Windows 10: How to find location of file/app?

Discus and support How to find location of file/app? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cant find the option "open file location" or "properties" in my windows 11 when i right click a specific app... is there any other way to find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jairam Subhash, Nov 16, 2021.

1. How to find location of file/app?

I cant find the option "open file location" or "properties" in my windows 11 when i right click a specific app... is there any other way to find the location of an app or file?

:)

Jairam Subhash, Nov 16, 2021

2. my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Nov 16, 2021
  3. mystvearn Win User
    Open file location is missing in pinned apps

Yes. This is the one. Weirdly it now shows all the recent files after update. Maybe that has something to do with it. I did not do anything at all.

Thank you again. I guess the problem is solved.

mystvearn, Nov 16, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

How to find location of file/app?

Open file location is missing in pinned apps

No, that's not the sort of 'file location' the OP is referring to. Your 'file location' opens File Explorer at the location of the shortcut for that app in the Start Menu's Programs folder. The OP wants the list of recently opened files, or the Jump List as it is known (hover over each one and it shows its file location). Theirs is turned off (and yours by the looks of it).

How to find location of file/app? [​IMG]

Thema:

How to find location of file/app?

1. How to find location of file/app? - Similar Threads - find location file

2. Unable to Delete a file or find the location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Delete a file or find the location: i had run a setup from virtual disk then eject/close it.when i search the file and some file still show up but location leads to "internet address: ///D:/folder/folder% . . .%" something like that. i was trying to delete it and error 0x80004002 show up.how do i delete this...
  3. Unable to Delete a file or find the location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Delete a file or find the location: i had run a setup from virtual disk then eject/close it.when i search the file and some file still show up but location leads to "internet address: ///D:/folder/folder% . . .%" something like that. i was trying to delete it and error 0x80004002 show up.how do i delete this...
  4. Cannot locate App File Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot locate App File Location: Okay, windows 11 has had SO MANY ISSUES, but this one takes the cake. I am trying to find the home folder for the Phone Link App, but it is not available through the start menu. Whoever thought that removing good features of windows 10 was a good idea, should take a pay cut,...
  5. Cannot locate App File Location

Cannot locate App File Location: Okay, windows 11 has had SO MANY ISSUES, but this one takes the cake. I am trying to find the home folder for the Phone Link App, but it is not available through the start menu. Whoever thought that removing good features of windows 10 was a good idea, should take a pay cut,...
  6. How to find location of file/app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find location of file/app?: I cant find the option "open file location" or "properties" in my windows 11 when i right click a specific app... is there any other way to find the location of an app or file?...
  7. Cannot find file location

Cannot find file location: Help! I want to find the file location of a game on my PC, but it won't let me cos i do not have the permissions. i cannot configure the permissions to let me access the files. what do i do?...
  8. File Explorer "cannot find" location of file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer "cannot find" location of file: This problem started just a few days ago: The app has its icon on the task bar but now defaults to Windows can't locate file...?. I can go C:\Programs Files x86...; click on .exe and even then I get same error msg., I can execute same approach on any other app and it works...
  9. How to find file location in search function?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to find file location in search function?!: Hey guys, At some point windows has changed the search function. I used to search for a file or folder, then when finding the file or folder. I would hit the 'up arrow' directory function in the explorer window. It used to go to the folder where the found file was stored. You...
  10. Here's how to find location of Metro Apps in Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Here's how to find location of Metro Apps in Win 10: Hi there Some of you might want to put some metro apps as short cuts on the desktop without having to use tiles etc. You can also create LINKS and save these on a custom toolbar if you want. 1) run the following command : explorer.exe shell:AppsFolder 2) when the...