Windows 10: How to find jpeg files with empty Comments field?

Discus and support How to find jpeg files with empty Comments field? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know I can search a folder in File Explorer, and use [ type: jpeg comments: "seasonal" ] -- without the brackets -- to find all jpeg files that have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by caresrg, Mar 3, 2019.

1. caresrg Win User

How to find jpeg files with empty Comments field?

I know I can search a folder in File Explorer, and use [ type: jpeg comments: "seasonal" ] -- without the brackets -- to find all jpeg files that have the word "seasonal" in the comments field in the metadata. How do I search for the files that have nothing in the comments?

:)

caresrg, Mar 3, 2019
  2. RVer88 Win User

Windows version 1809 - excel displays new comment instead of insert comment

Did all of the steps you suggested and the drop down list still does not show "insert comment" HOWEVER when I select "new note" from the dropdown list, it works the same as "insert comment". I think the engineers changed the title. Also at the top
    of the excel screen is a field "tell me what you want to do"; if you type in insert comment, the insert comment window comes up and looks exactly like the window when you select "new note". As you suggested, I will send feedback to the engineers. Thank
    you for your help.

RVer88, Mar 3, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Mar 3, 2019
  4. pepanee Win User

"Comments" field in File Explorer

I guess it depends on the file? As you can see in the screen shot, in the Details panel for the text file, there is no comment section, yet for the mp3 file, there's a comment section that I can edit.

How to find jpeg files with empty Comments field? [​IMG]

pepanee, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

1. How to find jpeg files with empty Comments field? - Similar Threads - find jpeg files

2. How to find comment in question?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find comment in question?: I got an alert saying my comment did not meet the community guidelines and was removed. What comment? I have never posted disrespectful comments but sure had plenty ugly comments on mine. Where do I find the comment they claim was an issue?...
  3. How to find comment in question?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find comment in question?: I got an alert saying my comment did not meet the community guidelines and was removed. What comment? I have never posted disrespectful comments but sure had plenty ugly comments on mine. Where do I find the comment they claim was an issue?...
  4. Empty fields

in Windows 10 Customization
    Empty fields: You know those secure payment sent via email. So I made a payment and got a receipt. I wanted to print it to PDF by way of the Print button on the receipt. Since I made payment through my iPad, I was then able to readily view the receipt through my iPad. I forwarded the...
  5. Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files: Hello Windows 10 can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files in Photo viewer/Photos/Paint app. windows edition - Windows 10 Pro windows version - 2004 Installed on - 2020-07-16 OS build - 19041.388 Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  6. Can I copy or transfer text in "Comments" field of each .jpg image to the "Tags" field For...

Can I copy or transfer text in "Comments" field of each .jpg image to the "Tags" field For...: I have thousands of .jpg images that have "various" long descriptions in each image that have been typed into the "Comments" property field using the MS Windows Explorer. Being able to do searches and sorting of that Comments field/column is naturally done in Windows...
  7. Only jpeg is supported when file is a jpeg

in Windows 10 Customization
    Only jpeg is supported when file is a jpeg: On two out of my three Windows 10 Pro 64-bit machines specifically a Surface Pro 3 and an HP desktop, when I attempt to upload a jpg file to certain web pages, I get an error message ..... is not supported. Only image/jpeg is supported. On my newest Windows 10 machine and...
  8. JPEG files -

JPEG files -: I photocopy files as JPEG files but when I come to open them in word i get a File Conversion window. This has only started in the last month or so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpeg-files/c21b08d6-5e88-4a48-afa1-cf330adecc5c"
  9. Integrated PDF Printer empty filename field

in Windows 10 Support
    Integrated PDF Printer empty filename field: Hi all, I want to avoid 3rd part PDF Printer (any of them satisfy me) so I want to use the integrated printer that to me is very good. I have a big issue though, when I want to save the PDF the window won't assign ANY filename, I have to WRITE it. It's a big issue in...
  10. "Comments" field in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    "Comments" field in File Explorer: There is one available; I have included it on my Details listings. How can I assign a comment? 92733