Windows 10: How to find Office 2016 serial key

Discus and support How to find Office 2016 serial key in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I need to ghost my HDD onto a larger one. Everything went fine, using Acronis disk director and true copy, except that Office 2016 isn't activated.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by sean5302, Oct 11, 2019.

1. sean5302 Win User

How to find Office 2016 serial key

I need to ghost my HDD onto a larger one.
    Everything went fine, using Acronis disk director and true copy, except that Office 2016 isn't activated.
    I've searched my email history to try and find the serial number, but can't find it.
    I then tried magic jellybean, but this doesn't seem to work on later than Office 2010.
    I've seen a few apps, free online, that reveal the last 5 digits of the serial, but nothing else.
    Surprisingly, those last 5 digits are the same both for my Win 10 and Office 2016. I got a free upgrade of the latter from Win 7.
    How can I find my license key, please?

:)

sean5302, Oct 11, 2019

2. Office 365 or Office 2016

Under info for the new office listing on My Visual Studio it states.

Office Professional Plus 2016 (x86 and x64) - (Multiple Languages)
    To obtain the product, follow these steps:

Step 1: Get your product key by clicking the ‘Get key’ button on the right.

Step 2: Go to the Office website by clicking the ‘Get it now’ button.

Step 3: Enter your 25-character product key and continue as directed on the site.

Released: 9/23/2015

And for the discontinued it states.

Office Professional Plus 2016 (Discontinued)
    Info
    Keys
    Office Professional Plus 2016 (x86 and x64) - DVD (English)
    No additional details are available for this file.

Released: 9/22/2015
    SHA1: 213A8A0F8849516704101CB6C49F6A027B0D6D5F
    File name: en_office_professional_plus_2016_x86_x64_dvd_6962141.iso

I'm thinking option one is going to be my only option. I'm fine with that as long as I can get Outlook to work with my ISP's pop3 e-mail. Last time I tried that with the new 2016 install I could not get it to work, no way no how. All the same settings that work with the ISO install?

EDIT: I should mention, for me as far as I know, neither of these options are a subscription. They use two different keys but they are perpetual one time activation licenses. I only ran the new download briefly though, as I could not get outlook to work. I bailed and went back to what works.

alphanumeric, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 serial on OEM

So I'll summarize steps made...

1. Saved serial number (taken with Belarc Advisory) from preinstalled (half chinese language) Windows 8.1 (don't know exactly the version, suspect Windows 8.1 with bing) on tablet
    2. Formatted tablet
    3. Tried to make a clean Windows 10 (HOME, HOME N and also PRO, everytime with the same result) install with ISO taken with MediaCreationTool, during install (and also after completing installation) it says that the saved serial is not valid
    4. Tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 (ISO taken with MediaCreationTool again) HOME, it says that the serial is not valid

So i suspect that the saved serial, is from a WINDOWS 8.1 WITH BING OEM version and this kind of ISO is not accessible/downloadable anywhere (at least I can't find it, any suggestion?)

Still not tried SHOWKEY with that serial, I am in office now, and the serial is saved on a usb pen at home, will try this evening.

So I'm stucked but if everything is like I suspect, it's incredible. If I have a tablet/notebook/netbook with Windows 8 preinstalled, it seems that I can update to Windows 10 without problems, but if I want to make a clean Windows 10 install that serial is not valid...

CapitanCatarro, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Rohn007 Win User

serial key

Hello Ankitagupta: My name is Ron. Please describe what you want in more detail. What application: Windows, Office, other? What version of that application: Win 10 / Win 8 / Office 365 Home / Office 2016 Home and student etc If you are asking about the
    "serial number" used to activate a program, in Microsoft that key is actually called the "Product Key". For Office and Windows it is 25 letters and numbers, written in 5 groups of 5.

Rohn007, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

1. How to find Office 2016 serial key - Similar Threads - find Office 2016

2. How can i find the serial key from an OEM serial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i find the serial key from an OEM serial: I had a slow laptop. I decided to reinstall the windows and format my laptop. The automatic process of windows was stopped unexpectedly and i was forced to install windows via media creation tool and a useb memory . Since i signed in my microsoft account the windows are not...
  3. How can i find the serial key from an OEM serial

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i find the serial key from an OEM serial: I had a slow laptop. I decided to reinstall the windows and format my laptop. The automatic process of windows was stopped unexpectedly and i was forced to install windows via media creation tool and a useb memory . Since i signed in my microsoft account the windows are not...
  4. How can i find the serial key from an OEM serial

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. How to find MS office product key?

How to find MS office product key?: A few months ago, I had reinstalled my Win10 installation, because my old Win10 OS was malfunctioning a lot not mentioning even this new OS is malfunctioning, like what the heck Microsoft, why is Windows 10 so buggy?. But now I want to install Microsoft Office on this new...
  6. Where is Office 2019 serial key?

Where is Office 2019 serial key?: A lot of sites in the internet say that Office 2019 serial key is in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DefaultProductKey", but that´s not the Office 2019 key. Where is Office 2019 serial key?...
  7. Office 2016 Key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office 2016 Key: I'm trying to find the Office 2016 key for a win 10 PC. I've tried 3 different key finders apps and they all just provide the win 10 key. Even Belarc does not provide the key. Any suggestions?...
  8. Office Pro 2016 key

Office Pro 2016 key: Deleted the email that had my Product Key for my downloaded Office 2016. How do I look at the key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-pro-2016-key/3aedb59b-4ec2-48d2-8d78-ba6cd9c8f995
  9. Unable to recover office 2016 key

Unable to recover office 2016 key: I have lost my original dvd of Microsoft office 2016. I currently have the office installed on my laptop. I want to reinstall windows and therefore will need the key again to reactivated office. I have contacted 4 support agents and all did remote access, tried generating...
  10. Download Office 2016 Full Key

Download Office 2016 Full Key: Download office 2016 full key This is the next successful office of microsoft. The office in 2016 has greatly improved voice features totally new compared to the 2013 or 2010 as well as Microsoft Office 2016 with a full suite of applications including Word 2016, Excel 2016,...