Windows 10: How to find out if I have Bitlocker

Discus and support How to find out if I have Bitlocker in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Doc can'be found in the link: For information how to enable BitLocker on a computer without a TPM, see BitLocker: How... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MaoLor, Nov 10, 2019.

1. MaoLor Win User

How to find out if I have Bitlocker

Split from this thread.​

Doc can'be found in the link:

For information how to enable BitLocker on a computer without a TPM, see BitLocker: How to enable BitLocker.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0954a1f0-df91-4a46-bb5c-96340bfd71c7(v=WS.11)

thankyou for helping.

I am not professional computer.i just Gradmom play only i do so many trouble.

i don't know.

how can i find out f Bitlock.?

:)

MaoLor, Nov 10, 2019
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Nov 10, 2019
  4. How to find out if I have Bitlocker

BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

How to find out if I have Bitlocker

1. How to find out if I have Bitlocker - Similar Threads - find Bitlocker

2. Cannot Find Bitlocker on Control Panel on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot Find Bitlocker on Control Panel on Windows 10: Bitlocker doesn't seem to be showing up on the control panel even though the service is turned on, screenshots below. How can I enable Bitlocker so that I can encrypt my hard drive? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  3. Have BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery key; Can I find out what's the password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Have BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery key; Can I find out what's the password?: Hi there, I encrypted 10 portable hard disks. Unfortunately, I seem to forget the password. I have the BitLocker recovery keys for 9/10 disks. I believe I used the same password for all 10 disks. Is there a way I can found out what password I used, so I can unlock the one...
  4. Windows 10 Mobile - how to find/recover bitlocker key in microSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Mobile - how to find/recover bitlocker key in microSD?: Hello, I have a Microsoft Lumia 640 which after rebooting several times (bootloop) simply didn't start. I removed the microSD and the phone boots just fine. The microSD then needs to be formatted in order to repair it. However, the same was encrypted with bitlocker by the...
  5. i cant find the bitLocker recovery key

i cant find the bitLocker recovery key: i have a Lenovo ideapad netbook and a couple months back i went to turn it on after it was unplugged and lost power due to a dead battery but when i plugged back in with the charger cord and powered it back up it now asks for a 32 digit bitlocker recovery key in order to get...
  6. How to find my bitlocker recovery key with my key id?

How to find my bitlocker recovery key with my key id?: How to find my bitlocker recovery key with my key id? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key-with-my-key/3a6f91bb-9a32-4e61-8b68-9e11829d0491
  7. Can't find Bitlocker key, can I perform a startup repair?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't find Bitlocker key, can I perform a startup repair?: Hello, I have a big problem in my PC: it boots, but after that it is frozen and I can only see the background and the taskbar, after regularly doing the login. I think booting in safe mode would at least allow me to do a backup, but when I try to boot from a live usb, it says...
  8. Can't find my BitLocker Recovery Keys

Can't find my BitLocker Recovery Keys: My computer has been booting up to a black screen and cursor. I can get into the diagnostic area but can't boot into safe mode. The diagnostic area sends me to a link to get BitLocker Recovery keys. I get there and the page says there are no recovery keys. I've called...
  9. How to find BitLocker recovery key on Windows 8.1/10

How to find BitLocker recovery key on Windows 8.1/10: Hello All, After trying to search for a good article on how to fix my BitLocker situation, I found the following article the most useful from Lenovo. https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/HT502684 I am sharing this knowledge because after thoroughly searching, all...
  10. I find my Bitlocker Wiederherstellungs-Key not Please in deutsch answer

in Windows 10 Customization
    I find my Bitlocker Wiederherstellungs-Key not Please in deutsch answer: Hello good People, ich verstehe nur deutsch!! (I am anderstand english) I am search BitLocker Wiederherstellungsschlüssel (Key) I com not off BitLocker verwalten (manage) Key ID: AF 593091 DESKTOP-PGGIFES OS 20.07.2018 Can you help my??? Good By Hermine...