-to-access-hidden-folders

It is easier if you only had one world (I did) but there should be two (maybe more for you) folders in the minecraftWorlds folder that has a few random looking characters. As I said I only had one world so for me there was two folders, my old lost world and the new world I had just created. If you have more than two folders you may just have to do some trial and error, although they are in order of creation with oldest being at the top, newest at the bottom (the bottom-most folder is your new world).

Open you newest world folder (the one you made earlier) go to the db folder, delete everything in there (not the db folder itself. Go to your lost worlds folder, go to the db folder (for me there was another "lost" folder in db, that's fine). Copy everything in the db folder, including the "lost" folder. Go to your new world folder, go to the db folder, paste the contents from the old db folder into the new.

Open Minecraft, go to worlds (the world should still be called "My World", you can edit it later). Open the new world and you should find it has become your old world.

I hope this helps ! I have not seen anything else explaining this so I this helps some people, happy mining!

:)

reedybea5t, May 14, 2019

2. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Lost Worlds

Hi Harry,

To better help you with your concern about the missing world in the game Minecraft, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

How to recover missing Minecraft world:

• Click the start button and search %appdata%.
    • Find and enter the .minecraft folder.
    • Find the saves folder and right-click it, there should be an option called restore previous versions.

If the issue persists after doing the steps provided above, we recommend that you submit a request regarding this matter on this

link

Keep us posted.

Wilfred Mac, May 14, 2019
  3. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Lost Worlds

There is NO .minecraft/saves folder. MANY people have said that

Jamie S.Reich, May 14, 2019
  4. How to find/fix lost Minecraft Windows 10 Edition worlds

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Lost Worlds

Hello, my worlds were also deleted. I tried this but the folder only shows me worlds from the java edition of minecraft. Not the windows 10 edition. Does anyone know how to access the windows 10 edition worlds. Thank you if you can help!

Sparrowkai, May 14, 2019
Thema:

How to find/fix lost Minecraft Windows 10 Edition worlds

1. How to find/fix lost Minecraft Windows 10 Edition worlds - Similar Threads - find fix lost

2. Uninstalled Minecraft on Windows 10 Edition and lost worlds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled Minecraft on Windows 10 Edition and lost worlds: Hi, so me and my friend couldn't get into each other's worlds. We thought it was a glitch so we both uninstalled our games and reinstalled them. He got his worlds back but I did not, is there any way I could retrieve my worlds?- Whitty...
  3. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition "no connection to the world"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition "no connection to the world"?: I want to play Minecraft with Windows 10 Edition with a friend. They have the same edition as me, but when one of us opens the world and wants to join the other, there is "no connection to the world". We are friends with Microsoft and the servers are running normally, I can...
  4. MInecraft Windows 10 Starter Edition and lost worlds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MInecraft Windows 10 Starter Edition and lost worlds: Good afternoon, My son plays minecraft on the Windows 10 Starter Edition. He has logged in a couple of times and he no longer has access to two worlds he created. You can click on the world, it says loading and then it just comes up a black screen with "leave bed" and "open...
  5. Minecraft Lost Worlds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Lost Worlds.: Hello, Earlier today I logged into my minecraft world only to find out that my friend couldnt join. They had been having trouble joining the night before but upon looking for an answer, the only answer I could find was to uninstall and reinstall my minecraft windows 10...
  6. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition worlds disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition worlds disappeared.: I was on Minecraft beta and I wanted to go back to normal, so I copied the worlds and uninstalled Minecraft. When I went to re install it, a message popped up saying "Try again later". It did this for 8 hours, then I got it to work. When I loaded it up, all my worlds were...
  7. Deleted World in Minecraft Windows 10 edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted World in Minecraft Windows 10 edition: Hi everyone, today I accidentally delete one world in my minecraft windows 10 which I do not want to do. I am wondering is there any way I can recover the one I deleted today? I have searched up many ways online but none of them work for me. Please tell me if anyone knows how...
  8. How to restore the world in Minecraft Windows 10 Edition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore the world in Minecraft Windows 10 Edition?: I was playing and suddenly a blue screen appeared. when the computer turned on my world was gone. Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-the-world-in-minecraft-windows-10/56adc919-dd90-4431-99e2-ae5019e49f16
  9. Minecraft Windows 10-Lost Worlds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10-Lost Worlds: A few days ago I had to uninstall and reinstall Minecraft to fix a bug in my computer. When I opened it back up, my worlds were gone. I opened up to the file \AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\games\com.mojang\minecraftWorlds, where I'd...
  10. Lost minecraft worlds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost minecraft worlds.: [ATTACH]I was playing Minecraft windows 10 edition (the one from the Microsoft store) in the new beta and I wanted to opt out so I looked on the insider hub on what to do and it said to uninstall and reinstall the game. So I did but when I returned to the game all my worlds...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recover minecraftuwp worlds from previous versions