Windows 10: How to find if your computer supports Intel VT-X or AMD-V in Windows 10

Discus and support How to find if your computer supports Intel VT-X or AMD-V in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are planning to use Virtualization in Windows 10 (Sandbox or Hyper-V), the computer should support it on the hardware level.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 3, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to find if your computer supports Intel VT-X or AMD-V in Windows 10

WinClub, Jul 3, 2019
  2. hieurock Win User

Intel VT-x Enable?

I am unable to find anything with Intel Virtual Technology anywhere in the BIOS. I guess the only step is to update my BIOS, but I heard that is very risky. Is there any other way to enable Intel VT-x?

I have access to my graphics settings but I don't know if that will help.
    How to find if your computer supports Intel VT-X or AMD-V in Windows 10 [​IMG]

hieurock, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Cannot find the option to enable intel vt-x in Windows 10

Watch this youtube video:

Turn on Intel Virtualization Technology (vt-x) in Windows 10 & 8.1 from BIOS

humility_5292, Jul 3, 2019
  4. AmitWF Win User

VT x is not available in BIOS

Hi,

I am working on Intel Pentium Dual Core T4500, having windows 10 OS. I am trying to run a Windows 7 virtual machine using VMware workstation player 12 but it shows Intel VT-x is disabled in BIOS, but in BIOS I don't see this option
    at all. I have searched on intel site that this particular model T4500 doesn't support VT-x. Is there any turn around. If I use Virtualbox will that solve my problem.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

AmitWF, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

1. How to find if your computer supports Intel VT-X or AMD-V in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - find computer supports

2. VirtualBox error: VT-X/AMD-V hardware acceleration is not available in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    VirtualBox error: VT-X/AMD-V hardware acceleration is not available in Windows 10: Upon trying to run a version of Windows in VM VirtualBox, you may get VirtualBox error – VT-X/AMD-V hardware acceleration is not available on your system. Certain guests require this feature and may fail to boot without it. VT-x/AMD-V and Enable Nested Paging (System Section,...
  3. How i turn on vt-x mode?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How i turn on vt-x mode?: Hi I want to make the vt-x mode so I can make a vm virtual machine but I can't do how to do that I already have the method with shift+restart and then troubleshooting but there is no setting for UEFI. I don't have the legacy mode on. CAN I HELP ANYONE?:...
  4. VT-x and Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    VT-x and Windows Hello: I need help with two things. i I have enabled vt-x in my computer through bios but my vr machine is not running in VirtualBox. Any idea why ? ii My Windows Hello Face is saying --- " We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello". My laptop's camera is working...
  5. Vt-x

in Windows 10 Customization
    Vt-x: Will my system be damaged if i enable vt-x in bios. I have a Windows 10 pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vt-x/3dfd3649-5bf1-4d21-99c3-133ca8913135
  6. BIOS Enable Intel VT-x

in Windows 10 Customization
    BIOS Enable Intel VT-x: So what do I look for when the Blue Screen comes up? UEFI? Win 10 allows me to get this far [I can't locate Intel's settings], but there's no way to alter theBIOS. I recall having to do BIOS fiddles before with VMWareway back in the 2000s. Help, please....
  7. VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration is not available on your system. Certain guests (e.g. OS/2...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration is not available on your system. Certain guests (e.g. OS/2...: Hello, I have been using Oracle VM Virtual Box Manager ver 6.0.4 on my ThinkPad P1 computer since about six months. Since about a month ago from today, the Ubuntu 18.2LTS mounted on the VM Manager failed to load citing the above error message. Can you please advise if this...
  8. Windows 10 computer failed hard after changing VT-x and Intel Virtualization Technology for...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 computer failed hard after changing VT-x and Intel Virtualization Technology for...: For reference, my system is: i7-4790k ASUS ROG Maximus VII Formula 32GB RAM ASUS ROG GTX 980 So I installed Oracle VM with the intent of installing Linux on a Virtual Machine to learn. To install the 64-bit version of Linux though, I had to make a few changes to my...
  9. Can't find where to enable VT-x in BIOS

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Can't find where to enable VT-x in BIOS: When I try to download Android Studios this pops up: [img] So when I went to the BIOS to enable it, there was no setting there for it. I am running Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire 5755G - 6823 with an Intel i5 - 2430M @2.4GHz. I even downloaded the Intel(R) Processor...
  10. Intel VT-x Enable?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Intel VT-x Enable?: I need to enable Intel VT-x in order to run VMWare on my laptop. I cannot find where to enable it in my BIOS and I was wondering if there is any alternate way I can turn it on. I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad W540 and it is running on Windows 10. [img] 34765